No carbs or sugar

• Hi 3fcd people!

I am very new to this site and just started dieting this week. I have decided to cut out carbs and sugar in my diet and to limit my intake to lean protein, low fat dairy, lots of veggies, and limited use of butter/oil. Very similar to the South Beach diet. I currently weight 180 and hope to get to 150 some day. Has anyone had success or tips with the South Beach diet? This seems like an amazing community and I am excited to of found it.
  • Do you mean starchy carbs, ie. potatos, rice etc? Because of course carbs are essential (and veggies are just fine if that's what you choose!).

Have you seen the South Beach forum here? There are many girls doing it, I'm sure they can give you more tips.
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/
  • Do eat some "good" healthy carbs, and be sure to get some fat daily, even a teaspoon or two, or from some nuts or avocado or seeds, etc. b/c your body does need it to keep your processes functioning. Good luck on your journey.
  • Yes, as mentioned - vegetables are carbs, so please don't eliminate them from your food intake.
  • For the record what you are describing is only weeks 1 & 2 of the SouthBeach diet - after that you are supposed (by SBD guidelines) to add back in controlled amounts of fruit, sweet potatoes and whole grains.
  • Thank you! Yes I am still eating veggies and low carb foods but no fruit or simple carbs for a while.