#267 Bale of Turtles Meeting the Challenge!

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Good morning everyone!!!! I am so in on the pound a week! That would be great!!!!

Down -2#!!!!

bandit - walking & Zumba in the same day....good for you!

life4ever - so glad your feeling better. I think I have a sinus thing going on right now. Woke up with a little bit of a headache!!!

Princess - glad you got the coat and got out of Dodge too! hahah! I lol when I read that! Socks!!!!! Something I've never tried! I've looked at the pattern and I think I'm too lazy to sew in the heel! haha! Actually the sock yarn seems like it is so thin and I don't know if I could "see" to work with the small needle?!?!?!?

Lauren - I hope your back is feeling better!

Taylor - Yes! I make the fingerless gloves in crochet! I wish I could knit! I have all colors.....you tell me what you like and I WOULD LOVE TO MAKE THEM!!!!!!

Terri - Urgh to the prep.....Yay to the instant weight loss!!!! I had one last year.....not so pleasant, but we do sleep through it! lol!

Itry - Good job planning ahead for dh's birthday! Ahhhhh, cake!

Cherry - How was WI?

I sure hope I didn't miss anyone! Please forgive me if I did!!!! It's so busy that if you miss a day (or even several hours) you can get lost! haha! But.....I love it here! You are all so supportive & kind! **shhhhh, don't tell my girls from the chatters forum I said that!!! ......(I love them too)!

Have a great day and a wonderful w/e!!!! The weather "here" is suppose to be beautiful! I hope the same for all of you!

Jeanne
  • Hey All TGIF

Judy Yep salt gets us all!!! If you don't mind me asking what program are you following?

Bandit I ended up in emerg with belly pain, diarreha, had a ct scan that showed an inflammed section of bowel, stool testing came back normal(they were thinking food poisioning). So having colonoscopy so they can do pathology on that section of bowel. I am really paying attention to what I eat and what happens to my body after, soooo well see.

Princess Only a bit of rain here yesterday but below zero over night! Chilly morning today!

Glad to see everyone posting as usual will try to get on later to check on everyone!!! Hve a great wkend everyone!!!

Terri
  • Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all... this is just a quick check in as I am heading out the door to Aquafit and then meet DH for lunch, then home to do my house cleaning and laundry so I have a full day but will get back on this evening to catch up and get some posting done for each Turtle - we all have so much going on!

I was down 1.2 lbs last night at weigh in and I was pretty proud of that because not many lost in the group with Halloween and all... I need to step up the exercise though and add in another day I think since my body is getting used to what I have been doing.

Running out the door now but back in a bit!
  • Happy Friday everyone

Jar - congrats on your loss this week, awesome!

Terri - good to deal with things when we have to, then go from there - hope
    you are feeling better.

Princess - great loss for you too! And love that you are getting in lots of exercise, that really helps.

As for myself, I turtled last night at our meeting so was alittle disappointed -
    I really felt/thought I would be down some. But was happy not to have gained since I did overdo it last weekend. That is my biggest downfall, the weekends - do great during the week, so my goal this week is to stay somewhat OP over the weekend.

All - hope you all were down at the scales.

Well, I have black bean chili in my crockpot (so hope that tastes good - lots of fibre) and plan on raking leaves today since it is sunny.
    As Terri said it was frosty this am but by this afternoon should be OK to spend time in the yard.

Have a good Friday!
  • Hi Turtles,
    We are continuing to hop here---is that a form of exercise?

Jar, down 2# : Weigh to go. I am so happy for you. You are burning up the scale. Hey, feel better soon.

Terri, I switched over to Jenny Craig. The first 8 weeks I followed it pretty much to the T. The last couple of weeks I've had even more social things going on and I've gained weight. I like the program, but I don't have a family to cook for. It's just me and my dh and he eats simple foods that I don't mind making for him. If I do everything right and my weight loss stalls, I 'll switch to something else. I need to get my weight off now.

Princess, : a nice weight loss the week of Halloween. Weigh to go! You're doing great. I'm so glad you heard that "click". Stepping up is also key. I'm doing that too.

Bandit, glad you've got a realistic plan in place for the weekend. You follow through with that and you'll be down 2# next WI. Yay!

I had a great day, foodwise, yesterday and also got to boardwalk for 1 1/2miles. Today I plan to do the same. Also started my new novel on NaNoWriMo on November 1st. I'm on word count and have to get there today and write more. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, Na...... is the National Novel Writing Month. It's a free organization whose idea is to write 50,000 words in one month. You send in a daily word count, and if you reach the 50,000 words you get a certificate acknowledging that. Writing a book two years ago was a great esteem booster for me and I'm loving that I'm trying it again. Today will be a great OP day for me. Tomorrow I've got it planned out. Dh wants a lemon meringue pie for his and it's not my favorite, so I'll have a JC dessert. Okay,

to everybody!!!!!!!! Have a great OP day. I'm trying to get in my water, , and OP Good luck to all of us!!!!
    Judy
    \???/???/179 and thinner. Gotta do this!
  • Judy, I've heard good things about JC from friends who've done it. As with all diet plans that provide your food, it is tricky going off it. I did Pure Foods Fresh Start for more than 2 years, and I did great on it. But coming off it has been hard. Look at you walk! And you get to walk on a boardwalk, too; how cool is that? Are you near the ocean? I need a green-with-envy icon ...

So good to see losers here! Great job!

More stuff going on with my parents; got a very disturbing email last night. Had a long talk with my mom today about whether it was a good idea to get a pacemaker for my Pop, given his growing dementia. Boy, this stuff is hard. Was up at 4 a.m. Gack.

Had a good day yesterday foodwise; today not as good. I know it's emotional.

Heading to DMIL's tonight for the weekend; she lives over the border in Canada (hello, Bandit!). Haven't seen her in a while; it will be good to catch up. I really admire how she's growing old. One of my role models.

Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend, everyone!
  • Ok, house is cleaned, got my Aquafit class in and met DH for lunch, now I am working on laundry and looking forward to the weekend. We did 15 minutes of Water Walking today in Aquafit, that is a serious workout!

Judy: You are doing so good and this time of year seems to be a busy time for you with the social and family things, I think that you have done really well so far, I think that the exercise is key for you with all of the food functions but that is just a quess on my part.

Bandit: Im sorry that you did not see a loss on the scale last night, I hate when that happens - when you expect to see a lower number and don't get it! I bet if you hold tight to the plan this weekend and increase your water big time you will see a big loss by next week! Good luck with those leaves, I have a yard full again and just got them all picked up... ugh. Oh well, keeps me busy!

Lauren: Parents are a tough one, my mom is ageing and we are dealing with certain aspects of it, it is not easy at all. I hope your weekend goes great!

Cherry: What are you up to this weekend?

Lots: Hope you are doing well!

Jeanne: Any plans for the weekend? Huge congrats on the loss, that is just fantastic for you to drop 2 lbs! I am working on a pair of fingerless gloves right now that are being made is sport weight wool, midnight blue, they are very pretty and my first attempt at knitting any kind of gloves. The socks that I knit are more hiking weight socks and I make them out of a worsted weight wool in a ribbed pattern so they move with the person. I will try and get pictures taken and posted of them.

Taylor: How are you feeling? Your husband sounds like a real sweetheart! I hope that you are able to get some exercise in and also some rest as I am sure that you need both of them at this point.

Life: How are you doing? You sound busy with all of your Christmas prep! I am doing that too since I am not working right now I have time to get my knitting moving.

Terri: I sure hope you get to feeling better! I have not had one of those done yet but DH has and you are right - he slept through the procedure and does not remember it at all. The prep was not as bad as it used to be from what we were told and he got thru it pretty well. Hope things go well for you!

I have to run, I hope I did not forget anyone! Have a great weekend all!
  • Lauren, yes, I remember when you did the food delivery program. I like Jenny Craig very much. It makes food prep a snap. I buy a bag of oranges and a bag of apples and some yogurt. When my lunch is micro-waving, I make up a huge salad. For dinner I microwave some veggies and my dinner and combine them. I must admit I would love a piece of real meat, etc. but this program shows me how very little I need to eat in order to lose weight.
    I think I can go "off" once in a week. What happened this past week is that we had three social occasions that I didn't do badly, but wasn't OP. That and the lack of time to exercise played havoc at the scale. I'm doing well now. Two great days down. I have tomorrow planned out. As I'm doing this I am thinking of the replacement foods I could eat in place of JC. Before I never used frozen foods except veggies. Now I realize I could have made this much easier on myself. I am counting on being able to do WW
    maintenance. we'll see. I've got at least 40# to lose before I need to think of that.

My dh and I live in the center of Long Island. We're twenty minutes from the sound and twenty minutes to the closest ocean. I love it here. I've never visited anywhere that I liked better. No place like home....and all that jazz. The boardwalk is ideal for me since I stumble easily on the street.

Have a good time with your mil. I'm so sorry to hear about your Pop's health. I remember when they moved to be closer to you and your dh. : to get through this the best you can.

Princess, thanks for the reminder about exercise. It's so easy to let that go what with everything else that is going on. My dh and I were actually getting out of the car at the boardwalk when a message came through from our dd. She needed us to watch our grandson because she needed a procedure unexpectantly. We drove immediately to get him. she's fine, minor surgery done, driving home to rest right now. We'll keep him overnight and then see what tomorrow brings. I'd like to hop on the to keep my going. That may not work. I'll see.

Terri, I've had a colonoscopy and it really wasn't bad at all. I'm sending : that they find what is bothering you and that you get better real soon.

Okay, gotta have fun with grandson. just wanted to check in.

Have a lovely weekend. Let's all keep on keepin' on and remember water,
    exercise and good food. We can do this. We are doing this!
    Judy
    ?????/????/179 and thinner
  • Terri - Sorry you aren't feeling so well. I hope they get your stomach issues figured out.

Judy- Love your optimistic thinking right now. Thanks for the encouragement.

Princess- I am not really sure what we are going to be up to this weekend. Sometimes it is nice just to get some "me" time.

Jeanne- Congrats on the 2 pounds down! Great job. I will post my weigh in tomorrow. My weigh in day was saturday before we started the Friday weigh in thread.

Bandit- Weekend eating can be hard for me to. I know it is hard to be happy about a maintain but it is so much better than a gain. Your doing great just keep doing the best you can.

Life4evr and Lots2go - How are you ladies doing this week? Hope you are both ok.

Taylor- What do you plan to do this weekend? How did weigh in go?

I tend to sneak lots of peeks on the scale so I know how my body reacts to things. Today looked good for this week and I will check tomorrow for my offical weigh in this week. Considering the hard time I had with cravings this past week I am proud of any loss I may get. Will be back tomorrow to post again.
  • Wow remind me not to get sick to often because you miss a whole lot of going on in here..LOL.. so much activity it's awesome!!

I want to say I am over the hill and coming around the curve on the road to feeling better.. now it's settled into my chest and has become a pesky chest cough.. one of those that wakes you in the middle of the night for a good spell and then stops.. I'm trying the vicks on the feet with socks trick tonight to see if that works.. I have gotten out to exercise.. today was just beautiful so I did one of our "country" blocks which = 6 miles... it was awesome and only felt like I was coughing up my lungs twice on the trip .. SO YEAHHH... came home showered and that was if for the night for me..lol with my dh in the fields I can chillax right out... I did peek today on the scale but I'm not going to post til I do my official w/i on Monday but I am down.. was surprised by that because I felt like my body was holding alot of fluids and my appetite wasn't there..sometimes you hear how the body holds on because it thinks its in starvation mode.. UGH

Princess - wow you've been booking and moving and that is just terrific.. 15 minutes aqua walking sounds like it would really work the legs and get the heart pumping..

Itryharder - that book sounds so interesting... glad your able to get to the boardwalk when you can and I do hope your daughter is resting and going to be okay..

Banditt - sorry to hear things didn't move but I bet that means next week will be a big woosh.. I hear it's to be beautiful this w/e so have fun out in the yard.. I love the colour of the leaves right now.. my dd who lives in Calgary has had snow twice in the last week... I told her she could keep it for a while..lol

Cherry - glad to see your doing better.. have the children been outside enjoying all the sunshine? this weekend will likely be a low key one for me.. I work part of the day tomorrow and then with my dh taking the crops off unless I go for rides in the combine, I don't see to much of him.. we text alot thru the day just to touch base.. if it's as nice as they say it's going to be well then I will venture out for another walk and see where it leads me...

Jeanne - congrats on your loss.. must of been from all that cheering your STEELERS on to beat the Patriots..lol.... do you remember the Canadian gloves they had for the Olympics.. they were red with the Maple Leaf in white on them.. is there any way you could recreate that in a fingerless glove style.. if so that would be awesome.. msg me on fb with the details of price and what not and we can go from there..

Lauren - hello.. sorry to hear about your dad.. I remember when we found out news about my father how hard it was to deal with.. you just move forward one day at a time.. I hope things work out well for them..

Terri - sorry to hear your not feeling well .. my dad is scheduled for one of those in December.. first one that I know of in our family but friends of mine have had it done and they all seem to say it's gotten better over the course of the years in the way the procedure is done.. good luck and keep us posted on what they find..

I hope everyone else is doing great!! Have a wonderful evening!
  • Good Morning Ladies! Headed out to work....NO DONUTS.....I think I can, I think I can.....I KNOW I can! ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Just wanted to wish everyone a great day and I'll catch up tonight!

Taylor - I have those gloves. Another 3FC'er on my other forum sent them to everyone in our group! Love them! I am sure I "can't" make the leaf. I'll look tho....If I could find a white maple leaf that could be sewn onto my red fingerless gloves...that would work. I'll letcha' know!

Talk more after work! Have a great day! PS - We fall back tonight!

Jeanne
  • Good morning everyone and happy Saturday to you all! It is very cold here this morning with lots of frost on the back deck. Even the dogs are snuggled up this morning and looking at my like I am nuts for making them go out to go potty... LOL.

I am off to the grocery store this morning and then home to get DH, we are going to help some friends do some painting today so I won't get to go to the gym or knitting group it looks like but they do so much for us that I am thrilled to be able to return the favor.

I hope that everyone is feeling better, getting in some "me" time and looking forward to a wonderful weekend!

Judy: I sure hope your DD is feeling better and it was so nice of you to drop everything and help out like that... You are doing so great that I am sure if it is the boardwalk or the treadmill you will get some "you" time in.

Jeanne: So NO to the doughnuts... LOL, ugh, it is so hard to do and one of my most favorite things is a good doughnut! Stay strong!

Taylor: You are so good, if it was me I would have my butt on the couch till I felt better lol... you are very commited and it will show on the scale!

Cherry: I hear yah! I love the weekends when we have no plans - enjoy yours and I hope it turns out to be a fantastic weekend for you and the family!

Have a great day all!
  • Hi Gals,
    We're really hopping, so I'll start a new thread. See you all over at #268 Bale of Turtles Doing Just Fine!
    Judy