Spring/Summer 2012 Mamas

You're on Page 9 of 60
Go to
  • Prenatal yoga is AWESOME. I was stiffer than I realized until I let myself really stretch out. Of course, now I lifted weights this afternoon, so I know that tomorrow I'll be stiff and sore again. Hopefully I'll have time for another quick session!

Sakai and Mindi - good luck with your doc appts tomorrow!

As for me, the rash is gone (woohoo! No idea what that was about but SO GLAD I am not scratching myself raw anymore), but the under-one-butt-cheek-pain remains.
  • Gale ~ Congrats on the 2nd trimester!! How exciting. I have a loooong way to go before I get there.

Sakai & Mindi ~ I hope you have great appointments today!

Keller ~ I hope it has been a better week for you. My best guy friend committed suicide almost five years ago, so I can empathize, and I am praying that your MIL and SIL get the help they need after their attempts.

Mandalinn ~ Ooh, yoga...I love yoga so much. It is offered free on Thursdays where I work, but I obviously don't want to tell anyone yet that I am pregnant, so I am hoping I'll still be able to do most of the poses until I'm over my first trimester...then I'll tell the people in the class that I work with as well as the instructor so she can help me modify poses if needed. It's such a great release, though.

I feel like absolute crap today. I didn't sleep well Monday night or last night, so I am thinking it's a mix of lack of sleep and a touch of all-day morning sickness. I don't get it to the point of throwing up, but I get the all-day-every-day ick feeling and it seems magnified today. I hope it's a quick day.
  • Doctor in 20 minutes! Hopefully I'll get to hear a good, strong heartbeat and set up my ultrasound for next week. Shooting for Monday afternoon or Thursday anytime during the day, since DH will be off that day for his company Christmas party. REALLY hoping for Monday so I don't have to wait too long...but at the same time kinda hoping for Thursday because it's closer to Christmas and there are fewer days to wait!
  • Things are definitely not as wild this week and its gone smoothly so far for me. Only four hours of work tomorrow then off til monday. Get off at 8:30 tonight so not to shabby.

They are talking about a release date for his mom because she isn't cooperating(go figure) but it won't be a long term stay like was suggested. I do know his family is on the outs with him. They are all pissed his brother moved in with us until he can get his own apartment because "its not a good time in his moms life to deal with it". The only thing his mom told him though was "thanks for letting him move out, now I have no income." Because she had been making him pay the remainder of the rent by taking his paychecks and debit card since she QUIT her job. Pathetic! Nothing about the fact that he's in a safe place or acknowledging that HE is of age and chose to leave. So his family is now saying that's my boyrfriends not "grown" enough to take care of himself(or a child.) I just wanna slap them all UGH

20 days until I find out the gender. So close yet so far away. I just wanna know NOW! I can feel baby move when I sleep now. It's some sharp kicks to. I'll be like damn this still hurts like 5 minutes later, but only when i'm trying to sleep.

I start school in 21 days as well. Heres to the next 4 years of my life! Never realized how expensive books are. over 500$ for three books.

Mindi, Sakai- How did the appointments go?

Gale- The sweetest feeling is being out of the first trimester. YAY for you =]

Emme- Werlcome! Sorry to hear about your best friend. I wish people would understand suicide isn't the answer. His family all find it as the easy way out if their problems. How far are you? I don't think I caught that.

Manda- Glad the rash is gone!
  • Quote:
    Emme- How far are you? I don't think I caught that.
    I'm 5w2d. It's still super early and I was very hesitant about joining this group since I'm still in my first trimester, but I figured that anything can happen at any time during a pregnancy, so I am just going to enjoy it!
  • The appointment went great! Uneventful. He took a few minutes to find the heartbeat, but finally found it. Baby was hanging out by my right hip! Didn't get a rate on it, but it was strong and he said it sounded good and steady. We set up my gender/anatomy sonogram for next Friday, which works great with my Christmas plan AND my husband can be there!!
  • I got baby pictures!
    So they said I'm at 14 weeks 4 days (as of today)
    So at my first apppoitment (when we all thought I was 10 weeks.) I was really 12 and not late 15 like the Dr. thought. There was no twin that didn't make it or anything like that. I guess my body is just a bit more different than the normal.
    I also felt the baby move for the first time last night. after i got up from sleeping I get sharp pains on my right side, and I found out at the apppoitment that the baby is kicking back on my right I set a hand on my belly and pressed a little and a moment later a felt the baby kick against one fingertip. I was super amazing and a bit creepy all at the same time. DF was laughing at the shocked face i made.

I talked with my grandmother and she still wasn't happy about not keeping the baby in the family but accepted it. She had a good friend who's daughter wants to adopt a girl and I think the idea was a bit easier for her to accept knowing "normal" people adopt children. i know it was a hint for me that if my baby was a girl I might think about giving it to her. I'm not sure how I feel about it until I learn more.
    I also finally took back control and posted on facebook the plans for the adpotion. I didn't go into any details. I stated that facebook was not a place for that and that they all knew how to get ahold of me if they had questions. i said i didn't expect anyone to support or agree with DF and I but I expected them to have respect in our choice. And we still have no problems talking about the baby or the adoption to anyone. so hopefully things will go alright.

I feel SO much better having told everyone in my life about this. I've been holding it in for so long and feling so guilty about it. at this point, I really wouldn't mind if they were all upset about it, I'm just glad I don't have to hold it in anymore.

Mindi- can't wait to hear how the appointment went. I thought about you!
    {edit} Mindi- LOL I was a bit late to see your post ^.^ glad everything went great! Mine is hanging out by my right hip as well.
  • Mindi and Sakai - Glad you both had good appointments!

Sakai - We are really close I am 14w2d today. Glad you took back control on facebook and that your g-ma is coming around.

Mandalinn - Prenatal yoga is awesome. I love doing yoga pregnant even more then not pregnant. I need to see if I can find free or cheap classes. I used to go to classes when pg with my DD and DS but can'y afford that place now. I so need to exercise!

Keller- glad to hear things are not as wild this week. You sound like you have a lot on your plate.

Emme - Welcome. Enjoy your pg day by day that is what I do.

My nausea seems to be getting better and I actually was able to eat some veggies this week. I am not as exhausted either which is good. My DS had some kinda stomach flu earlier this week so I am really hopping I don't get it. Every year around this time DS gets a stomach thing and then I usually get it a few days later. I have been feeling baby tickle me almost daily but it is still so light, can not wait for those nice big kicks and wiggles oh and the hiccups
  • I also enjoy yoga...did it for a while, then stopped in favor of some other stuff. Started again today. It's CRAZY how bad my balance is getting already!
  • So I am officially ENGAGED! He gave me a beautiful ring today! Sooo happy!

Sakai- Glad your appointment went well and you got pictures. Timing all just depends on ovulation and is hard to pinpoint the exact time. Exciting for the baby moving! Those sharp kicks get sharper! Do you know when you will find out gender? Or do you have to set up an appointment a week or two before? Always glad to hear you have control back and that your grandma is slowly coming to terms.

Mindi- Glad your appointment went well. jealous you get to find out the gender next week. Lol. I'm just tired of waiting and jealous all of you know/ are finding out when your 16-19ish weeks and I have to wait til my 23rd week. Whats your christmas plan?

I've never done yoga. I must really be missing out, but I have no balance. I've ran into the same wall twice today lol I also haven't slept in the last two nights as i've had my 3 month old nephew while my sister works. Hello sleep tonight!

Emme- Still way early but enjoy it everyday. I was on edge until I was 12weeks2days and got my first ultrasound, for the simple fact that I miscarried at 13 weeks last time. Wishing you well throughout your pregnancy. Is this your first or do you have other kids?
  • Congrats, Keller!!!

You sound like me, with the balance. Oddly enough yoga seems to help when I do it regularly. Just start with a beginners program...I like the ones on ExerciseTV.com. They're free!

I'm so impatient! I'm also a member of another message board where all of us preggo women due in May talk...and I'm the last one to know the gender!!

Our Christmas plan is just to be surprised on Christmas Day. We're going to have the guy doing the sonogram write down "it's a boy" or "it's a girl" on a card and seal it up in an envelope, then hang it on the tree and open it Christmas morning. Hopefully we can stand it that long! It's just a neat little surprise, and the ONLY time in our lives we'll be able to do something like this. DH said the other day that it's going to be cool because it'll be just like when we were kids again, not even able to sleep because we're so excited about getting up and opening presents!
  • We have digital cable with an exercise on demand channel. I'm gonna check to see if there are any yoga on there.

Mindi- It just sucks being last to know when you could have done many weeks earlier. I couldn't wait any longer than I had to, even if it is just a few days. But love the idea of hanging it on the tree!

HALFWAY THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have any of you ladies had dreams about gender and what did you have? I've had horrible dreams that if I have a boy I get violent and angry and yell at the doctor. I wouldn't do in real life as I just want a healthy baby but I've heard some women say they dream of one gender(good or bad) and have the opposite? I've only met a couple people who had dreams about the gender they actually had. And I hear it's all a subconscious thought.
  • I've only had one dream that involved a baby so far, and it was a boy in the dream.

Anyone else having family members trying to tell you what to do?

So since DH's family is split into two parts, we've got Christmases this weekend. And yesterday I was a huge disappointment.

We went to his dad's Christmas yesterday, and everyone in his family was excited when we walked in and wanted to "see the belly." Well. Don't have one so there! I was fun for about five seconds then they moved on. It's like you're not pregnant without the belly. We DID get a cute little silver "Baby" frame from his dad and his dad's girlfriend, so that was nice.

Start of super-emotional rant.

Today is his granny's Christmas. She's in her 80s and will ask me how I'm doing, but is more interested in our dogs right now. She's sweet even though she repeats herself.

My sister-in-law is going to get on my last NERVE though. She's been hounding me for WEEKS and it's getting worse. "Why are you still wearing jeans? You're going to squish the baby." You see, she's an expert since she had one child...and blew up big as a house by 15 weeks. So I should too I guess. I'm just really tired of her telling everyone I hate being pregnant and don't want to accept it (because she is) since I won't put on maternity clothes. She told someone IN PUBLIC and in FRONT of me just Thursday that I'm trying to "keep the belly in" by wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans and that I'm going to do damage to the baby.

I'm NOT damaging the baby and I'm NOT trying to "keep my belly in." I can still wear a couple of pairs of them, and have retired some I can't wear anymore. I change out of them in the evening when I bloat up and they get uncomfortable. I'm just sick and tired of her telling me HOW to be pregnant.

And for the record I hate the maternity jeans. I put some on yesterday just to gauge the progress. They fell down within five steps, and I got the right size. I don't know if it's because I don't have a belly to hold the top up yet or what. But it's annoying.

And speaking of that, I'm getting annoyed that I don't look pregnant anyway. I'm tired of people saying "I thought you were pregnant?" when they see me. I don't know why I have zero belly at 18 weeks. I'm getting wider but not popping out. Dangit if I'm gonna BE pregnant I want to LOOK pregnant at least! I got some cute maternity shirts the other day (to be ready when I DO need them) and can't wear 'em at all because they're like tents right now.

Oh, today is going to be a GOOD day. I just keep telling myself that...
  • Mindi- I just got wider and wider until in my 18th week and in the past couple weeks i've just began rounding out. Granted, I STILL just look fat in my mind but df tries to tell I look pregnant. I mean, maybe from the side, lol
    Don't let anybody try to tell you what to do. You know your body best. Try to ignore them or change the conversation.

I haven't even tried on pregnancy jeans. Nor shirts. And I surely won't buy any. I'm not going to waste money on them when I have 4 sizes of jeans and I still wear them all, even the smallest ones. Though for the first time I did have to ponytail the smallest ones together because it began to hurt. My DF is a size or two bigger than me so I wear his t shirts sometimes and will continue to. They don't look like his so nobody will ask. And for winter, sweats and yoga pants. For spring, I have a ton of "going out" shirts that will be able to accomodate the belly and sundresses/jackets.

16 days until we can start shopping =]
  • Mindi- I am sorry your SIL is so hurtful and mean. Seriously she really needs to shut-up. Have you told her that what she is saying is hurtful?

My upper belly is sticking out and more round (from my pushed up guts) then the lower part below the belly button were the baby is and my family keeps poking me and rubbing my guts. It is pretty annoying but the are just really happy and excited and not being cruel. I also feel like I do not look pregnant and I keep looking back at pictures of me when I was pregnant with DS and thinking I looked more "pregnant" with him but I was also about 10 pounds heavier and since losing weight have a bit your excess skin belly flab on the bottom so I just look strange now.

I hope your day is going well and you are being treated well.