Team Arctic Fox! Chat Thread:

You're on Page 11 of 13
Go to
  • Hi ladies!

Finally some good news! Yesterday morning I weighed in at 163 lbs, no surprise there that's what I always weigh these days. But later in the evening, having eaten mind you, I was getting ready for my work Christmas party and I was waiting for my straighteners to heat up so I thought I'd step on the scale. 162 lbs!!! Holy moly! I was amazed, simply because I usually weigh like 5 lbs more once I've eaten but huzzah! I got super excited and changed all my tickers haha.

My work do went really well, everyone loved my new dress. I managed to get a picture of me before I went outside and got windswept!

I won 2 awards at work, best newcomer and favourite person to work with. So amazed! I also came 2nd in hottest female, I was shocked! People actually voted for me!!

I put this in my progress pic thread in the main forum, but I figured I'd put it here too. Can't believe how different I look now! I think I look a lot more 'alive' if that makes sense!

Today I'm going to make sure I do Insanity even though I'm super tired from last night! MUST STAY CONSISTENT!
  • Riestrella, you look so pretty!!

Mhill, hope you're feeling better!

Nest, congrats on the new job. It sounds like an awesome place!

My son is getting an award at school today and I'm very excited for him. He's such a good kid. After a horribly, awfully off plan weekend I've been back on track for the past two days. I need to get it into my thick head that when I eat like crap, I feel like crap. Less than three weeks and my husband will be home!! I want so badly to hit Onederland by then.
  • Lambie - You can do it! Just remember that everything you do affects your body in some way or another. Whether it be loads of exercise or loads of eating, it all counts towards something. So yeah, it's tough to go out and exercise and easy to cram your face full of delicious food, but you've got to decide which result you want more - do you want to get thinner or fatter? It's hard when there's so much temptation, but you have a great motivation so focus on the look on his face when he sees you!
    I'm aiming to reach 150 lbs by February 11th which is when I'll see my boyfriend again. I haven't seen him since July when I was 181 lbs, and a huge motivating factor has been him! Whether it's making me not pork out or making me exercise, I think of that moment when we'll see each other. Just keep going, don't let one trip ruin your progress, you're doing amazing so far! You're almost halfway!!
  • Riestrella - You look Great!!! Love te dress! and congrats on the weight change, I knew you could do it!!

Lambie - You can do it! Using your husband as motivation will make that goal even more achievable and so worth it once you get there!!

Hope everyone is having a great week! I've been completely useless this week! I've been exercising and eating well, but I'm on vacation so I have pretty much been sleeping in and watching tv most of my days!
    Tonight is my final for my class at school, then I'm done until Jan 12!!
  • The semester is over! I just took my final!! I finished with a B in the class, I'm happy!
    Hope everyone is having a great week!
  • Well....I haven't been having a good week at all. I have been struggling. I just weighed myself for the first time since our weigh in last week, and I'm up 2.4 pounds. I had been weighing in every day, but then I started to make not so good choices, started avoiding the scale, and stopped posting on here so much. Part of my lack of posting is that I have been busy....but I know that cant account for all of it. It's going to be even more complicated tomorrow because I'm going out with my boyfriend's family for his birthday and we're going to some place that doesn't have nutritional info online and I have NO IDEA what they have there, so there isn't really a good way for me to prepare. I'm nervous about it. I don't want to make it all the way back up to 255....it's bad enough that I'm back in the 250s. I think it has partially been stress (I just finished my finals yesterday, I got As in all my classes which means I'm going to graduate with the highest honors with my associate's degree, and hopefully I'll get some scholarships to help pay for my bachelors!!!), but I can't blame it all on that. My eating has been TERRIBLE. More fast food. I'm having such a hard time staying away from the fast food...It's just so addictive.

Riestrella - you look absolutely gorgeous! I love the dress. I don't usually wear dresses with the scoop neck like that because of my big boobs, but if you could pull it off so could I and it really looks good on you....so maybe I should try it sometime. lol.

Lambiechop - I have a problem also with remembering that junk food makes me feel awful. I eat tons of it, and I feel sick...and then I go eat tons of it the next day. It's awful. We just need to try and remember....and we need to come here to 3FC and reach out for help whenever our cravings are about to get the best of us.

Mhill - Just relax on vacation. Vacations are good for lowering stress, and stress is bad for weight loss. lol. Also, congrats on the finals being done! I know how great that feels. lol
  • Devine - Congrats on all A's! That is so awesome! I wish I could be that amazing lol. Don't worry so much about the gain, everyone has those weeks, especially with finals. I guess having been through finals week too I'm all about going easy on yourself because my weight has been Crazy fluctuating all week! Don't get discouraged just take it as a lesson learned, get back in here and let's Do this!!!
  • Hey everyone!

Well, after such an exciting Monday afternoon of reaching 162 lbs I'm back up to 163 lbs. It's my own fault though, not drinking water, skipping Insanity workouts...bleeehhh! I'm so lazy sometimes. But today I've been drinking water and I did my workout so I'm hoping to see some results tomorrow. I've not been peeing every 2 minutes so I'm hoping that the water is hydrating my body.

I've been bad with eating Chocolate, my Mum bought me a MASSIVE bar of Galaxy chocolate (my absolute fav) and I've been nibbling at it ;_;. Thankfully chocolate is quite sickly to me, but when I spread it out it's baaad. So trying to monitor that too. I might start calorie counting again to keep myself accountable.

mhill - Woohoo, congrats on your grade! Well done!

Divine - Thanks that's really sweet of you to say! Honey, my boobs are MASSIVE. I'm a 32 HH, so there's just no hiding them! There's no point trying to any more, it's just a fact - they are big. The sooner you accept that fact the sooner you just go with the flow!
    Just pick the healthiest option on the menu if you're nervous - steamed meat, salads, dressing on the side...it'll be much better for you. And just drink water. Fast food seems to be you're ultimate weakness, don't you waste loads of money on it? I think if you go out and buy loads of fresh groceries then it might help because if you don't use it they'll go off and it'll be a waste of money. More of an incentive perhaps? But yeah, I can't really say anything other than stop getting junk food! It's terrible for you, and you don't need it if you're stressed!
  • mhill thanks! I work my butt off for my As. I will be graduating with a 3.92 gpa. Its one of the few things in life i have control over, so i do my best to excel at it.

Riestrella yeah i'm wearing a 36G but should really be in a 36H. My boobs got bigger after i lost 70 pounds and gained it back...so my bras from last time around dont fit quite right. Its so much harder and more expensive to get larger bra sizes here then it is in europe though. I generally end up ordering from bravissimo, but the shipping from europe is so expensive. There are only a few boutiques around here that cary sizes that large with smaller band sizes, and if i went to one i would be paying $120 or so for a bra. Its just dumb. About buying healthy food....i DO and then i sit there watching it go bad while i go get fast food. Its awful i know, but i come home from work and then have school work to do and find myself too exhausted to cook. No one tells you how crazy working full time while you are a full time student is until you are stuck doing it. I am just so so tired and fas tfood is so convenient and easy. Days when i dont have money for fast food half the time i dont eat cause i am so tired i just pass out. I got home yesterday evening, took my finals, and passed out....forgot to do laundry and wpre semi-dirty clothes to work today because of it. I am just so tired all the time. I am up from around 5 am until 11 or 12 every night....and i STILL dont have time to get everything done.

Speaking of which, i was going to do the stats right now but my boyfriend is on my laptop takimg a final so it will have to wait. I am on my nook.

So far i have had a better day today....but i am still worried about tomorrow. I kmow this week i will have a gain, i am just hoping i can get it below 2 pounds.
  • Well i wasnt going to eat dinner...but my boyfriend offered mcdonalds. I almost resisted, but then he offered to get me a happy meal with the apples, so i said okay. I was really hungry and had no groceries or money and dont get paid till tomorrow. At least i didnt pig out....right? 4 Chicken nuggets and some apples cant be THAT bad right?
  • Divine - Yes, anything from McDonalds is bad. Chicken nuggets are fried in fat, the apples are soaked in sugar. Even some of the salads are high in salt content because of the dressing. Fast food is so dangerous because of how convenient it is, but the way it is made makes it highly damaging to your health and if you're trying to lose weight it's even worse.
    There are so many quick and easy recipes you can do. Like Cajun chicken...get a bowl and put 1 tbsp of flour and 2 tsp of cajun seasoning and 1/4 tsp of salt. Mix it up, then put olive oil on a chicken breast then dunk it in the mixture until it's nice and covered. Fry it for 6 minutes per side - make sure it's cooked all the way through and voila. You have yourself a tasty bit of chicken. Rip up some lettuce, throw in some cherry tomatoes, cut a few bits of cucumber, onion, whatever, and you have yourself a salad to go with it.

Cooking doesn't have to be this long process, I make cajun chicken all the time and it takes me 20 minutes. It's not dunked in grease and fried in fat like a McDonalds chicken nugget. Your boyfriend should be more supportive of you and never offer you fast food. You should communicate that with him.
    You should watch an amazing documentary called Food, Inc if you haven't already seen it. It will put you off fast food guaranteed. It's just...disgusting what they do to the animals that go in those foods. If you're addicted then maybe you need to educate yourself on where that food comes from, and it will be a negative association and make you crave it less.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eKYyD14d_0 - That's the trailer, I recommend anyone watch this film - it changed the way I saw food forever.

So my advice would be just look up some quick easy recipes, there are cooking websites that have options that say "quick cook time" and you can find things that take you 15 minutes. H3ll, even making baked beans on toast would be way better than fast food!!
  • Riestrella - I've seen it. It didn't work....and I wish it had.

Honestly though, the whole meal wasn't even 500 calories. and it had less then 20 grams of fat....and I had eaten very low fat and high fiber all day. I'm going to stay positive about my choice, I think it was the right thing to do. I literally didn't have groceries, my fridge freezer and cabinets were all empty, and I hadn't been paid yet. It seems to me that eating a little bit of stuff that isn't really healthy is better then not eating at all (this was at like 8:00pm....the last time I ate was lunch at work at 11:30am). I made a GOOD choice asking for a happy meal instead of what I usually get (which would be over 1000 calories)....and even though it wasn't the BEST choice, it's better then I usually do so I'm proud of it.

I was under 250 again this morning. 249.8....so I'm still dangerously close....and I know I'll be back above it because we're going out tonight with my boyfriend's family...but I am hoping that if I eat REALLY well on friday and drink tons of water to flush any sodium out of my system that I will be back below 250 by Saturday morning. Help would actually be appreciated. I have no idea what ANY of the stuff on the menu is...so if you recognize any of it and know what would be better for me to choose, I would appreciate any advice you can give.

http://angusgrillbraziliansteakhouse...ouse_menu.html

Apparently they come around with chunks of the meats and stuff and they cut you a slice of whatever you want and it's an all you can eat kind of thing and they keep coming around with different food. Talk about temptation. I was hoping it was some place where you just order what you want.

Anyways, I have to finish getting ready for work...I've got a busy day ahead of me. Have a great day everyone!
  • Divine- ooooo, a Brazilian Steakhouse! I'm jealous. If I was eating there this is how I'd attack it. Avoid the cheese bread, say no to the sides, hit that salad bar hard, let yourself have a few chunks of meat, and skip the desserts but go for the grilled pineapple. And don't be too hard on yourself about the McNuggets. Of everything at McDonald's your choice wasn't bad.

After a week I'm finally below 205.5. I'm vowing to myself that I will not binge this weekend. It's gotten to be a weekly thing and it's really hindering my losses. Going to try and concentrate on cleaning my house for my husband's homecoming and trying to finish organizing my room.
  • Divine - You made a good choice at an extremely unhealthy fast food place, and if your boyfriend was offering to get you food why didn't you just go get something from the supermarket? Or heck, even a healthy 6" Subway? I'm not going to pat you on the head and say "well done" because the fact is you could have avoided the McDonald's. I may sound harsh but you're on a weight loss forum talking about being addicted to fast food and it sounds like you're trying to justify something that you really shouldn't be.
    As for the restaurant you're going to, sounds like you have a choice of beef, beef and beef in bacon. Just avoid anything wrapped in bacon, fries, cheese...maybe the pineapple would be better. Portion size is going to be key here, I heard that you should eat a portion of meat that's the size of your fist - any larger and you're overindulging. But that's loose. Snack on fruit before you go, make sure you've eaten healthy leading up to the meal - basically spoil your appetite so you're not tempted to gorge.

Lambie - Definitely distract yourself away from food - remember, think about your goals when you're about to eat something bad.
  • Riestrella - my boyfriend was walking home from work and syopped to ge food. Mcdonalds is the only thing between my house and his work...so thats what he got. You can call it excuses all you want, but you arent here and you dont know my situation. The fast food i am addicted to isnt mcdonalds, its whataburger. Mcdonalds isnt even that good. Mcdonalds mostly tastes just like chemicals to me.

For tonight, i dont like bacon anyways...and i am not a huge fan of red meat...so i should be okay. And i LOVE pineapple, so thats good. I have already had 64oz of water today...and i am trying to get to 120oz before i go tonight. I figure that would help me eat less. Ihaventgone to the grocery store yet though, so i dont have much to snack on, and i amgoingstraight to the resturaunt from work. I can probably spare a grahm cracker ortwo from my stash for grahm cracker houses we are making next week.

Edit: i wanted to add that out of all the fast food places excluding subway, mcdonalds is actually the best, not the worst. The only subway around here is cash only, so i dont go there ever anyways...although i dont mind it. I just never have cash. The only other things around are whataburger, mcdonalds, sonic, and jack in the box. Out of those mcdonalds is by far the best...their fruit and yogurt parfaits arw good if you are on a road trip and need to stop for breakfast, and a 6 piece chicken muggets isnt even 300 calories. They also offer more non carbonated low calorie drink options then most other places. I guess i am just trying to explain why i dint feel i made a bad choice. I am one of those people who doesnt need to cut things out 100% to stick tothe plan. Yes i am addicted to fastfood. I ate fast food once a week and still lost 70 pounds in about 9 months. Its not the healthiest thing, and i get that, but i could do a lot worse. I could be sitting on the couch eating a 10 piece nuggets, two large fries, a large soda, and a double cheeseburger. Thats how i used to be. Compared to that, a kids meal is nothing, and in the end it wont kill me. For an obese person, you would beamazed how normal my bloodwork is. My cholestwrol is normal, my blood pressure is normal....a few chicken nuggets every once in a while wont kill me.