I'm an emotional eater - Today I faced my emotions

• I eat when I'm sad - I eat when I'm upset - I eat when I'm frustrated - I eat when I'm lonely

Today I did not eat to deal with my emotions. Instead I learned to face my emotions. I just wanted to share with you all. This was a big deal for me. I even left home and wanted to buy something to eat. Instead, I drove back home instead and I just cried. I realize it's okay to cry and it's okay to feel bad and food is not going to make me feel better.
  • I know what an accomplishment that is. Nice going!
  • Sorry you had such a rough day! Way to stay strong against your food demons.
  • Good job facing your emotions and resisting the urge to eat.
  • Quote: I know what an accomplishment that is. Nice going!
    soooo agree with this.
  • I would say good job although that sounds kind of weird in a comment to a post that is about you crying. But it really is a great thing to face your emotions and allow yourself to feel them, and not try to stuff them back inside with food.

It really is a great accomplishment and is going to be a key factor in a successful weight loss journey.
  • It's absolutely wonderful that you have made this connection and were able to follow through on not turning to food. I hope things get better for you and you're right, emotional eating only makes things worse.
  • Awesome.
  • Amazing! Admitting your relationship with food and overcoming, even once!, is an awesome accomplishment. I hope you continue to find support and strength in 3FC.
  • yeah, you! you know, it's a great way to really understand that it will pass, and you can handle it. and if it's something that you need help handling, support with, then you can do that too.
  • thanks everyone. i'm feeling much better!

I think it has just been tough getting back on track. I need to just stick through this and be strong and focus on staying on track with my weight loss and that I don't need to feel so bad for messing up sometimes.