IP Pudding.....

• Hi, I'm brand new today. Didn't purchase the shaker. Was wondering if you could make the puddings without it and do the puddings need to set/get cold before you eat them??

Thanks in advance.
  • Quote: Hi, I'm brand new today. Didn't purchase the shaker. Was wondering if you could make the puddings without it and do the puddings need to set/get cold before you eat them??

Thanks in advance.
    You should of gotten a shaker in your starter kit, but you can mix them in a blender or bullet. If you want too you can add 10oz of water with some ice in a blender and make it a shake instead of puddings. I never let my pudding set, I just eat it right after I make it.
  • I would suggest buying the shaker, but you can make them you'll need to whisk the packet and water, try using VERY cold water if not you want to let cool and setup for 15 minutes. However, don't leave in for a long time as the texture gets gross. The advantage of the shaker is that you don't waste/lose pudding by using a whisk. I have a pudding almost every night, routine is to mix, pull the ball out with my spoon, shake to get any extra off, lick the lid (yumm) and then eat right out of the shaker.
  • My center didn't offer a starter kit. I just didn't think to order one. I'm trying the shake. Thank you
  • You can buy shakers other places too, most health food or supplement stores will sell them. I've used a wand mixer for things, but if I'm not trying to make something different and sticking to the standard recipe the shakers are quick and easier to clean. I have two and that lets me use on in the morning, clean and leave it on drying rack and take my 2nd one to work. Welcome aboard and good luck with the IP diet!
  • Quote: You should of gotten a shaker in your starter kit, but you can mix them in a blender or bullet. If you want too you can add 10oz of water with some ice in a blender and make it a shake instead of puddings. I never let my pudding set, I just eat it right after I make it.
    Thanks for the suggestion. The shake was tasty! Hit the spot!
  • Quote: Thanks for the suggestion. The shake was tasty! Hit the spot!
    Awesome, you get more when you make the shake, I always make my puddings into shakes. Add some cinnamon to it.....yummy!!!
  • [Pamelama;4132302]My center didn't offer a starter kit. I just didn't think to order one. I'm trying the shake. Thank you[/QUOTE]

Hi, Pamela, and welcome. A shaker is supposed to be part of your start-up materials. Perhaps you coach was out of them and forgot to tell you or just forgot to give it to you. Regardless, I'd ask. And as YGuy says, it's good to have a second. GMC sells them cheaply. Very best of luck on the program.

Ooops. Forgot something. I, too, like the puddings as a shake but I'm not fond of ice. So I mix the packet with 16 oz of water. Makes a great shake and there go 2 cups of water.
  • GNC sells the exact shaker just in different colors... I got 2 more a pink and a blue one.
  • Great! The GNC is much closer to my house than the center. I'll try and pick up a few today,
  • I make the pudding the night before in the shaker (with the 150 ml water it requires) put in the fridge and have it for breakfast. It's nice and cold and hardened by then. Feels like dessert for breakfast and keeps me full for 3 hrs.
  • I have the puddings every night - love the vanilla flavor. I put in the powder, 5 oz. of water and about 7 ice cubes in the blender to make my shake and then sprinkle on some cinnamon. Yummy!