Carb Cycling

• Morning All, I was watching Dr Oz last week and he had on Chris Powell ...he was talking about his new book and carb cycling? Any of you ever heard of it or tried it? He said that is how he got all those super obese people to lose weight on Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition ( he was trainer ) ...book doesnt come out until 12/27 but I have been going on the internet and checking around

Apparently you have one high carb day, then a low carb the next and so on and so on ...

Anybody heard of this or have experience with?

Thanks,
    Carri
  • i saw that episode. i haven't been able to find much on it either. would be interested in it.
  • You know... I've tried this unintentionally and while it works... for ME it = emotional rollercoaster. I'd be interested to see what he says in the book.
  • I will buy the book when it comes out in December just to see what it entails...
  • I saw the episode as well and it sounds interesting. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts on the book when it comes out Satine. I think it would be ideal for me since I have tried low carb and can't last more than a few days. A Google search did produce some results, some have a high, moderate and low carb day others high and low. I think I will have to define what high, moderate and low would be for me and experiment.
    An Amazon.com seach produce a book called The Carb Cycling Diet: Balancing Hi Carb, Low Carb, and No Carb Days for Healthy Weight Loss by Dr. Roman Malkov. It has only two reviews but it might be worth looking into