some lowfat cookbook titles

• Hi,

Dana had asked for the named of some of the low fat cookbooks I like. I answered it in another thread, but figured other people might be interested.

From Prevention magazine publishers Rodale Press I like "Eat Great Lose Weight", Healthy homestyle Cooking and More healthy homestyle Cooking by Evelyn Tribole

The Looney Spoons books are good as well.

Another of my favorites is called "Set for Life." It may be out of print, though. The recipes are very down to earth and include a great pineapple chicken stir fry , spaghetti pie and many Mexican dishes. Check the library.

Another series I really like is by Holly Clegg-her books are "Trim and Terrific One Dish Favorites," "Trim and Terrific American Favorites" and "'Meals on the Move-Rush Hour Recipes". She also has a "Trim and Terrific Louisiana Kitchen" (I don't own this one) with Southern recipes. She has many Italian and Mexican recipes, which I love, and also a good number of vegetarian recipes.

I also use the Quick Cooking recipe books (from the magazine) and modify them to make them healthier.

Hope this is helpful.

Sherry
  • thanks Sherry...

I think I'm going to try the looney spoons - I've heard a lot about that book.

Dana
  • I don't know if anyone is interested, but I just got the Weight Watchers cookbook from Sam's. It looks really good and already has the points figured out for all of the recipes. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.
  • thanks, sherry. i went and bid on some at ebay. =)
  • another cookbook author
    Another lowfat cookbook author is Sandra Woodruff. She has about four or five books, including main dishes, mexican, italian and dessert recipes. I like that she includes vegetarian dishes also.

Enjoy,
    Sherry