Canned Fish - acceptable for Phase 1?

• I've tried searching the "stickies" but nothing came up

I'd like to know whether canned salmon, crab & shrimp is acceptable in phase 1. I'm getting bored with my chicken and beef at supper and would like to switch is up a bit. I understand that we can eat fresh fish although that doesn't work for me as I can't cook seafood in the house due to allergies.

If canned versions are acceptable what would be considered the 8oz that is required? I'm thinking one can but would like to verify

Any input would be appreciated.
    I didn't mention tuna although I know others who eat that, I just don't like tuna
  • I don't know about the other "canned" seafood besides tuna. Look at the preservatives that are in them. Read your label carefully!
  • Does it have to be canned? If so as Wuv says you need to watch the ingredients, compare fresh to canned to see how they "stack up"

You can have other fish, but Salmon is once a week if it's wild, but my coach said regardless once a week. I get the Salmon patties at Costco and have those once a week... tonight in fact.
  • Quote: Does it have to be canned? If so as Wuv says you need to watch the ingredients, compare fresh to canned to see how they "stack up"
    As I can't cook it in the house it seems as though canned is the only way to go. I looked at some of the ingredients after wuv's post and noticed that the crab I have actually has sugar! The salmon is only wild salmon and water.
    Course still confused as to what is considered a supper serving
  • Quote: As I can't cook it in the house it seems as though canned is the only way to go. I looked at some of the ingredients after wuv's post and noticed that the crab I have actually has sugar! The salmon is only wild salmon and water.
    Course still confused as to what is considered a supper serving
    8oz is considered a supper serving at least 6oz would be ok