Need Prayers and Support

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Today is my second day and it has been tough. I had to give up Diet Coke before starting the diet and had terribly headaches from that so I have had a headache from last Wednesday until now. I am hoping that it really does get easier after the next few days. I have tried the salt thing and my coach said I am not drinking enough water. I am certain she is wrong because I have been drinking water almost nonstop. I am really grateful for the information on these posts though. It is so wonderful to see all of the support and kindness provided here.
  • Best decision you will ever make for yourself! And we are all here to support one another through the journey. I plan to be on this site for years to come! You will feel amazing. And so proud of yourself for the will power and discipline. Definitely read the PDF book all about Ideal Protein. It's a great read and really helps you understand your body and how great this plan is for you inside and out!
  • Quote: Today is my second day and it has been tough. I had to give up Diet Coke before starting the diet and had terribly headaches from that so I have had a headache from last Wednesday until now. I am hoping that it really does get easier after the next few days. I have tried the salt thing and my coach said I am not drinking enough water. I am certain she is wrong because I have been drinking water almost nonstop. I am really grateful for the information on these posts though. It is so wonderful to see all of the support and kindness provided here.
    How much water are you drinking?
  • Quote: The best advice anyone gave me before I started is "don't cheat". You need to stay in ketosis. It isn't like other diets where you may be able to sneak in something you really aren't supposed to have here and there without it really mattering on the scale, but with IP you won't stay in ketosis and it kind of defeats the whole purpose of doing it.

Fortunately there is wonderful support here and we are all in the same boat, so you will have all the help you need!!
    Good luck- you can do it!
    That is so true about not sneaking things in. Once you get through the first few days and your body is detoxed you are not hungry. But if you sneak in "treats" it sets up cravings and you are back at square one.
    The other thing is don't expect to lose large amounts every week. The body fluctuates and some weeks are lower than others but those are the weeks it seems your clothes are getting bigger.
    I am sure you will be very pleased with this plan.
  • I drink 5 16 oz bottles of water and about 16 oz of "lemonade". Basically the lemonade is water, ice and lemon, no sweetner. I don't drink tea or coffee so I am quite limited on what to drink but I don't mind drinking all of the water. That has to be enough though, right?

Thanks for all the support!
  • Quote: I drink 5 16 oz bottles of water and about 16 oz of "lemonade". Basically the lemonade is water, ice and lemon, no sweetner. I don't drink tea or coffee so I am quite limited on what to drink but I don't mind drinking all of the water. That has to be enough though, right?

Thanks for all the support!
    The Minimum is 64oz and you are getting 80 that is more than minimum but I would up my water to at least 100-120oz a day. I drink 3-4liters of water or tea a day. The more water you drink seems to help flush out your system.
  • I drank more water today and I think it helped. Also, whoever came up with turnip fries, I love you!
  • Water Calculator
    I found this calculator that can guide you on what to aim for water intake. Depending on weight and body type, climate, work all affects how much water you should shoot for.

http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...calculator.htm

hope this helps someone.
  • It is rough in the beginning for sure, but hang in there. It will be so worth it once you get through withdrawals. I also had a horrible headache for a couple of days. Unfortunately the salt in my palm thing did nothing for me and I ended up on Advil. Hopefully by day 3 or 4 you will start to feel better. I started on a Friday so I could get through the "carb flu" over the weekend.
  • Quote: Good Morning,
    I have been reading all the posts regarding the IPD and have decieded that I am going to give this a try. I am going to do the alternative. I have started it this morning, and I really need all the prayers and support that I can get to get me thru this. I have tried so many "diets", and I did lose 50 pds on LAWL but I stooped it and went back to eating like I used to and then gained it all back and then some. I am praying that I will beable to do this. Any advice would be greatly apprechiated.
    You must believe in yourself, and taking the step to lose the weight means you do! If you didn't you would just sit back and do NOTHING!!! You can do it!!! XXXOOO
  • I keep reading posts everyday and that's what keeps me going. To see everyone elses success stories, it keeps me motivated and it makes me want to be another success story!!! Everyone can do it, Just stay focused and DON'T CHEAT and don't let anyone tell you, just a little bit of this or that will hurt you cause it will. BE STRONG!!!!