New and already in trouble

• Hi. I am Amanda I am a 27 year old wife and student who has decided to rejoin the WW wagon. I was last on it about 5 years ago and lost about 40 pounds. I have since then between my bad eating and back issues gained it almost all back .

I have decided I am fed up with being fat and am going starting tomorrow to get back on WW.

Its been so long I really don't remember what I use to eat or buy and when I look around my home I realize all the food I currently have is either really bad or really high in points. Money is tight for us so I can't run out and buy all new food. (Thats how I am already in trouble lol) Any suggestions for cheap meals and low points would be appreciated.

I don't know if you guys have a buddy system. I use to belong to a site that did. I would love a WW buddy who is doing it at home like me. We could share emails or facebooks and just support each other.

Anyway I am really excited and scared all at once. Hubby wants to join me so that should make it a bit easier. Hope to get to know everyone better!

Amanda
  • Hi Amanda =)

So glad to hear you're rejoining WW and joining in with us!

The plan has likely changed since you've last been a member. If you're interested in the new PointsPlus plan, you'd be able to join for a meeting to get all the new materials.

If you're following one of the older plans, there are still sections dedicated to Momentum/TurnAround points.

I'm happy to see that your husband is joining in with you. That should help you to be able to resist bringing things into the home.

I'd suggest that, if you can't buy all new foods to start (and really who can?), then start with focusing on portions. Measure out your portions. And be sure to add in vegetables to bulk up the meals where you can.

There's an area on 3FC dedicated to get the best nutrition for the lowest buck: Shoestring Meals They're pretty easy to figure out and can be adjusted easily.

With money being tight, one of the cheaper things you can do is to make chilis or stews. They can be made in one day, and the leftovers can be used for lunches/dinners for the week. Also, they're incredibly flexible to most ingredients that people have on hand!

While there's no "official" buddy system on 3FC, there are a ton of support areas, challenges, and groups that post regularly.

Best of wishes, and hope to see you around the site on your journey!
  • Day one down and I did excellent! I still have 15 points left but its so late. I got busy working and didn't get to use them all. But I still didn't go over. Tomorrow I will try to eat all my points.
  • I use eggs a lot because I also have a limited food budget, so they are great for filling me up, and the protein keeps me full longer. I love a breakfast burrito (I use a whole wheat tortilla, a scrambled egg and some salsa, but if you like avocado or something else, it'd work great in there).

I saw a website called losing on a budget that was a blog by a lady who is on WW, and her recipes are all focused on lower cost options.
  • chubbybunny29 do you remember the blog URL? Or the ladies name? Also how many points are eggs. I was thinking I could only eat white part.

I have been making these turkey whole wheat wraps. I am loving them but I know I am going to get bored of them soon.

Day two down and I have 14 points left. I am trying but with my crazy work schedule I am not home to eat. Next week work slows down.

Amanda
  • Hi Amanda! Are you an online member, or using your old materials? The points have changed A LOT, from what I understand. Foods have a higher point value, but you also get more dailies. Eggs are 2 pts. Egg whites (up to 4 whites) are 1. I usually have one egg plus three egg whites for 3 pts and it is FILLING!
  • I am using the old system. Its what I did last time and it worked great for me.
  • Hello
    We have a few things in common already I, too, am named Amanda although I use Mandi..only my mother calls me Amanda, LOL. And I am also following the old points system for WW at home. I have been following for 22wks so far and I am down 47.8lbs and still going...there have been ups and downs but it's sooo worth it

If you want a buddy, I would love to chat about WW, etc. Let me know if you wanna chat. I have a few girls I email and just vent, share, whatever...it's a good outlet and the girls know exactly what you're going through...it's nice to have someone understand the struggles.

Good luck with your new journey!!! This is a great site...

take care.
  • I would love to join in on the old WW chat... I've just started and am down 9lbs or so, and would love some extra support along the way. I know this system works and it truly is better when you have weight loss buddies to 'bounce off' of! I would love to do recipe swaps and such!!
  • New Today and listening to conversations here and want to be part of it
    I am new today here . I am 70 young and proud. I am in the same boat as everyone else. Food expenses. I have done Caseroles the last week.
    I use the old WW book. I know the new book has less points. Anyhow. I am 5ft 5
    I have been doing this ww at home here and Monday I loss 3 pounds. I was 183 now I am 177

I am not sure how to use the points for the exercise to get a sweet. They say it is best to have a sweet so you do not get hngry and grave. I use Lesley Sanson video On Youtube. I do the Power March # 2. Power walk.
    When she says. Almost ready to slow the heart rate downwhen I am marching or walking with her. I quickly shove the button back to start. So I get more into the fast powerwalk she does and the arms swinging she does. So before I finish it all. To actually cool down for the heartbeat.
    I have back up time to do some side bends and lift my hands high before I actually do the cool down steps with her. I have had too sort of figure it out doing the video with her to know when to get it al done for 30 minutes. Ha,ha.
    As it is not just the half hour total the Video I dont think.I take my kitchen timer and set it at 30 to ring off. When I do what I explain it is then close to the 30 minutes.

I do 5 times for 30 minutes a day. She said if you do 4 times or 5 a week. It helps with the metabolism. My age. I need all the help.

So for those who use the old www system. With extra points me exercising. Can I get a sweet the same day or do I have to add them to the weekend?
    This I have no clue. I love the point system . I think an orange and a strawberry I read has a point and not sure what a banana is off my head.

• Correction. I was 180 and loss 3 pounds. I made a 3 instead of the 180.
    Senior moment.