Hawt-est Biker Chicks (and Dudes)

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Oh, how I wish I could breathe! I'm not asking for a lot... I'm all sorts of messed up in the nose, head, chest!!

Snowing here. It's pretty. I wish it could snow everywhere but on the roads, sidewalks and driveways!! That's 2 wishes used up.

If my genie would show up and grant me a 3rd wish, I think I'd be real selfish and want to be skinny! Wait, skinny, on a beach, on a free vacation, with frosty umbrella type drink! That should do it!

I bet I'm gonna have to go back to #1--just wishing I could breathe again! Just went to get some drugs. Everyone must be in the same boat as I am. The selection was minimal!

I started a class for getting my real estate license. I paid $500 bucks for the stuff, and I hate it! It is SO boring. I just can't get into it. I thought it would be a good thing to get my license, to allow a few more opportunities when I go jobless. I can take tough learning material--but boring drives me NUTS! I'll have to get it another shot.
  • It is a slow nite here at work. My eyes are seeing everything blurry right now & its only 1am. Its gonna be a LONG nite.

On a good note I am excited I booked a hotel yesterday for our mini vacation. I figure this month will go by slow since it is at the end of the month. I sure hope I dont get the nasty flu bug that has been hitting the people during days. they are out for several days. My luck is Ill get it right before leaving for Vacation out DS & I dont plan on doing much much the most will be maybe touring a brewery & hitting the Mall in Milwaukee other then that we plan on staying at hotel in the hot tub or bar area. In WI he can drink as long as I am with him (unless the place does not feel comfortable with it then they can say no) If thats the case then I will take it to the room & we'll sit there. He says he wants to drink this weekend but he could change his mind when the time comes. He has done that before.

It might sound like I encourage him to drink but I dont. I am lient on it as long as he does it with me. I wont condone it if he is at a friends. This way I know he is fine. At Halloween we had a party & he had too much to drink it was a very good learning experience for him. When we went to Mexico he knew what his limits were now that he had met them & found out that it doesnt feel good the next day. I wanted that to happen with me & not when he was out somewhere, it could have ended very badly.

On Tuesday DH & I will be going to the court house to file the papers together. Then in about 3 months our divorce should be final. Him & DS are getting along much better too. I wish they could have had this relationship before. But then same for DH & I. I think alot of it is that we do not have the stress of trying to make it work. Last month he did ask me to stay married for this entire yr for tax purposes but I dont want to stay married for any other reason then making the marrage work & its sad but I am past that point. Yes it is much harder on my own but I am enjoying life more tthen when we were together. I just need to get friends to understand that it is not as hard on me as they think it is.

I have not dared step on the scale this entire week as I am affraid to see what it says. I have not been eating well at all & think I notice my pants fitting a little snugger then before
  • Dawn, Good for you! So happy you have booked yourself and DS a little time away! I do hope that the "papers" that you need to file all go through the system as planned, without any arguements.

Mom had her heart surgery today. Kind of. It's over, and she's fine and on her way home already, but the operation was NOT a success. Arteries too built up with plaque. There may be some other more invasive options that she will have to resort to.

DH and I are jumping on that weightloss Band Wagon again! My co-worker was very surprised to see that my morning snack was an ORANGE! Not an orange donut--just a plain ol' piece of fruit! I was quite impressed with myself as well! It about did me in when I went to the Doc. and they weighed me!!! OMG!! My scale must have a weight limit, that I have long passed. I didn't realized how bad I've been! Tonight I'm taking chicken soup to Mom at her house. She needs to rest.
  • Hey chicks Colleen, best wishes to your mom, sorry that the issue was not solved even through the surgery. And I hope you're breathing better!

Dawn, your vacay with your DS sounds great. And congrats on the move you have taken with your life, we're glad that you are happier now

A big fat 0 degrees here, brrr!!but it's sunny.

My car - lower control arm broke in half. But it's covered by an open recall by Subaru. So we will be reimbursed for parts...it will be a $1000 saving at least

I did good last night!! Brought home Oreos and ginger cookies, to dip/drizzle in white chocolate for my contribution to our Town Meeting Day lunch. And only ate 30 calories' worth of ginger cookies, and threw out the remaining melted chocolate
  • Hey gals and guys.

My ride was wonderful. I ended up doing a "late 80s early 90s" or an old man ponty tail.... you know the one that has 150 tiny rubber bands, Lol? It held pretty well and was not too bad under my helmet. I don't always ride with a helmet, but I have not been on Ms. Dyna much, so I figure any measure of safety was good. I am sending "the end of winter weather wishes" to you all.

Colleen, I am glad your mom made it through,I hope if she has any more procedures it will be a huge success. As far as your real estate class.... I can TOTALLY relate. Here is where I am.... I am a certified medical coder.... but it bores me to tears lately. I make about 7k more a year coding than I will as a cop..... but the thought of coding for the rest of my life is not a good thought for me..... HOWEVER, I am struggling really hard with the physical....I am 38 and never had the need for push ups.... now I NEED 12 in a minute. Lol. My DH is very supportive.... I am not sure if I told you or not but he has been on the bandwagon of dieting since the last of Sept. He is 85+ lighter..... so he does go to the gym with me..... and supports me. It helps with BOTH of us doing it.
    Congrats on being back on the wagon.... the first really is the hardest... well and the last 10. lol. Have you ever taken a "diet profile". I know you say how much you like carbs..... but maybe taking a diet profile like on WebMD would help you know what types of food will help you stay fuller longer. For example.... I CANNOT eat just oatmeal for breakfast.... I love it... but 1.5 hours later I am chewing down the walls. I have to mix it with some type of protein or just eat something else. So, for me.... I can't eat just carbs-- I have to eat it with some protein. I heard a diet person say "never eat carbs naked"..... not without clothing, but never eat them alone b/c your body goes right through them.
    Sorry about the diet ramble...... y'all know by now I am a book nerd....

Dawn, congrats on booking the vacation.

Reda, you must be soooo busy.

Holly, I am with you on the motivation.... I know what I need to do for the physical..... but it is so dang hard. My DH told me just a little bit ago instead of cleaning the bedroom (which stuff just mysterisouly ends up on the dressers) to go to the gym..... I sure would like to get the dresser cleaned.... but I need to go to the gym since we paid the $.
    I am glad your car will be covererd by the recall.
    I am glad I don't live closer to you though... I would NEVER get this weight off..... you cook so many good things. Lol. You should be proud of your weight b/c most ppl that deal with food as much as you do would be as big as the barn and you are NOT.

I need to go to the gym.... but I am going to leave you with a funny shirt story I found yesterday. I want to be burried in this shirt.....

So, yesterday I went to the doctors office to work.... they are gonna "let me off" a coulple weeks so I can concentrate on my push ups.... instead of letting me be "done".... anyway.....I like to go to clothing stores in visiting towns just to see what they have. I found a shirt that I LOVED, but I did not get it at first.... I was in my trailblazer leaving and decided I HAD to have the shirt.... even though both of my boys have left home..... but I got it... it says...
    "I smile because I am your MOMMA...... I laugh cause there is 'nuttin you can do about it".

That is my new motto..... as my DS goes over to the neighbors and will not come see me unless he wants money......

I have to go....
  • Okay...I had poured my heart and soul into a massive post to each of you. I pushed SUBMIT, and the server was DOWN! Seriously! I hate it when that happens! Gone! I had high hopes that it went through and would show up now when I came back. Nope.

In that note I addressed Holly, your car--scary, but good about the $. Tammy, I asked about your Ms Dyna ride, but you've already told us. And funny T-shirt too! Reda, how busy you must be. Dawn, Aaron and Wyo--I asked about you too.

This afternoon I have munched down an entire bag of mini carrots! Tomorrow I will probably be so orange I'll look like an Oompa Loompa.

I haven't ever taken a diet profile. Actually I never knew of such a thing! I had better check on that!

Hope you are all having the BEAUTIFUL weather that we are in SW WI!
  • I don't know what a diet profile is, either! But Colleen, YAY to you for your carrot munching

Tammy - OMG at your DH's weight loss efforts!!! I am so happy for him..and you I wish so much my DH would make an effort. I asked about his treadmill? (the one he set up in his office) and he was curt with his answer.."No'.
    I love your tee shirt!

Hey Reda! we miss you but know you must be having fun.

Aaron how are you doing?

my car saga continues. My local mechanic reluctantly refused the work, and said it was better to have authorized Subie guys deal with it.

So I contacted Subaru and they were very concerned ("were you hurt when the car went off the road") and said that Subaru would pay to have the car towed to their place; would give me a loaner car for free; and would see what's up with the car..I know parts will be covered, but I am hoping labor is too. We'll see. The free loaner car is a white Dodge Avenger...NOT the typical Vermonter winter car but I am stylin in it, baby!

I am still doing good on South Beach. I don't think my cravings or hunger for bread or carby sweet things will ever go away. But they must be less because of how I'm usually able to resist. I had that dark chocolate (turns out it was 'only' 3.5 ounces, lol, not 4 ounces) last Friday; last night I had about 8 fritos and two 55-calories beers, the only transgressions.

today was freakishly warm for us..mid 50's! then some rain now, and tomorrow back to 30. But long range shows 50's for many days next week. Today I shoveled as much snow away from the front of the garage to facilitate melting, and getting the bikes at least out so we can say hey to them
  • Hello Girls and Aaron

Well sorry been MIA for no real dam good reason except for been real busy with work and life in general!!! Haven't been on computer much at all- been working on adding bling to my bike instead of getting on computer - It is going to be so cool when I have it done- hopefully get through this week then I will work on parts that I can't take off the bike and bring inside

Tammy that is awesome news about DH down 85+ and that you are still working towards your goal and boy is it fast approaching.....
    LOVE the shirt!!!!!
    Oh and as for hair I wear my bandanas and usually put in pigtail braids

Holly wow what a deal about the car hopefully it won't cost you a darn thing, and way to go with continuing your weightloss efforts and suceeding - I have not been following any plan and haven't been back to gym in over a month but tomorrow I am back on track going to start going back to the gym faithfully- got on the scale tomorrow and actually have lost .5 pounds can't believe it because I have been eating crap .....

Colleen glad to hear your mom went through surgery ok, hopefully they will find some other way to help her out. Hope you get your weekend getaway in real soon

Dawn glad to hear you also have a weekend getaway planned as well and that everyone is getting along- and yes there are lots of ugly bugs going around - my DS was home sick Thursday and Friday last week, hopefully we don't get it before leaving on Thursday

I did get to do some riding last week as well - we hit 70 and we are suppose to hit 70 one day again this week - can't wait
    this weekend is suppose to be really nice to but we are heading to Deadwood for St Patty's Day weekend leaving Thursday and won't come home till Sunday so of course won't be OP but I will get some walking in to make up for the exercise that I will miss at the gym!

Well girls I will try to do some more checking in again but the next couple of nights might not be so good

HI Aaron
  • Hi Reda!! Oh that is so kewl that you have been out on your bike, 70 degrees, bliss!! and what kind of goodies are you getting for your bike?

Hey to Tammy, Colleen, Dawn and Aaron!

we're getting some warmer temperatures (50's) which will help with melting. It's pretty early for us, but I'll take it! even with the mud, deep puddles, black snow, stuff emerging from the hidden snow..ugh

Oh here is a link for a cute product, a local young woman who coaches at the MMSC (Mount Mansfield Ski/Snowboard Club) makes these, I got one for free (my boss' wife gave me one) I chose the pink and it's gonna look so awesome when I ride my bike in chilly temps (which is every morning in Vermont, lol) the inside is soft fleece. $20 each.

http://www.wix.com/jeckiesstowe/sparkle#!products

I had an OFF program day on Saturday, 2 big cookies and some ice cream. Back on track yesterday and today. I won't beat myself up, lol.

Just about one month until the store closes for their vacation, about 10 days off, woohoo! Then I might work for them one more week, then I go to the summer job
  • Morning everyone!

Colleen, LOL on the ..... but sersiously.... you are doing it girl! Hang in there! We all fall off, but just keep getting back on.... that is the key. I hope your mom is still doing well.

Holly, I am glad it is getting close to your summer job..... and a few days off. It seems like your sweets have cut dramatically..... everyone needs a little carby stuff now and then.
    I hope your car repair goes SMOOTH..... you need it. Seems like you have had some sort of vehicle issues off and on for a bit.

Reda, good to hear from you! I understand the whole life thing keeping you away from the computer..... with me.... no matter how much I wanted to talk with you all.... sleep always won. Lol.

Aaron, Wyo, and Dawn... hope you are doing well.

I am still pushing toward my goal...... Time is NOT on my side.... but I am not quitting. I have a little over 4 weeks now.... One thing that helps me is now that we are full staffed in dispatch we get to "ride" with an officer about once a month (which we should have been able to do all along).... but I LOVE IT! My ride time was Thursday.... so I suited up in my vest and all and hit the roads with an officer. I was supposed to ride with a county officer but he got sick and I ended up riding with the same officer I rode with before... it was good though. We had a rollover accident and ended up taking someone to jail after they left a club and pulled out in front of us........ I love riding with the city.... that is why I am focusing so hard on testing with them. It is not a "big" city... only 60k ppl.... but it is a good mix of stuff to do. Even though I am married to an officer... it is different b/c he is in our small county..... and our city officers are compeltely different.... (I don't ride with my DH unless we are going to a parade). I KNOW this is what I want to do.... I just have to convince my 38.5 year old arms that they should pass the push up portion of the physical to get me there.

I have rambled enough. I need to get busy. I hope everyone has a good day. I am going for a run.... then weights. Y'all have a good day.
  • Hello

Well I did get my butt out of bed this morning and went to the gym- I have ate OP all day so far and plan on keeping it that way!!!!

Neck Gators love them - I use them more when we snowmobile ride then I do riding motorcycles but I do use them for both

Well just had a couple minutes but off I go
  • Just a quick good morning and WTG to Reda for the gym and being OP...and Tammy, you will make your arms do what they need in the next 4 weeks
  • Good Morning- well just getting home from gym - Day 2 now just to stay OP today as well I am on my way!!!!

Have a Great Day All- Oh by the way we are suppose to be in the 70's with nothing but sunshine you know what that means-
  • Work has now blocked 3FC!! Darn! I hate that plan!

Cookies are not on my "plan" but my coworker makes the best ones, and SHARES! Who in their right mind wouldn't try to fit them in? Cookies, salad for lunch, and green bean/mushroom combo for supper! I'm not down to my beginning weight from when I started 3FC yet...but I'm getting closer!

Took a little cycle ride on Sunday. Hoping for no rain this weekend for more riding time.
  • Hey Reda, congrats on your days already OP!!

and Yay to Colleen for staying the course too!

Hi Tammy, Dawn, Aaron and Wyo!

Well either today (or more probably tomorrow) I will join you lucky chicks (and maybe Aaron too) in getting a ride!!! yesterday older son chopped all the ice in front of the garage and got our bikes free!!! mine is sitting out on the driveway just waiting for me