IP Daily Chat Thursday 1/5/12

You're on Page 8 of 10
Go to
  • Quote: I go for my first weigh in tomorrow. So I'm excited to see what I've lost. But, I'm hoping I don't have sticker shock over the cost of next weeks meals. Also, I'm craving sweets real bad today. NE suggestions?
    I loved the chocolate drink. It tastes like a creamy hot coccoa to me. Also liked the chocolate soy puffs, yummo!
  • thanks for the info Mustang I'll try the WF choc syrup, and to abuck thks
  • I need help from my fellow chicks. I am now able to make a signature but when I clicked on the get started link it said invalid. Then I made a signature and when I clicked preview it said failed. What am I doing wrong? I know someone will have the answers because you guys always do. Patiently waiting to get my signature working. ~ Aimee
  • DAY 5...and going strong.

I've never actually gone on a diet before - I always just thought that I could exercise it off or just cut back on how much I ate to shed the pounds. That doesn't work for me anymore which is how I've ended up on IP and on this message board.
    Hour by hour I feel like I'm not only taking back my health but my self confidence. I'm looking forward to finding and sharing the support in this journey on this message board.
  • Quote: I need help from my fellow chicks. I am now able to make a signature but when I clicked on the get started link it said invalid. Then I made a signature and when I clicked preview it said failed. What am I doing wrong? I know someone will have the answers because you guys always do. Patiently waiting to get my signature working. ~ Aimee
    Did you edit then save your signature?
  • Quote: I'm on day 5 and have experienced this sinus headache since day 2. Tried salt, sinus meds, coffee and still here. Is this part of diet? Can't wait to feel better!

New Englander - thank you for the private message. Im unable to respond as I haven't enough messages yet.

Greatly appreciate all the help and support on this forum!!

You All Are The BEST!!!!
    I realized mine gets better when I eat... But it kind of lingers.
  • Quote: DAY 5...and going strong.

I've never actually gone on a diet before - I always just thought that I could exercise it off or just cut back on how much I ate to shed the pounds. That doesn't work for me anymore which is how I've ended up on IP and on this message board.
    Hour by hour I feel like I'm not only taking back my health but my self confidence. I'm looking forward to finding and sharing the support in this journey on this message board.
    I'm on day 4 and feeling great! Little bit of sinus headaches BUT other than that I am not hungry. I am into a groove and it feels good!
  • Quote: Did you edit then save your signature?
    I tried to preview first and it said it failed?
  • Good evening all!!! I haven't posted in awhile so I figured it was time. I'm so excited that I have almost hit my 50lbs mark in only 3 months!! It's insane... I almost cried when I went into Ann Taylor Loft with my sister and I was actually able to buy clothes there!!

One thing that I am finding is that I can't look in the mirror and see the change. I know my clothes are fitting better but I just don't see it... I have a very distorted body image from childhood thanks to some mean people. Does anyone else have this issue??
  • Quote: Today is day 5 and this is the first day that I have really dealt with hunger between breakfast and lunch, headache too

How did people deal with social events the first weeks? I feel like I just want to hibernate socially for a couple of weeks until I get more confident with the program before going out.
    i feel the same way. I am on day four and a friend of mine is having a party saturday night and I am thinking i shouldn't go. Also, tonight I usually go to my aunts house to watch grey's anatomy and private practice. We alternate who will cook. Usually I make my famous meatballs and spaghetti and she'll make something fatty and good. This week I told her I would eat at home and be over after. She understands... But, my sister started going with us and she doesn't understand. She texted me today and said she made homemade guacamole for tonight. I am nervous because I used to eat guacamole by the gallon (Not really) but it's my favorite. It is going to be hard to watch them all eating it and i can't. I am not going to cheat, I just know that it'll bother me.

So my plan is to bring a pickle and my shake. Hopefully that will work
  • Quote: Good evening all!!! I haven't posted in awhile so I figured it was time. I'm so excited that I have almost hit my 50lbs mark in only 3 months!! It's insane... I almost cried when I went into Ann Taylor Loft with my sister and I was actually able to buy clothes there!!

One thing that I am finding is that I can't look in the mirror and see the change. I know my clothes are fitting better but I just don't see it... I have a very distorted body image from childhood thanks to some mean people. Does anyone else have this issue??
    Take some progression pictures, do a side by side. It's there, HONESTLY! I have pictures every 35 lbs that are for my reference. So that when I feel like this (and I do even now 113 lbs down) I can look back and say "WOW...GO ME!"
  • Hi. After starting Dec 1 I had so many friend's parties to attend. I won't fib and tell you it was easy BUT I wanted to be thin and healthy more than anything and told myself (as many have said in the forum) "this isn't forever. Go to the events and have trust in yourself that even a bite isnt worth it. Take your food if need be and kind people who care about you will understand!
  • Quote: I tried to preview first and it said it failed?
    it took me a few times to try before mine worked. Its been 7 or so months I don't remember how....lol
  • I forgot to eat all my packets today . Very busy work day and hunger finally getting under control. Is it okay if I just ate dinner at 5:45 and then have two packets by 9:00?
  • Quote: i feel the same way. I am on day four and a friend of mine is having a party saturday night and I am thinking i shouldn't go. Also, tonight I usually go to my aunts house to watch grey's anatomy and private practice. We alternate who will cook. Usually I make my famous meatballs and spaghetti and she'll make something fatty and good. This week I told her I would eat at home and be over after.
    Once you get more used to the diet, you can start experimenting with recipes. You can do shredded zucchini noodles and the following meatball recipe.

Spicy Southwest Meatballs .
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3834212-post440.html

I developed this recipe while doing the diet, and even my non-dieting friends would request them... I didn't want to make it for them, though, because it gets expensive.