Life in the Lifeboat - 10 days at a time #7

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Happy Birthday Carol!!! I fell in the water last night, a neighbor brought over chesscake.
  • Still rowing. Still dry.
  • I'm dry & loving the feeling. Y'all have a good weekend!
  • Thanks for the birthday wishes Debbie. Better day yesterday - looking for even better today!
  • Happy Birthday GGG!!!

This stupid cold is hanging on with an annoying cough. I am going to bed early to stop the evening munchies and try to boost immune system.

Got 60g of protein in yesterday. Some splashing in the water.

Keeping towels around for all!

Hugs,
    Ratkity
  • Let's just pretend yesterday didn't happen!
  • Another dry, snacks in control, day.
  • I have been so over calories for 3 days and with no exercise thanks to this cold. I need towels, some oars, AND a life preserver...
  • Stranded: Here's some dry soft towels and new oars. Your determination will create your life preserver. Hope today is drier for you.

Scary stuff. I'm still dry and rowing in the sun. It's a great feeling and I'm trying to make it last.
  • Towels needed! I did what I wasn't going to do yesterday - I baked Christmas cookies! And ate some - many .

So scale is at 328.5. Up from my 327.

I am taking part in a challenge and I posted this there -

"Surprisingly this set back is not discouraging me. Usually this is the point where I would say - why bother. But I don't feel that way at all. Somehow I know I am going to do it this time - 10 lbs. at a time!"

I wanted to post this again because there is a part of me that feels this time is so much different - I can do this..............but I do need towels today !
  • Vicki ...... Here you go. Towels fresh from the Lifeboat's dryer. I don't bake and I'm sooo glad because home made cookies, or just the dough, are enough to not have to call the Coast Guard .... They will blow up my boat! Now that they're baked either give them away quickly or put them in a hard to get to place with a note on top. "Do I REALLY need to eat even one of these?" (I'm big on notes!)

I had another good day yesterday. The boat almost tilted but I got it righted in time to stay dry. Phew!
  • Thanks j-ann - luckily I have put the cookies in the freezer. They are to take to my daughters on Christmas Day. The towels feel warm and cozy
  • Thanks Judy! Today is looking drier so far, thank goodness.
  • Ok - I am back at 327! My mini goal was to be at 325 by Christmas - will have to see how that goes! Feeling good.
  • I am in the boat today, but I was drowning this weekend.