Silly Mini Goal accomplished

• I know that six pounds is nothing compared to what some have done, but my first mini goal was five pounds. Considering that when I started, I needed to lose 85lbs, in order to not lose gumption over such a daunting prospect, I gave myself five pound mini goals. I am happy to have lost six pounds. I'm going to keep going so I hit ten.

Yay
  • Congratulations!! i was so excited when i lost my first 5 pounds and also thought maybe it was "silly" to celebrate... Now I can say, definitely not silly! very motivating!
  • Not silly at all, it's the beginning of an exciting journey! Congrats on a great start!
  • From someone who has been trying to get past the bottom of my "normal zone" since February....congratulations!!! The first five seems to be so very hard to lose (for me, anyhow).
  • Thank. I don't feel so silly now.
  • Well done! That's a great achievement!
  • Definitely a great achievement! To get the motivation to finally make a change and see your first earned results? Celebrate it! I know I will. Keep it up
  • RXAsh1 omg! that is an enormous accomplishment!!
    i remember when i lost 1lb i posted a mini goal lol! Your on your way keep it up lovely!
  • Silly??? That's not silly at all! 6lb means that you stuck with it long enough to lose 6lb and that is an accomplishment in itself! Well done!!!!
  • Not silly at all! 6 lbs is a lot. google "6 pounds of fat" and look at the pictures...its a big chunk. And that's no longer on your body!!!

GO YOU!
  • It's not silly and we all need to congratulate ourselves on what we are doing every day KEEP IT UP
  • not silly!!

1 lb is 3,500 cals.

3,500 x 6 is 21,000 calories. you did something right to burn at extra 21,000 calories!!

well done!!
  • Congarats!! Breaking your weight loss goals down into manageable bites makes it much more do-able vs. always looking at the big picture, which can just be daunting and sometimes discouraging. Keep up the great work!
  • You are doing great! Congratulations!