#268 Bale of Turtles Doing Just Fine!

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Hi everyone - got in a 3 mile walk last night & have stayed on track this week. So feeling abit better & not so bloated as before.

Everyone busy posting & staying on track I hope. Keep up the good work.

Have a great evening. I have leftover meatloaf for dinner with some veggies & rice so looking forward to that. Zumba tonight.
  • Oh Turtles, I just lost my message. I'll try and remember what I said. Here I go again.

Today has been nice and relaxing. Lost 1.6# at WW WI----not quite the 2# I lost at JC yesterday, but still in the right direction. Got on the boardwalk with dh and walked the 1 1/2miles. Yay. I think I'll do a home WI on Friday morning to do away with both WI's from JC and then WW. Much too confusing. I think that will work and will give me a day or two to make even more progress each week. Sounds like a plan

Cherry, you keep on keepin' on. If this were easy, everyone would be slim. You're doing great and you're balancing a young family, etc. Keep up the good work, don't let your setbacks set up negative thinking and you'll reach your goal. :

Life4evr, you and my dh share a How wonderful! Hope you had a really good day. Love to hear you sounding so optimistic. It's great that we pick up good eating habits over time and they become routine. Good for you. Hey, a fleece blanket sounds so cozy. Good luck with your Christmas presents. :

Lauren, you're handling so much now with your dear parents. I'm sorry there seem to be so few solutions. Does the local church have any volunteers? Would they like meals on wheels to help with the meal preps and give your dm less to do? I'm always happy to have you post here. I'm sending to help lighten your load.

Bandit, so glad to hear you're OP and doing so much You're inspiring me. I'm going to get out my toning tape and figure out how to use our new DVD player. Iv'e been good about walking, but my flabby arms could use a workout too! Lol.

To everyone: Taylor and Jar and Sea Biscuit, and Princess, and Terri and all our turtles-----let's make the rest of today great and then let's wake up and do it all again tomorrow.
    Judy
    234.6/186/179 and thinner
  • Hey Gals Thanks for the wellwishes!

Procedure went fine colon looks good, Dr, took some tissue samples to test, but looks like I just had some sort of infection that has cleared! Yeah me!!
    Stomach is very off! Not a bad thing but just don't know what I can eat, nothing seems appetizing.

Judy as long as the scale is going down!!! And it is! Great for you!!!
    Life happy belated hopeyou had a great birthday!
    Cherry Judy is right none of us would be here if this were easy!!! You are doing wonderfully!!! Keep at it!!
    Lauren I can related about the aging parents we just got my Mom in a retirement home about 6 weeks ago it has been a huge weight lifted. Good luck!
    Bandit you are my inspiration too!!! You have been doing great food and exercise.. Keep on !!!
    Princess Yes I am back fulltime working, it has been busy and our computer system has not been working the greatest so very challenging. How did the knitting turn out did you get it fixed?
    Lots I was watching the news thank god! you and yours are OK nasty weather down there stay safe.
    Taylor, Jar, Sea biscuit hope you gals are keepin at it! check in when you can!!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!!!

Terri
  • Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! I have lots of housework to get done today because I am going to babysit the grandbaby tomorrow morning while his parents run errands. It is so cold here this morning burrrrr!

I have been pretty hungry this week so I think I really need to increase my protein and veggie intake... I find I am eating too many processed food items again... grabbing a Kashi bar or a pretzel, etc instead of having a couple of celery stalks with cream cheese or something like that. Just taking the easy way I guess so will need to work on that.

W/I tonight, we will see how it goes!

The knitting fiasco! Well I am knitting a lace shawl on circular interchangable needles... the needles seperated and I did not catch it right away and bunch of the shawl fell off and many stiches were lost... my teacher is wonderful and even though we had to do a lot of ripping out I am back on track with only minor set backs...

Judy: Congrats on the loss and the boardwalk exercise.

Lauren: I don't remember where you live but get online and check out a place called Visiting Angels, they are a service that comes to house, will make sure that med's are being taken, meals are prepared, small chores can be done, bathing and other personal care. They are not nurses but more of home care assistants so they are not as expensive. We looked into one for my mom but she flatly refused having anyone in her house, she is just not there yet but expect she will be soon. Good luck, it is a very heart breaking time for you and I totally understand the emotions that go along with it, thinking about you and wishing you the very best!

Bandit: Thanks so much for updating our weigh in thread! Good luck tonight at weigh in!

Terri: Hope your tummy gets to feeling better!

Jeanne: How are you doing?

Lots: Hope you are doing well.

Cherry: Hang in there and you will do fine at weigh in, according to Bandits calculations you are kicking butt!

Taylor: Hope you are continueing to feel better!

Life: The blanket sounds wonderful and Happy Birthday!

Ive got to run, hope I did not forget anyone but have a great day all!
  • Morning, turtles

Chilly up here but not too bad overall. I have lots more leaf raking to do this weekend, amazing how they accumulate so fast. Did Zumba last night
    and have Tops tonight - our meeting is going to be about Glycemic Index
    so should be interesting, not expecting much at the scales since my home
    scales show I am up again. My goodnesss, just seems I am totally stuck
    lately. I have walked 8 miles this week & my Zumba class so was hoping to do better. Anyway - it is what it is.

Lauren - Aging parents is a concern, so far I been lucky with my mom
    she is 79 and in good health and my stepdad is younger than her but he seems to have more health issues than her but so far they manage on their own. We have programme in our area of home care which I don't know much about but also one that I am looking into at the moment. It is called Friendly Visitor and it is volunteer & basically what I would do is commit to a once a week visit with someone they match me with & do what they like to do. Such as play cards, do crafts, help them with meal prep, chat etc. More a social thing for them.

Princess - good luch tonight at your weigh in! You have been doing great.

Terri - glad your procedure went well.

Judy - congrats on your weigh loss this week and great getting in your walking.

After Tops tonight I am 10 pin bowling with my gfs - lots of fun & free for 2 games for the ladies, which is even better.

Have a great Thursday.
  • Terri, glad you've got good news from your procedure. Keep on keepin' on.
    OP and is the way to go!

Princess, so glad you got the lacy knitting project back under control. Yeah, I'm with you with the celery sticks. I'm going to peel some carrots and get some celery ready. last night I had an extra JC snack and it showed on the scale this morning. It's a rigid system, but I have been losing weight so I have to stay on the straight and narrow. I'm also going to have a cup of boullion when I get hungry. Good luck with : tonight.

Bandit, so nice of you to think about volunteering. You're I hope your scale moves soon. It really should with all your exercising.

Okay, gotta run----best to everyone today! : and
    Judy
    234.6/186/179 and thinner
  • Hi everyone! I just got home from work and was checking my emails & etsy store. It seems I got an order today. 5 bookworms! Yay!

I promise to post tomorrow. After WI!!! Which....I'm treading!!!

Have a great night!
    Thinking of everyone and hoping you are having a great OP day!

jeanne
  • Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Another very cold morning here with temps below freezing and the a thick layer of frost but I think it is supposed to warm up a bit as the sun comes up... off early this morning to babysit and play with the grandbaby then home to get a few more things done around the house.

Weigh in did not go as well as I had hoped last night, I stayed the same which as we all know is better than a gain but I was still looking for a bit of a downward movement on the scale. I know I need to kick up the exercise so will try that along with adding more protein and veggies.

I hope that everyone has a great day today and an enjoyable weekend. We are a bit busy this weekend with babysitting tomorrow night and then going to DH brothers house on Sunday to watch the football game but I will get online when I can to see what everyone is up to.
  • Good Morning Turtles,
    Oh, I love the sound of that phrase. WE're doing great. When I come here it's a reminder that although I haven't done well this month, there are wonderful people out there who understand the struggle. And you understand the need to apply myself to my biggest problems. I'd been dealing with an emotional issue and I am quite sure I've got it where it belongs in my life. That means I can go ahead and use food for what it is intended. I love that dh and I are getting out to the boardwalk to walk almost daily at this point. Today is another good and pretty day here in NY.Today I'm going Thanksgiving grocery shopping for the staples. I'll bake a couple of things and freeze them. This year I am going to make a zero point pumpkin soup to start the meal. I know it will help me to eat less for our traditional dinner.

Princess, I'm sorry the scale didn't budge, but that usually means for me that next week will be a nice loss of over a pound. Your exercise is great and you're doing so well. That "click" was good and loud.

Jar, I'll have to check you out on Etzy. What fun. Good luck on your WI.

Okay, I"m off to keep on writing my "novel". It's really a lot of fun.
    Take care.
    Judy
    234.6/186/179 and thinner I want to lose 2# this week. I'll have to work very hard to do that!
  • Morning turtles

Beautiful day up here, sunny & crisp. I have painters here today & hopefully that will go smoothly. What a job getting ready for that (so many nicknacks)

Was down 1# last night at my weigh in so was surprised since my home scale did not show any loss. We are starting a new contest at Tops next week,
    so hoping that will give me some extra motivation.

Princess- As Judy said, you should be down extra next week & you are doing awesome with your exercise. Have a nice weekend with your family.

Judy - nice you dropped those pesky pounds & also are getting in lots of walking, your boardwalk sounds lovely & everytime you post NY I think of
    Sex & The City (love that show) Still watch all the reruns.

Jar - good luck on your weigh in

Dancing tomorrow and doing Swiss Chalet first - and that is faily easy place
    to stay on track (keep away from the fries)

All - sending everyone "skinny vibes" - lets do it!
  • BAndit, : and and and I'm so happy with eating right and lots of you lost a pound after all. It's so tricky to watch a scale at home and be disappointed. Lots of times in the past when that happened to me, I'd be down and eat over it. That guaranteed that the scale wouldn't show me what I wanted. So glad you didn't do that!

Okay, we're off to the boardwalk. Honestly, our Thanksgiving shopping was huge and then I packed things for the freezer and then for the garage. I guess I overdo Thanksgiving, but I love the holiday and I know the kids and we enjoy this dinner once a year. Shopping seemed like today. Lol.
    Judy
    234.6/186/179 and thinner Hey, Bandit you and I are identical on the scales. Weigh to go!
  • Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. Just doing a quick run through the thread.

Lauren sorry about your parent's do they not qualify for any type of social services? Sorry I don't know much about how the other side of those things work. But meals on wheels also I know sometimes churches and community programs have volunteers.

To everyone who has lost and managed to exercise this week. Congrats.

I am restarting on Monday for some reason I my legs have been swelling lately. Which is bothering me a little bit. Makes it a little uncomfortable while trying to sleep. The weather went from the 70s to like the 50s so it has thrown my body all off again.

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow. I have a long weekend of work. So I will probably resurface around monday. Everyone have a good weekend.
  • Good morning morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! Just a very quick check in to see what is going on and wish everyone a happy weekend... Things got busy for me all of the sudden so I need to get moving.

Have a great day all!
  • Yeah, me too. I joing Life4evr and Princess in being super busy. I"m not quite sure what to do next, but I want to say that yesterday was perfect except for one tiny mini pretzel. Lol. I'm hoping for a good weight loss this week to redeem my month.

Best to all . Have a great OP day!
    Judy
    234.6/186/179 and thinner. I've got to do this!!!
  • Morning ladies

Painting done & next week getting kitchen cupboards done as well. Then
    will be all set to get into the Christmas decorating. Nice & sunny again,
    so loving it.

Lots of errands today & dancing tonight with the ladies. So fun weekend, overall.

Have a great weekend & lets all try and stay on track!