Wonderslim #6

You're on Page 15 of 19
Go to
  • Thanks, Rose. I have some of the same push and pulls...I am going to list mine and post them to help keep me focused.

Nowisthetime; I remember when my son was small and I constantly finished his plate for him! It's hard to resist sometimes. lol I am using Wonderslim products 4 to 5 times a day and eating a lean and green once a day. So far it's worked out fairly well and I love the forced portion control. I think it will help in the long run.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!
  • Quick welcome to Sara! Glad you've joined us and hope to hear from you often.

Welcome back, ExTex...we've missed you! Glad you're feeling better from that pesky bug.

Everyone else...I'm catch up to you later in the day. I've overslept (ahh!) and I've got to get up and moving. My husband has to go out-of-state for a couple of days for doctor's appts. and I promised I'd send some fresh muffins with him. Gotta get to baking!

Wish I could go with him but there's the puppy (could handle that issue more easily than the second problem...) Mainly I can't go because it's close to a 5 hour trip and my legs and ankles/feet can't handle it right now. It's just a follow-up from an earlier office visit so I'm not too worried about it.

Anyway, got to get clicking so I can keep my promise. Talk to you guys all later...
  • 15 gram protein meals
    Shero: Just remembered I forgot to ask you for the list of the 15 gram protein meals. I would love to have that. I know, when the "acute" phase of this diet is over, I'm going to have to remain on some sort of a higher protein, lower carb maintenance plan to keep from regaining. It's still a long way in the future, but I can start looking at options now.
    Hope you're having a great day and a big ATTAGIRL for resisting the doughnuts in your office.
  • Shero, I would love to see your protein meal list as well.

Toy, I use this system developed at Flylady.com to keep my house clean. I really struggled keeping all my balls in the air when it was just me and the boy with a house, extra curricular activities, grading papers, lesson plans, IEPs, etc. lol You know the "Teacher Drill." Check the site out. It may help.
  • Ugh. I just tried the WS Cheese Steak macaroni...I had to throw it out. Yikes.
  • Just a quick update on day 2, everything is going splendidly. I am following the New Lifestyle Diet plan while using a combo of wonderslim and NLD products. Both products are supposed to be the exact same, but having tried a New Lifestyle Diet chocolate shake for the first time, it actually seems to taste better than the Wonderslim.

It may just be all in my head, so I am going to order a box of the Wonderslim chocolate and do a taste test because they have the exact same ingredients and nutritional info.

In case anyone is curious, they are both made by a company called Robard Corporation and are packaged under several brand names. I would post a link, but I can't quiite yet.
  • Ok-I am claiming my weight lost total for the month today....Couldnt wait any longer. I have lost 15 lbs. I am excited but wish it could have been more. I struggled and hope February is easier. 3#'s and I will be closer to 200 than 300.

I think you can mix and match any program as long as the basis is the same. We need to all find our way to make it through and be as comfortable as possible.

Can't wait for the rest of you to post your monthly loss. I will work on posting the info for the meals later. REKP your soups are on their way-sent them out yesterday.
  • Hello All
    Well I'm new to wonderslim and I saw this blog in Sept and decided to order it. I never started because hadnt felt quite ready. Well . I started 4 days ago because of this blog, back in Sept I read the series of wonderslim threads ..
    I have gained 70...yes....70 pounds in 6 months .so my starting point is 230. My dieting "saga" began as a kid lol. Always a chunk. so my all time highest weight was 280 in 2003. I went on a low fat high fiber diet including about 70 or so grams of protein .I did it. I lost it all and got down to a truly unbelievable weight of 124.For about a week . Then I stayed at 135 for a bit and gained and maintained 160 since 07. But now im back to the drawing board.
    So I'm on it . Im over being depressed about it . Darn it.Im alive. I did gain so much because of an operation and steroids with it .I saw my body bust and outgrow everything I owned.It was rough.But reading this very thread I think I found my solution.I know I can do this .I know we can do this .Ive ate my way through my pain .I dont want to have to go through this any more .Its hard being fat. It hurts.My body cant take this weight any longer.
    Sorry such a dramatic opener ,lol. So what Im doing is 1200-1400 calories a day. Im using wonderslim ,bars ,lean cuisine lol,and a big salad as a meal .Im eating abt 7x a day.Oh and fruit like one a day. I also get 1 serving of milk etc.(cheese) a day.
    Im taking your advice Toy . I will be doing my weigh in on the first too.All of your words have been so uplifting ladies .Thank you all.
    By the way Im a hairdresser so hence the name. God makes al things beautiful in time .
  • sorry for the grammatical errors teach.
  • Welcome Scissorhappy...and especially for that "teach" comment. It made me smile which so far this morning is the first smile I've given my face.

Shero, super happy with your loss! Fifteen pound is a tremendous loss!

I'm in a bit of shock and not the happy kind at all. I just weighed and I only lost 5 pounds this month. I think I'd like to cry but the tears just aren't there. What a time to have dry eyes!

I choose to believe that it's my body playing catch-up with last month's whopping loss but 19 and then only 5? It's a bit of a let down...no, change that...it's a huge let down. However, I'll try to do a Pollyanna and voice that that's 24 in two months and that's not too shabby, I guess.

Rose, I totally forgot about the game, too. Gotta remember to look up the scores when I leave this thread. With my husband on a road trip, I watched Biggest Loser instead of just taping it and totally forgot the game. Now I'm trying to recall whether he asked me to tape it. I sure hope not since I didn't...I do remember a conversation about the game but can't recall what he said about taping it. Yikes...now I'll play Scarlett O'Hara and think about that tomorrow...LOL

Oh well, looks like I didn't lose my sense of humor along with those 5 pounds so that's a positive. I'm just shocked, I guess. I didn't follow the plan as religiously as the first month and I guess the lesson was learned. I know I'm certainly not running to eat something because I feel more than slightly nauseated. Wish I could explain it to myself better...there was the attack of the stale oreos that I ate that stormy night but other than that, I kept the calories within my range.

Now more than ever I'll be interested in what effect exercise has on my losses. I have been on self-imposed back rest several days this last month with my back and my feet/legs. Other than that, I can't even venture a guess. Maybe my fat is checking to see if I'm really serious this time about losing. After all, they've been fooled many times before.

Note to fat cells...sorry but this is a real eviction notice! I'm going to swallow my disappointment but not in a digestive fashion. Right now, I'm going to try to sleep a bit...now that's a real joke...no way on earth I'll be able to sleep with this non-loss bouncing around in my head...but I'll surf the net or something until a more decent time for me to get up. It's not even 5 am and if I get up this early, I may wreck my day's food plan. Today I go back to the eat every 2-3 hours regime. I have slacked off on that aspect of the program because I haven't been hungry that often but maybe that's part of my problem this month.

Grrrr...what I really want is a drink! No, I don't "drink"...what I want is a huge glass of diet Pepsi but I know what that will do. Diet drinks are my trigger and water will become only a bath item. Not going to do it! I haven't had a diet drink (cola...have had Crystal Light lemonade a couple of times) in 2 months and I'm not going to falter on that...I'm just not. I know they are allowed but those are not "kind" to me.

Okay, that month is over. Today begins a new month and (yikes) a shorter one. Back to the basics for me with no tinkering. I always did like even numbers more than odd anyway and this is an "even" month.

Everyone have a good day. I plan to even though I have major housework on the agenda. (PS...ExTex, afraid I'm a FlyLady drop out from way back! Maybe I should start reading the emails again...usually just delete from habit.)
  • Good Morning:
    Welcome Scissorhappy! Glad you joined us. What kind words about us helping to inspire you. Thank you!

Shero: What a great weight loss! Doing a happy dance for you! Thank you for sending the soups. I haven't tried the mushroom one yet and look forward to it especially.

Toy: I'm actually doing a happy dance for you too! 5 pounds is a bag of flour, or a bag of sugar that your body is no longer carrying and won't see again. Keep your mind on the fact you have lost 24 pounds in two months! That's an amazing loss. Your determination will carry you through the rest of this diet. I'll be very interested to know what will happen when you add the water exercise to your plan. You can and will do this. We all can!

Speedofsound: So happy to hear everything is going good for your new eating plan. I really haven't noticed a difference in the taste of the food, but just had to force myself to do the chocolate shakes, so probably would not have noticed the difference in taste. (I had 40+ packages of the chocolate from my first orders in November...told my husband he probably wasn't getting enough protein before he runs, so he has been drinking one as a pre-run snack. He actually likes them!)

ExTex: Bummer that you didn't like the Cheese Steak Macaroni. I actually like all those meals I've tried. I do add hot sauce to almost all of the ones with macaroni. They just remind me of Hamburger Helper type meals and I usually add hot sauce to those too.

There was one big "pull" from my previous weight that I forgot to mention yesterday. I have found this diet to be expensive (especially for a self proclaimed queen of cheap.) I absolutely refuse to waste my money. With the 3 month package of food I ordered the end of December, I have $1115 invested. So far with 47 pounds lost...it is $23.72 a pound. I have to get that number per pound way down to make myself happy When I gave my husband the number he said "If someone offered to make 50 pounds drop off you for 1100 dollars would you say yes?" OK>>>heck yes! I would have handed them a check and be a shadow of my former self right now. I realized it's essentially the same, I just have to work at it and it is going to take some time. We can all do this!

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day
  • Im struggling again I keep wrestling with the question, which will i lose more on and will i mess up wonderslim and the 250 bucks i spent using them as "snacks" in an atkins diet...will they conflict? will i lose more doing JUST wonderslim or JUST atkins??? I feel like i NEED to chew my food, but i can do anything for a month. Any of you fold done both and opted for WS exclusively, if so ,why?
  • i dont know u ladies seem to be doing great, i ate broc and cheese soup last night and felt so guilty tho it was only 200 calories and 20 carbs, i dont wanna feel bad over that! BUT i dont wanna be 100 pounds overweight too. waaaah
  • Thanks for the warm welcome guys! :-) And thank you for the compliment on my photo. I used to model before I blew up like a balloon haha...I'm a ham for the camera when I'm confident about how I look. Needless to say that photo was about 50 lbs ago -_-. But soon I'll be back to my skinny self so no worries. :-D

Does anyone that's on Wonderslim have thyroid disease of any kind? I have Hashimoto's Thyroiditis and I'm wondering how I'll do on this. I know I can still lose, it's just harder to accomplish. It would be encouraging to know if any of you guys have a similar condition that fights against weight loss.
  • Quote: I absolutely refuse to waste my money. With the 3 month package of food I ordered the end of December, I have $1115 invested. So far with 47 pounds lost...it is $23.72 a pound. I have to get that number per pound way down to make myself happy When I gave my husband the number he said "If someone offered to make 50 pounds drop off you for 1100 dollars would you say yes?" OK>>>heck yes! I would have handed them a check and be a shadow of my former self right now. I realized it's essentially the same, I just have to work at it and it is going to take some time. We can all do this!

Hope everyone has a great, on plan, day
    Your husband is absolutely right! I had this same conversation at work and everyone agreed that they would pay $5000-$10000 right then to make the weight disappear.