#272 Bale of Turtles Welcoming in the New Year

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Taylorsjourney~ What's the name of the group? I'll look it up next time I am on. How was your Zumba class?

Itryharder~ Happy New Year to you too! I wish the weather would cooperate enough for me to get some walking in outside as well, but VT is being odd as usual with rain, snow, sleet!

bandit2~ I'm glad to hear your holidays went well! Hopefully you clean out your fridge more often then I do, as I definitely found some not-so-yummy left-overs!

Been a pretty good day overall! Some of you may remember me talking about my friend who was falsely accused of a crime in 2010. Unfortunately she was found guilty, even though the evidence was all circumstantial and their star witness was the real culprit. The judge has already said that he thinks her appeal will be granted as it was a weak case. Meanwhile, my friend had been living with me for about a year before this happened, and I hit a bit of a snag today when cleaning out the cupboards. She has a chocolate drawer. If I move the chocolate, I'm still going to know where it is. If I ask my parents to hold on to the chocolate, my dad will eat it. Ugh! If I throw it out, then I'll have to replace it... and we're talking $40-$50 of chocolate (she LOVES chocolate!). Soooo, any ideas?
  • Hey everyone .. just popping in for a minute to tell you something my Zumba teacher told us.. she said "don't worry about what you ate between Christmas and New years, but worry about what you eat between New Years and Christmas".. I thought that was some food for thought...

Kim the name of the group on FB is Turtles.. my class was awesome but it really kicked my butt tonight.. so headed to bed.. sorry to hear about the injustice of your friend, unfortunately you hear about that more and more.. would freezing it be an alternative to the chocolate.. I mean yes you will still know where it is - but if you put it in a container with HER name on it will that deter you from wanting to get into it - along with the need to wait til it thaws.. LOL..
  • It's 11:11pm and my stomach thinks it wants food . . . or my mouth does. Know what I'm gonna do? Eat a jolly rancher and go upstairs. Ha! take that you temptation, you!
  • Hey all Back to work for me this am!!!

Taylor I have heard that "what you eat between NewYears ans Xmas is more important blurb before!!! Thanks for reminding us its a good one and so true.

Kim not sure about the choc issue I would just throw it out! Deal with the aftermath later!!!

Judy I dont have a clue what eating plan to follow, WW just hasnt cut it I loose 10 lbs then thats it, my boss has lost 35 lbs on what she calls a modified Atkins, she is a doctor must have some sense about her!!!!

All lets get at it! We can do this in 2012!!!
    Keeping it simple for now- move more eat less !!!!

Terri
  • good morning ladies.. don't fall off your chair I'm back two days in a row LOL.. I had a total OP day yesterday which wasn't a struggle but wasn't fun either today I'm aiming for another good one.. workout is done, meals are made and off to work I will go.. 7 weeks til surgery so that is helping my focus to stay as behaved as I can or at least I hope it will..

Have an awesome day everyone!!!
  • We can do this! I love the New Year's----Christmas quote and I'm sending it to my WW leader right now.

Yesterday was a great day for me. I plan on making this a great OP day, hour by hour. I've got it planned out and I'll make it work. Running errands, but have food for my car, so this will be a good day.

Judy
    We are doing this!!!!
  • I've heard that saying but it was "it's not what you eat between Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's what you eat between Christmas and Thanksgiving".

Ah yup.
  • Hi turtles:

Day 2 of our New Year - so how are you all doing so far?

Been OP & walked 3 miles last night

Very cold up here today
  • Hi Turtles,
    What do you all think of a Valentine's Day Challenge? We're talking about six weeks. We all know that six weeks of being OP and exercising often can knock off a nice amount of weight. I'll be glad to set up a Weigh In Challenge Thread like we did for The Biggest Loser Challenge.

Anybody up for it? Let's figure out what we want to track. Once we get some ideas going, I'll set up a thread.

: in our futures!!!!!!
    Judy
    234.6/???/179 and thinner Reaching goal in 2012!!
  • I'm in!!!
  • good morning!!! slow start to my day so getting ready to head out now to workout..had an OP day yesterday but not so great on the water.. I will conquer that one this year LOL... Have a fantastic day everyone!!
  • Hi Judy - good idea, I'm in as well

Have been OP all week but only walked 3 miles. So goal this week is to get that increased. Developed a cold, so wasn't up to it

See you in the challenge!
  • I am still here. I am trying to catch up on everyones posts.
    Kim- Nice to see you. I am sorry to hear things have been pretty rough for you but it is good to see your being positive.
    My weight is kinda stuck since i have had to eat a lot less than i am use to but i think it is getting ready to head back down soon. I will do my best on the challenge when we figure out what we are doing.
    Taylor-Good to see you've gotten yourself back on track and going the right direction.
    Hello to everyone. Keep up the good work.
  • I'm in . . . I'm already in the Valentine's Day Challenge thread (my goal is 2/12 - - - when The Walking Dead returns!) and The Biggest Loser Challenge thread (I'm on the red team). I'll do a challenge here too . . .it can only help!

I don't think the scale has moved down yet, despite being OP. I just keep telling myself that it will. <sigh>

Getting the dogs out for walks . . they like the cold! The little one slipped his harness today and went after another dog. Well, if my two dogs are yanking and barking and growling at your dog, don't stop 6 feet from them to talk to the lady next to me. Like . . . DUH! No one was hurt but my little guy was shaking like a leaf, as was the other dog. Maybe that person will cross the street next time!
  • loose seal~ No worries! That scale will move soon!

CherryAutumn~ It's good to see you too!

bandit2~ Congrats on staying on plan!

Taylorsjourney~ How did you do on water today?

Itryharder~ I'm in!!!

terrod99~ Haha, funny thing is that my dad came over today and ate almost half of it... how he found it, I have no idea... He must have the nose of a hound!

On our way home from the basketball game last night, the basketball team insisted on stopping at McDonald's. UGH! I was pretty good though. I ordered a small fry, a small wildberry smoothie, and ran across the street and got a 6" sub from subway. I did go over on my calories, but I have set myself at 1500, and can realistically eat up to 1800-2000 and still lose weight. I ended up at just under 1800, so I can't last night as a success!
    I hit 30 minutes on the elliptistrider tonight and even tried a new weight loss program on the machine. I thought I was going to die! I was so proud of myself when I stepped off the machine though! 525 calories burned!!! Goal for next time is to not feel like I'm dying... G'night everyone!!!