IP Daily Chat Friday 1/6/12

You're on Page 1 of 10
Go to
  • Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
  • Hi there!
    I am new-ish here..was on IP faithfully for 12 weeks..lost 33lbs..not sure what happened but IP went out the window..a little self sabotage on my part it happens..but I am back on..hopefully for the last time!
    Day 3..I forgot the headache..lol..hopefully wont last too much longer!
    Have a great day ladies and thanks for all the posts that show the light at the end of tunnel
  • Hello, new here as well! I've been on ideal protein since this past Monday, please look at the topic I posted, any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...in-advice.html
  • Hello All

Hope everyone had a great on OP week and may i add THANK HEAVENS the holidays are behind us lol

I have my 4th weigh in 2morro and finally the scale at my center and the one at my home are within 2lbs of each other. My center has 2 scales, one weighed me like 60lbs less then my one at home and the other 24lbs less. While that was hilarious they were clearly off and this bugged me to no end (obsessive, i know lol). They moved the scale from the office floor to hard wood and it weighed me correctly *relief* ... How strange that it works in the office for everyone else except for myself. Go figure lol

P.s. For all the people just starting and talking about ketosis. Not everyone has the same symptoms. The average person achieves ketosis on this protocol within 3 to 4 days. I was ravenous for the 1st 3days, then got a nasty taste in my mouth the 3ed night, woke the next day with no appetite at all and those were my symptoms.

P.p.s. BTW Wuv i don't notice the taste anymore but i never leave my house without tic tac's, altoid smalls or cinnamon gum. I feel sorry for anyone who would to talk to me without them lol
  • Depressed
    Weighed in today after returning from vacation. Just placed an order from ideal to go. I am up 15 pounds since September. Went off track after surgery, then the holidays hit and bam! I am jumping back on today. I can't wait to have energy again, and start losing. So yeah, I'm back. I was just a few pounds to goal back in September, but didn't phase off properly. Lesson learned.
  • Good morning! Started my round 2 of phase 1 on Monday. Still feeling hungry and have had a headache one day. Hard to tell if the headache was from the diet or stress from work. I have been doing bootcamp at a gym here in town. My trainer weighed me yesterday and she was surprised as to how much I've lost but my bodyfat has gone up within the past month. Possibly because I haven't really gone to the gym much over the holidays. My trainer told me my goal for this month is to lose 3lbs., which is nothing while doing this diet! I haven't told her I have been doing the IP diet (Alternative products) out of fear that she will no longer allow me to do bootcamp. Anyone else doing something like this?

Beginning on day 5 of phase 1! Hope the hunger goes away soon!! Hope you all have a great day!
  • WI#2 today and I'm down another 6lbs! SO EXCITED to see results! Thanks everyone for the support and motivation!
  • Good morning!!

Welcome to the restarters! And mamacita congrats! That's awesome!!

I think I might have just discovered the best thing ever, Cinnamon Roll flavored coffee. Hubby got a package for Christmas and this morning I was out of my pumpkin so I tried it, oh my goodness!! Yum!!

I also realized last night that IMO IP makes me look different. Maybe it's my coloring or something but last night I could totally tell a difference in the way my face looks (and I haven't lost enough weight yet to make a difference that way). I looked back like when I was first pregnant and glowing again, hubby even mentioned it out of the blue. Maybe it's the self confidence I have gotten from doing something good for myself but no matter what I will take it! Anyone else see themselves differently?

I also think I'm finally over the hump, I slept hard last night and when I got up this morning no headache and I actually feel ready to attack the day, instead of letting it run me over. That being said I need to get my butt off here and attack all the work I have been letting slip while I wasn't feeling well. Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • Good morning everyone!!!

I hope everyone had an awesome IP day yesterday!! I sure did..and I am ready to have another one today!
    I am on my 4th day on plan and I forgot how hungry I am in the morning...this is going to be a looooooong morning.

Yesterday I was reading a few posts where people were saying they were having vivid dreams and I had never recalled having any of them my first time on IP and last night geez louise did it ever hit me!!!
    Do any of you know how long these types of dreams last??

Isn't this site an amazing support???? It feels great being back here and reading what everyone has to say. I am learning so much more this time around and getting new recipes to make this diet a not so boring diet after all We have to make the best out of it!!!

I hope you all have a great day on plan...YOU ARE WORTH IT!
  • Quote: Good morning! Started my round 2 of phase 1 on Monday. Still feeling hungry and have had a headache one day. Hard to tell if the headache was from the diet or stress from work. I have been doing bootcamp at a gym here in town. My trainer weighed me yesterday and she was surprised as to how much I've lost but my bodyfat has gone up within the past month. Possibly because I haven't really gone to the gym much over the holidays. My trainer told me my goal for this month is to lose 3lbs., which is nothing while doing this diet! I haven't told her I have been doing the IP diet (Alternative products) out of fear that she will no longer allow me to do bootcamp. Anyone else doing something like this?

Beginning on day 5 of phase 1! Hope the hunger goes away soon!! Hope you all have a great day!
    Hello Bailey,

Doing bootcamp is very intense to be done while on IP (especially in the beginnnig of this diet), if you don't adjust by adding a pack a day, your body will be burning your muscles instead of fat and will hold on to your fat as a defense mechanism.

You can do mild exercises such walking, yoga and pilates, but bootcamp is hard and you have to up your protein intake.

Just wanted to share this with you, maybe you should tell your trainer that you are doing IP and explain to her how the protocol works and what you eat so she can adjust your exercise? Just a thought!
  • Hi Everyone,

I've been living on here the past day or two--it's getting me through the doldrums. It's my 5th week (ends next Tue) and I am not hitting a wall, just kind of blah. Yesterday, I felt so hungry, maybe it's because TOM is on its way out of town, I don't know. I tested and am still in ketosis, so at least that's a plus. I just feel like I want this to go faster or that I want to see more of a result. I know this is all in my head and I know that I am doing well, but when I think that I will be on phase 1 for a few more months, UGH. This morning, I tried on all of my jeans again, which I've been doing weekly for encouragement since I don't know how much I weigh. I should be happy that I fit into ones I haven't fit into for 2 years and that the ones that were new and always a little too tight are now getting to be wearable. I just want to sail through that size and go on to the next. I know it's a matter of 2 or 3 weeks before I accomplish that, and I just want them to fly by or wake up and be there already! I love looking at everyone's photos and tickers and recipes and posts--they are really getting me through. My fiance thinks I'm great and is telling me how proud he is, which feels good. I'm just having a bout of impatience right now. The good thing is, I am not tempted to cheat. I just want these days to go by more quickly :-)
  • Coming out of the fog
    Good morning everyone! I'm at day 6 and the fog has lifted I feel really good today and am thankful I found my way to this program. My first WI is tomorrow morning and I am excited to see what I've lost.

I am having an issue with the sodium though. I am very sodium sensitive and find my feet are quite swollen by days end. Even my toes get a bit swollen depending on what I eat. I looked up the nutritional information and was amazed with the amount of sodium in some of the products. My coach said I will balance out but I am worried this will not happen. Has anyone else been through this?

• Quote: WI#2 today and I'm down another 6lbs! SO EXCITED to see results! Thanks everyone for the support and motivation!
    Congrats!
  • NavyMommy - I posted a question to you in the alternative thread. If you have time, could you look and respond?? Thank you!!!
  • I've been OP and swimming laps, walking, and staying very active. I'm hungry during the day and not losing. I used ketostix last night and this morning and I'm in mild ketosis. I should be having a major calorie deficit and see the scale move. Has anyone else had this? I am a slow loser even when I was 30. Did a very restricted diet with an hour of exercise per day minimum and only lost avg 5 lbs per month. I was a very fit size 12 at 160 lbs and could play tennis for hours, bike, and workout all in a day. I was so excited to see big numbers in the beginning but I'm afraid it's going to stay slow now. Anyone else have this experience?