IP Daily Chat Wednesday 12/20/11

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: Hello Wuv,

I wanted to put this picture in my signature but it did not work, I heard you can make it smaller, can you help me with this?
    You look amazing! Keep up the great work!!!
  • Quote: Holy Toledo! I had a great weigh in!!! I lost 4.6 lbs this past week!!! Woo hoo!!! I expected my usual 2 - 2 1/2...which I was usually happy with BUT this one made me really happy!!!
    WI's like this totally put me in a good mood, specially when everyone is eating all the sweets... Lately in my head I just chuckle know that those 5lbs will probably never come off that person!! MUAHAHAHA... Im EVIL like that!!
  • Thanks for the honest words-I have NEVER stuck to a diet, I didn't need to diet until a few years ago. This is all new to me, I love the IP diet! The food is great! It just the dessert I am going to have trouble resisting-but I will remember what you said-it will all be there next year!
  • Quote: Never be disappointed in ANY losses that you have no matter how small they are. A Loss is a Loss!!!....your average will probably be 3lbs a week so you will have small weeks but it all works out.

For Christmas I will have Turkey, Cauliflower dressing, Cucumbers and green beans. All of that food that will be there will be there again next year just like it has been for the past 45 years. One year without it won't kill me plus I feel great and I know after eating my meal I won't be stuffed and miserable like I have been in the past. Ok, so your mom will have her famous Christmas pudding, won't it be there next year? I bet you 10 to 1 it will!!!....is it worth having to not lose 2lbs?....for me the answer is no because I have that mind set. Anything I want will be there when I am done so it is worth the wait for me. As far as spending time with my family, there is no need for alcohol, alcohol doesn't solve anything AND will hold me back from losing as much as I can so again not an option for me. Christmas WILL BE HERE NEXT YEAR....this is a NO CHEAT program!....ok...enough of that, I am not saying all of this to be a mean person either, if you have read the boards at all you will see this is how I am, very truthful and honest....have a happy holiday
    Thanks for the honest words-I have NEVER stuck to a diet, I didn't need to diet until a few years ago. This is all new to me, I love the IP diet! The food is great! It just the dessert I am going to have trouble resisting-but I will remember what you said-it will all be there next year!
  • Hi everyone,

Tried to make mashed cauliflowers yesterday and it was pretty good. Used my 1oz milk and added some I can't believe its not butter spray, salt and lots of pepper and it was very good (considering i don't like cauliflowers). But 2 cups raw gave me about 1/2 cup mashed but it was very filling with my 8oz chicken breast (which i cook with chipolte miss dash). I was so pissed cause i cooked also the chicken that i was going to bring to my christmas party tomorrow night and got up this morning to see that i had left my container on the kitchen counter...ugh..so now i have to buy more to make some tonight.

Jelly - Great WI, you're so close to the 100lbs...you are the fastest loser here and am amazed at how you lost basically 100lbs in 20weeks...you know that gives you a 5lbs/week average! Sorry about the family drama..sometimes i'm glad that christmas is just us.

Sandra - You look absolutly gorgeous!

Nothing new to report...will be rushing at work until we finish working tomorrow at 4.
  • Quote: WI's like this totally put me in a good mood, specially when everyone is eating all the sweets... Lately in my head I just chuckle know that those 5lbs will probably never come off that person!! MUAHAHAHA... Im EVIL like that!!
    LOL...I can so see your face and hear that evil laugh coming out of you....lol...You are right too they will NEVER lose that 5lbs...AND you will never gain that 5lbs so you are in great shape!!!

Quote: Thanks for the honest words-I have NEVER stuck to a diet, I didn't need to diet until a few years ago. This is all new to me, I love the IP diet! The food is great! It just the dessert I am going to have trouble resisting-but I will remember what you said-it will all be there next year!
    This is a great program, I love it!!....its easy too that is why they say THIS IS YOUR LAST DIET!!!....Trust me I know about the desserts, I am the same way, My mom makes these turtles, pralines and fudge ONLY at Christmas but they will be there next year so it something to look forward too I am happy you did not take what I said wrong, just trying to keep it real ya know?
  • Quote: Hello Wuv,

I wanted to put this picture in my signature but it did not work, I heard you can make it smaller, can you help me with this?
    You look great!!! Way to go!!!

Quote: HEllo Everyone... Hope everyone is doing well! and staying away from all the holiday goodies! I know that I am!! I am just too far along in this to let it go over one measly holiday!
    One thing I hate about Christmas is the family drama... That is exactly what is going on right now... To mkae a long story short. I convinced my parents to do dinner instead of breakfast... but now the sister is making a big deal about it... Since we always do things in the morning... So I told them that I wont show up. since I cant eat anything they have for breakfast. and my BF and I dont get his daughter til Noon, then we have to do our Christmas...

Anyways. I just needed to vent. I have no one else that will listed to me rant about how much I cant stand most of my family!!
    I have a similar situation here. Actually this entire year has been drama-filled and I would really like a peaceful Christmas!! When you start having your own family you just have to do what is best for you and yours. Good luck in dealing with it...wishing you a very Merry (and peaceful) Christmas!!

Quote: Just got back from my WI ...down another 2lbs and another 1.5 inches...WOOHOO!!!!!....I am super excited, the inches are really starting to come off now AND I am not hurting AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!...whoop whoop!!....lol

I am leaving to go to mom's today so I won't be around as much as usual but I will check in while I am there. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and a safe holiday!...Much love to all
    Great WI, Wuv!! Glad to hear you are having some relief as well!!

Quote: Holy Toledo! I had a great weigh in!!! I lost 4.6 lbs this past week!!! Woo hoo!!! I expected my usual 2 - 2 1/2...which I was usually happy with BUT this one made me really happy!!!
    Way to go!! That's awesome!! Great motivation to stay OP this weekend!!

Quote: WI's like this totally put me in a good mood, specially when everyone is eating all the sweets... Lately in my head I just chuckle know that those 5lbs will probably never come off that person!! MUAHAHAHA... Im EVIL like that!!
    LOL!!! I'm evil like that, too!! Love it!!
  • Nothing much going on today...just patiently waiting for Friday to get here so I can be off of work.

Yesterday while I was out and about I forgot AGAIN to drink my protein drink at lunch. Just completely forgot about it. That's the second day in a row and I'm pretty bummed about it because I'm worried that I messed myself up by doing that two days in a row. Thankfully I don't have to do much today and lunch will be at home so I will be sure to get it in. Too much running around = one crazy woman!!

I want my normal schedule/routine back!! Whaaa!!!! LOL!
  • JellyMae87, You made me laugh!!! Love the evil laugh!!! LOL!!!

rbtemplet, Thanks for your supportive words!!!

Maggie
  • Quote: LOL...I can so see your face and hear that evil laugh coming out of you....lol...You are right too they will NEVER lose that 5lbs...AND you will never gain that 5lbs so you are in great shape!!!

This is a great program, I love it!!....its easy too that is why they say THIS IS YOUR LAST DIET!!!....Trust me I know about the desserts, I am the same way, My mom makes these turtles, pralines and fudge ONLY at Christmas but they will be there next year so it something to look forward too I am happy you did not take what I said wrong, just trying to keep it real ya know?
    Absolutely! I need a kick in the pants from time to time. This is one reason why I love this diet.....Every Thursday morning I have to answer to my coach! Not that she will beat me if I do wrong, but I want to keep losing-I love the praise! I am getting back to my old self!! I can see it! I feel great and I am looking better!! Soon those jeans from 5 years ago will be back on me!!!
  • Quote: JellyMae87, You made me laugh!!! Love the evil laugh!!! LOL!!!

rbtemplet, Thanks for your supportive words!!!

Maggie
    I laughed too!! Funny!!!!
  • Quote: Hi everyone,

Tried to make mashed cauliflowers yesterday and it was pretty good. Used my 1oz milk and added some I can't believe its not butter spray, salt and lots of pepper and it was very good (considering i don't like cauliflowers). But 2 cups raw gave me about 1/2 cup mashed but it was very filling with my 8oz chicken breast (which i cook with chipolte miss dash). I was so pissed cause i cooked also the chicken that i was going to bring to my christmas party tomorrow night and got up this morning to see that i had left my container on the kitchen counter...ugh..so now i have to buy more to make some tonight.

Jelly - Great WI, you're so close to the 100lbs...you are the fastest loser here and am amazed at how you lost basically 100lbs in 20weeks...you know that gives you a 5lbs/week average! Sorry about the family drama..sometimes i'm glad that christmas is just us.

Sandra - You look absolutly gorgeous!

Nothing new to report...will be rushing at work until we finish working tomorrow at 4.
    Did you put any IP chicken soup in it? leganegan gave me a recipe for it that included IP chicken soup...or did you just make it without? I'm going to try it for Christmas dinner.
  • Quote: Did you put any IP chicken soup in it? leganegan gave me a recipe for it that included IP chicken soup...or did you just make it without? I'm going to try it for Christmas dinner.
    No, didn't use any IP chicken soup. Just cauliflower, milk, butter spray, salt and pepper.
  • Quote: No, didn't use any IP chicken soup. Just cauliflower, milk, butter spray, salt and pepper.
    You can use low sodium chicken stock as well - it adds more more liquid and can make them more creamy.
  • Does anyone have specific recipes they can share for Christmas dinner? I was going to cheat (just a little) on Christmas day, but reading everyone's posts is encouraging me to stay OP.