Season 13!

You're on Page 5 of 45
Go to
  • Okay, I am watching the episode now and I am at the part with Dr. H telling the one guy he has sleep apnea. What irks me is that the mask and hose for the CPAP machine can be seen right beside the guy on the bedside table while the doctor is telling him this bit of 'news'.

Annoying show.
  • I fast forward through all the doctor stuff. It has gotten redundant over the years...
  • Quote: I fast forward through all the doctor stuff. It has gotten redundant over the years...
    I should have too as it is so scripted.
  • maybe the doctor brought them with him and put them on the night tables before they started talking.
  • Quote: I hope Mike does well, but I just get the feeling there was a LOT that went on with that team for things to happen the way they did. Mike came off, to me, as a really nasty person. So did what's her face who was arguing so much with him. But something about Mike rubbed me the wrong way.
    she was loudly saying she hated him at the first weigh in. I was shocked by that. who does that?
  • Quote: she was loudly saying she hated him at the first weigh in. I was shocked by that. who does that?
    I think she was pissed at him because he called her brother something like "big guy" at the weigh-in, I didn't find it that offensive myself, so there must be something more that happened behind the scenes...

I also chuckled when the girls were over Dolvet and weren't saying anything about Bob ...
  • I get pretty pissed at people too. I've never announced I hated them right in front of their face lol
  • Quote: I think she was pissed at him because he called her brother something like "big guy" at the weigh-in, I didn't find it that offensive myself, so there must be something more that happened behind the scenes...

I also chuckled when the girls were over Dolvet and weren't saying anything about Bob ...
    He called he brother "tank" at the first weigh in. Pretty rude IMHO.
  • Quote: He called he brother "tank" at the first weigh in. Pretty rude IMHO.
    I missed that but it was pretty rude. Some of my so-called 'friends' called me that in highschool.
  • Quote: maybe the doctor brought them with him and put them on the night tables before they started talking.
    I doubt that because this was the second week on the Ranch and the doctor would have known thier conditions long before that and had them set up with the machines when they first arrived. Both of them had CPAP machines. You could see the hoses snaking up from underneath the beds and the masks were resting on the end table between the 2 beds. I caught that during a long camera shot.
  • I don't think her brother was offended at all. He didn't even seem to notice. It was her that was all aghast at the comment. He did say he apologized immediately after the weigh in when he realized it upset her. She needs to get over herself. It wasn't like it was a skinny person calling him tank. He is just as overweight as her brother.

Do love her brother though. Don't see how he got such an awesome personality and she is just a witch!
  • I was wondering if anyone else noticed that most of them didn't have really great weight losses the first week and then the second week was so bad. Just doesn't make sense. You would think if they didn't have a great first week the second week would have been better. Did anyone but the one kid have a weight loss in the double digits?
  • Quote: I don't think her brother was offended at all. He didn't even seem to notice. It was her that was all aghast at the comment. He did say he apologized immediately after the weigh in when he realized it upset her. She needs to get over herself. It wasn't like it was a skinny person calling him tank. He is just as overweight as her brother.

Do love her brother though. Don't see how he got such an awesome personality and she is just a witch!
    I also didn't feel that he was that offensive when he said that, like Mary said it's not like a small person was calling out an overweight person... And he did appologize... It's just not nice to name call anyone not matter what, but maybe to him it is a term endearment ... Maybe he calls everyone who is big in his life Tank... I call many men Bud
  • "I was wondering if anyone else noticed that most of them didn't have really great weight losses the first week and then the second week was so bad. Just doesn't make sense. You would think if they didn't have a great first week the second week would have been better. Did anyone but the one kid have a weight loss in the double digits? "

I was wondering about that, too.

I really like the brother that got called "Tank", too. My husband remarked that his personality was a lot like Ramon's--great positive attitude and smile.
  • I feel really bad for the couple that got sent home the first night - not only because they had to go home, but because they had to film the cooking in their house. As if it's not hard enough to wrap up your life for the next 12 weeks so you can actually get on a plane and go, but now you have to have your house in order for millions of people to see! I think I'd lose those 50 pounds running around painting my walls, scrubbing drip pans, and getting everything in tip top shape!

I didn't think I'd like anybody from this season. At last season's finale, the trailer made everybody look whiny and crabby. But there turns out to be several that I like. Plus, I like it that the weight loss has seemed more realistic this season.