#269 Bale of Turtles Making the Effort!

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Yes, Taylor. So glad you listened to the "Step away from the red velvet cake." and didn't buy it.
    Good luck with the surgeries for you and dh.
    Judy
  • Hey All TGI Thursday!

Still walking in the am, food so so, some days good, some days bad!!!! Might look into a different plan need a boost to get motivated again, what I am doing insn't working. I seem to be able to get the exercise but the eating is not falling into place!!!! Help! Glad you gals are doing great, keepin at it!
    Must get out of my funk, my boss does low carb and it works for her, not sure it is for me but maybe should give it a go. Will think about it.

Off to hit the pavement!
    Terri
  • Hey everyone and a very happy Thursday to you all! Another seriously busy day for me here but I wanted to say hello.

I went to do my paper work for my securtiy clearance and background check yesterday, took me three hours to fill it all out... jeez! But it is done now I wait. They pushed the start date up to 11/28 but I can still be home to spend next week with my mom and that is what I really wanted the most. She wants to do some errands and shopping down here in Indy while she is here and I know that will bring her joy so I am thrilled to be able to have the time to devote to her and what will make her happy while she is here. I am looking forward to "pal-ing" around with her so it will be a fun week and since there are only 6 of us for a very informal Thanskgiving holiday this year we are looking to have a great and relaxing week together.

The scale is up by a couple of pounds right now but with TOM I guess that is to be expected, but it is never fun to see the scale go up so with the upcoming holiday I need to get my butt in gear somehow to get it moving downward.

I will pop back on later to get some more posting done since I see lots of stuff going on with everyone! Have a great day all and take care of yourselves during these very busy days!
  • Hi Turtles,
    Terri, I believe it's a good thing to switch up eating plans when one isn't working. Here in the states people seem to have good luck with the South Beach diet. It's wonderful to get your exercise in and I know the frustration of doing one thing great and letting the food drag behind. : and to find the thing that works! Whatever you do, stay here and post!!!!

Princess, wow, the job moving closer is something, but you're able to work it out which is great. Have fun with your mom. It's lovely to have her here with you. Informal Thanksgiving sounds great!

Yesterday was another good day for me. I didn't get in my , so I must do that today because it makes a difference. I did get a minor change in my menu since one of the foods was difficult for me to digest. Instead of an energy bar, they suggested eggwhites or 2oz. turkey breast which is great. I'm not a big fan of processed foods and although they are helping me to lose weight, I prefer whole foods. Okay, enough about me. I need to get some more housework done. May tackle measuring windows to buy some room darkening shades. I've put that off way too long. Thanks Bandit for the inspiration!

Judy
    234.6/183.4/179 and thinner at 179# I'll be halfway to my new goal.
    Then I'll reassess. I want this gone!!!!!
  • Morning, ladies

Judy - congrats on the weight loss and planning ahead for your exercise.
    I know if you keep your goal in mind, you can do it!

Taylor - keeping up with all those appointments should be counted as activity points, going here & there. I nice job on staying away from those cupcakes. I seen those in summer and they were 500 calories/EACH - couldn't believe it for 1 cupcake (although they were large) But good for you for passing it up! Good luck with all your stuff.

Still chugging along focussing on staying on plan, exercising and keeping goals in mind (thanks Judy) Have my weigh in tonight, and should be down abit, although sometimes the scale doesn't co-operate as we all know.

Sunny day but getting colder - can't believe it is almost snow season again.

Have a terrific Thursday!
  • Well turtles.......it is another day
    I've totally fallen off the wagon with my eating...I'm still exercising, but just haven't done well in the eating dept. since before Halloween Hopefully I can pick myself up and dust off and start over....I've got to! Thankfully I've maintained all this time, but I would really hate for the scale to start moving in the wrong direction!!!
    \
    Terri-I've done low carb and it was awesome! I lost about 45 pounds between baby #3 and baby #4...now I'm trying to get rid of #4's weight....

Princess-hope you gave a great time with your mom!!

bandit-good luck at your weigh in tonight!!

Taylor-I'm so proud of you!!!! How's the c25k going??? That's a great start...just keep moving...praying for you and your dh
  • Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you! W/I was not as bad as I thought but I was up 1 lb so will need to really focus on the upcoming holiday and how best to handle it to make sure that I am successful thru the next week.

I have to fly but will come back later to get my updates done. Have a great day!
  • Lots2go,
    Here's : for you! You can do this.

Princess, up 1# isn't what we want, but I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it would be.

I'm up this morning and this is our WI Friday. See you all over there!
    Judy
  • Morning, turtles

Lots - great you maintained during that time and hoping you are back on track.

Princess - hang in there, next week will be better.

Judy - here's to another day, lets stay OP

At weigh in I was down 1.25# & was hoping for more, but will take it for sure.
    But you know when you have those weeks where you get in your exercise and totally stay on track, you just think I would be more. Oh well, off to another week & here we go again with the weekend challenge.
    Nothing really planned - some of my gfs are going to Indian place tonight since they cancelled Tues so I may end up there. And my painters are now suppose to come either this afternoon or tomorrow instead of this a.m.
    I like things planned out and when things get all changed it bugs me to some extent.

Anyway, gives me more time to prep for them and get some raking done.
    No shortage of that.

Have a great weekend.
  • BAndit, it's so wacky!!!!! How many times have we stepped on a scale and lost a pound and known we didn't have a perfect week? Those are the good times. But what you went through and your loss isn't that much fun. Here's : to keep on keepin' on because the weight you were expecting beyond the 1.25# will come off this week as long as you keep the exercise and OP foods working. I'm sorry you didn't have the weight loss you deserved, but it's in the right direction and any loss is a win!! :balloon:
    :

We're all doing this. I binged last night on cauliflower soup. Yep, you read that right------cauliflower soup. I must be a weirdo. In any case, I"ve got to tighten up how I'm eating so I don't give back any of the weight I lost this week.

Best to everyone!!!!!
    Judy
  • Good morning Ladies,

just catching up on posts... wow everyone is just go go go LOL

Princess- fantastic news about the job and that's wonderful that you still will be able to spend time with your Mom...up 1 and being TOM is awesome as I can sometimes easily go up 3 or more...

Banditt - ohhh myyy gosh ... 500 for one cupcake.. that is shocking!! totally makes them unappealing now.. LOL... great job staying focused and I hope your w/i reflected it...

Itryharder - it does work well when we mix things up.. I heard somewhere that our bodies learn to recognize the calorie content and work less hard at breaking it down when it's always the same.. I hope you were able to find some shades!

hi Terri - awesome job at getting the exercise in and I hope you figure out what you works for you..

lots2go - sometimes maintaining is where we need to be until we can just get into our groove again.. one day at a time right .. YOU CAN DO THIS!! I am a Mom of 4 and I totally understand how chaotic and busy those days can be.. I remember just being thankful to make it thru the day with my hair combed LOL ( mine are older now)... thank you for the kind words about myself and my dh .. have you done your race yet?

well yesterday I got my surgery date.. end of February and I am really comfortable and happy with the surgeon I met... I loved when he said you're still young and in great health so I have a feeling you will respond well to recovery ( I actually had him repeat that just so I could hear the in great health part ) LOL.. I am hoping to lose another 10 pounds before I go in and that should put me in a comfortable range... I have finished week 1 of the c25k and don't laugh but I do the "Rocky" dance every time I finish.. so far not to bad ( still not loving the running - I keep thinking of you lots2go ) but maybe somewhere I will have that OHHHHH moment LOL... but I will continue as it is a new challenge for me.. my ds got great news last night from his DR appt .. everything is looking good - as a Mom those are music to your ears..

okay I have a new batch of ww choco muffins in the oven then I am off to work.. it is sunny but cold... workout is already done and I've cried my eyes out watching Regis's last day .. HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!!!
  • Today has been a bad day eating wise. So I took my test I think I did well. The only little snag is my recommendations are not in yet Even thoug h I asked months ago. So I need to get those in by December 1st. So of course my anxiety level went up and so did my eating. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Taylorsjourney why are you having surgery?

Hope everyone is well.

Quick question is anyone a member online because I can't get into the recipes on the website and it is starting to get anhoying. Nevermind the recipes are back. Wonder when that happened.
  • Hey everyone, my day is already in high gear so I need to just say a quick hello and get back online later on today to get some long-overdue postings done... so much is going on with everyone these days!

I am running out the door and expect a housefull of people here later this morning, I am taking a van full of people to the airport as they are all heading to florida for the week but then just my mom will be left here so things will calm down later on and we will plan out our week of shopping and girl stuff... yah!

Have a wonderful and safe day everyone!
  • Hi Turtles, We Rock!
    I love that we're all working hard at this!
    Short personal.....Life4evr, so proud of you for passing math test. Weigh to go! That eating response was normal with the added stress. Just start wherever you are today. You are doing this!

Everybody: have a great day. I was OP and yesterday which means I can and be OP again today! Yay.
    Judy
    234.6/183.6/179 and thinner
  • Not doing so well the last couple of weeks. I have stayed within points as far as I can tell but have gained a few pounds and am stuck. Not sure what to do except just keep trying. I dont know what I am doing wrong. I am not giving up though.
    Hello to all the Turtles. Keep on moving forward.