NSV: Great checkup, and statin dose reduction

• In the past week, both hubby and I had great news at out doctor's appointment. My husband was able to get his A1C (a long-term blood sugar test) under 7 for the first time since diagnosis, and reduce his doctor's appointments from 4x per year to 3x.

I was able to get my simvastatin dose cut in half (and perhaps can get my blood pressure meds reduced at the next visit in 4 months).

All our bloodwork and health indicators have been improving with each visit, but the change has been fairly gradual. This time the differences were dramatic enough that instead of just mild encouragement, our doctor "whatever you're doing, keep doing it!"

The only caution he gave us was to be careful with exercise. He warned my husband specifically, because he has a degenerative joint disorder that makes him extremely prone to serious injury, and he warned both of us generically that even minor injuries can easily become demotivating, so to focus on steady progress rather than rapid progress.

It was a great check up.
  • That is absolutely wonderful! Congrats, Kaplods. You have worked hard for this amazing news, so revel in it and celebrate!
  • Yay kaplods! Good job!
  • Great news, Kaplods!

Enjoy the doc's praise - it seems a little sweeter when it's coming from a medical professional, yes?

Good for you and your hubby!
  • Wow, that's terrific! Great news! Congratulations!!!

I love your doctor's attitude. And I'm glad that he understands your limitations and isn't trying to push you to overdo it. In fact he knows that it is important that you do not over stress yourself. I know that you are well aware of your health issues, but even so you have been tempted to push yourself too far in the past *cough* sweatshirt *cough*.
  • Congratulations to you both!
  • Wonderful news kap! Bravo to both of ya.
  • I love it! Happy news from doctors is an enormous victory!

Glad to hear you and your husband are doing so well