Spring/Summer 2012 Mamas

You're on Page 10 of 60
Go to

• Just a quick drive by post - this weekend was all about Christmas prep. I passed out all of our cookies and goodies to local friends, boxed and mailed the ones for far away friends, got some wrapping done, and got the house clean and the shopping done for Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas morning breakfast, both of which we're hosting. I am seriously annoyed at how quickly I run out of steam compared to pre-pregnancy...I used to be able to clean, cook, move stuff, etc all day, and now by 3pm I am DONE and need to put my feet up. Yesterday I pushed too hard and ended up with a migraine, exhausted, and really uncomfortable.

Here's a pic of my bump (I didn't make the twitter account...my friend who is SUPER DUPER EXCITED ABOUT THE BABY did...don't judge, I have nothing to do with it!)

https://twitter.com/#!/CaudleLarkinK...534529/photo/1

So excited for you all to find out your genders! We bought our first little boy outfit this weekend (and I possibly cried in the aisles of Target - lol).
  • So...FOUR DAYS until the gender/anatomy ultrasound, and Christmas is just after that! I'm so excited to finally find out what we're having!

Oh, and still "the bumpless wonder" here. I can't count how many times I got asked "I thought you were pregnant?" over the weekend.
  • Keller- Congrats on the engagment!
    Butterflymama- Wow our dates are close @.@ it'll be a race to the finish lol
    Mindi- don't worry, you'll look pregnant soon enough. all women are different. My body changed when i was around 10 weeks and even though I had only gained 4 pounds at that time, I looked pregnant already (which sucked because my work clothes don't fit anymore and we don't sell maternity clothes in this town for some reason even though a good chunk of the female population is pregnant at any given time. so I had to buy a bigger sized pants which are comfy in the waist but super gangsta baggy in the legs.) I think it's just all my insides being shoved upward though.

So i've been stressed because helpppful family/friends have been bringing out friends and family who've been wanting to adopt. And I feel bad for having to disapoint eveyone because I'm only having one baby! lol
    But the great news is, it seems my Cousin and his wife (who just had a baby last month) contacted me and said they would gladly take the baby. I accepted this right away because I love my cousin and his wife and they are such great people. I was surpprised because they just had a baby but it was very hard for them to get pregnant. it took them over a year. They want more children and it will most likely take them just as long so I guess they saw this as a oppertunity to help me out and expand their family, which I'm more than happy to do. They do live far away but that's okay with me. I've felt like I've been able to enjoy this pregnacy now that I'm not stressed out about the adoption. The baby will stay in the family which will make other members of my family happy and my baby will have a slightly older sister to be with.
  • Sakai-thanks. Glad to hear about your cousin and that its making the adoption a lot easier on you and the family. Are they gonna be involved in your pregnancy more so? Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy if you can Its a special time for everyone involved, but especially you.

Idk why but I've been emotional for some odd reason today. Wanting to cry at sappy love stories and anything with a baby in it. I cry for no reason and its so annoying! Spent the day with df and he thinks im going crazy because one minute im fine and the next im *****ing because he don't rinse his dishes off and the next crying about something I read.

Not gonna lie, I haven't enjoyed being pregnant. And as of now, i never want to do it again. Since even before I've found out I've been throwing up and nauseas up until two weeks ago, having migraines, sensitive and dry painful nipples, crazy emotions about nothing, major irritation over the littlest things, can't sleep, can't eat, im always tired. Even just going to work or taking a walk is to much. And i spent the first 14 weeks stressing about losing this one too and hiding it from everybody. I mean I don't see how im supposed to enjoy this? Maybe its the emotions talking but I wish it was May. Does anybody else feel this way or do I just sound crazy right now?
  • Keller, the emotions are normal, believe me! A couple of weeks back DH and I sat and watched "Two Broke Girls" on TV. I was having a good night...felt ok. Not arguing or sad or anything. It ended (and wasn't sad at ALL) and I just BUSTED out crying. DH thought I was insane. I just went to the bathroom and couldn't stop crying for like 10 minutes. And the mornings are the worst...he can make me cry SO easy! He's just stopped calling me before about 9 am...it's safer that way.

And your feelings are also totally normal. I can't say I've been totally miserable with this pregnancy, but I'm not enjoying it the way I thought I would. You know, they say that women have a "glow" when they're pregnant, and that they all feel SO good in the second trimester. Well "they" are full of crap.

I'm having issues with not feeling connected to this baby at all. I can't say I feel "love." I'm taking care of myself so the baby will be healthy, but it's not like I'm talking to my belly and saying "I love you" all the time or anything. On my other message board I'm told that's perfectly normal, too...and that some women don't feel a connection until well after birth. I hope this all changes for me soon, though. I want to enjoy things and be excited enough to really start looking at baby things. Hopefully after we find out the gender this weekend...or I feel some movement!
  • Mandalinn - Very cute bump I have to admit I am a bit jealous. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas dinner and breakfast.

Saki- That is fantastic news about your cousin and his wife wanting to adopt the baby.

Keller- I forgot to say congrats on the engagement! Also I have to admit that I have not really been enjoying my pregnancy so far either. I am starting to feel a bit better so really hoping to start enjoying it more in the second trimester. Also my emotions are wacky too and those stupid Christmas commercials don't help.

Mindi- I find it hard to really feel connected to the baby until there is some serious movements going on. Then I start to feel the personality of the little person inside me.

I am doing ok, my blood sugars were a bit high after dinner a couple times this week but are really good all day. I am pretty sure I am going to develop GD (if I don't have it already) I have started keeping track of my calories and carbs and testing my blood sugar when waking and after my major meals. I am hoping I can keep them under control with diet and exercise. I have yet to start the exercise thing but am trying to get motivated to go out walking in the evenings but it has been kinda cold and rainy It sucks because I really have to not indulge at Christmas At least it is easier to turn down stuff when I am pregnant as I have the baby's healthy to think of. Hope everyone has a fantastic, restful holidays.
  • This baby kicks the **** out of me and wakes me up all night long. It's getting really annoying only being able to sleep an hour here and there.

13 days until gender scan. So excited! Just can't wait to go shopping.

Butterfly- Thanks =] Even when the baby kicks I don't feel that "super connection" that people tell me i'll feel. Is your doctor going to test for gestational diabetes?

Mindi- After my bf goes to work, I just can't help but to cry. I have no clue why but as soon as he leaves something clicks in my head and it starts randomly. I watch One born evern minute and i bawl during the whole episode. But I can't tear myself away from it. Two broke girls is also a favorite- but it makes me laugh extra hard!
  • I THINK I started feeling some little kicks or punches yesterday. Felt like little muscle spasms, but they were all in one place below and to the right of my belly button. Hope to feel more today!!! Sonogram is tomorrow and hopefully they'll be able to tell the gender!
  • Congrats on the engagement, Keller!

Sakai, that's awesome that you found a family!

I am only JUST starting to feel connected to my little guy, when I feel him move. It's still awfully abstract! I lovingly call him "mama's little parasite" on the days when he's sucking the life out of me (we ALL have those days).

My shoulder acted up big time yesterday, so I sort of can't use my left arm without severe pain. No fun. I tried to massage it last night and only succeeded in making it really, really sore. So I'm trying to take it easier today, but I just have SO much to do to prep for Christmas. Wrapping, cleaning, cooking, baking...I need to put my feet up!
  • Mandalinn- Some days? This little one sucks the life out of me 95% of days and rarely lets me sleep lol But i'll still love it nonetheless. Sucks about your shoulder. Hope it feels better soon. And hope you can some rest in because it sounds like you are crazy busy.

Mindi- Very excited for you. Let us know when you open it on Xmas =]

So I gained 3 pounds overnight a couple days ago, out of nowhere. I thought I was going to have a heart attack. It's not water weight because it's sticking with me. I always feel hungry to but I take 4 bites and i'm full so it's not overeating either. Apparently it was needed. What a hard concept to accept though.

I also woke up and suddenly looked "pregnant". I still think I just look fat. Df and the ladies I work with think I look prego now. I attached a photo. Don't mind my crazy hair as I had just woken up from a nap lol

Christmas is soo close adn then the new year and many new beginnings for each one of us =]

• I ws gonna just edit my last post but my computer keeps freezing up. Ugh.

I was wondering where you ladies are with naming your babies. Have you picked one out yet? Do you have one for each gender? Any ideas but not in a "definite" list? And what are they?
  • We've got it narrowed down to two names for the boy....both initials "JB" after DH's grandpa. The girl's name though...not sure at ALL. I've got a list, but DH has said no to most of them, and maybe to a few. I decided to wait until we know if we NEED to argue over girls' names before we have the argument Should know Sunday!

But on the boys, it'll be Jacob Boyd or Jackson Boyd. Girls....we'll have to see.
  • This one has a name, we think...Spencer James. My wife was supposed to be named Michaela, but when she was born, she didn't look at all like a Michaela and they named her Sarah. So we're withholding judgment until he is born, but that's his name as of now.

If it had been a girl, she would have likely been Violet Elizabeth.

Keller - oh yes, that is a pregnant bump! I sympathize on the weight gain. NO matter what I do with carbs, with watching what I'm eating, with pushing water, my body is just determined to put on pounds. I've had a couple 2-3 lb overnights. Trying to adjust, but still not happy about it!!
  • So, had the sonogram. I measured 19 weeks, 5 days, and the due date has been moved to May 13 from May 19 or 21. So as of Christmas Day I'm officially 20 weeks I suppose.

Heart rate was 135, brain, spine, ribs, heart and lungs all looked good. Baby was really moving a lot...except for its legs of course. THOSE were crossed AND tucked, so no gender for our Christmas surprise. I'm trying to be really happy that the baby is good, and I am. Just also really disappointed.
  • Mindi- Sucks they couldnt tell the gender. But glad to hear that everything is perfect with baby. Do you know when they are going to try again to tell? Love the names. Jackson was one of my favorites =]

Manda- I understand that babies don't always look like a certain name, but Spencer is cute!

I was supposed to be "Benajmin" because they thought my hand was a penis the whole time my mom was pregnant. So my name was a last minute choice for them as well.

The countdown is getting lower!!!