Weight Loss Confessions

You're on Page 7 of 10
Go to
  • I confess that sometimes I feel like throwing in the towel because thinner won't equal younger and I feel that I've lost my youth, so why bother.

I confess that I was late leaving for work this morning because I got caught up trying on old clothes.

I confess that I sang a "welcome back friend" song, out loud to my old clothes that I could fit into again.
  • i confess that when i lose a few pounds, i eat loads of crap and gain it back with a quickness. Not sure why unless im scared to lose weight for some reason.

I confess that when we were teens (i weighed 130) my sister made fun of me for being fat and now in our 40's she is only 30 lbs lighter than me and im secretly happy about it even tho that mortifies me.

I confess i hardly ever exercise... even walking ...cause i just cant be bothered..how sad is that?? im lazy cause im fat and sedentary, and i know that... but wont do crap to fix it..i keep saying..' tomorrow im gonna walk'

i was never the kind of woman that needed a man to make me happy, or complete me, but... i left my hubby 3.5 years ago, and i am so bloody lonely but feel no man will ever want me again..which makes me sad so i eat...

i have always been a pretty strong woman in most facets of my life, but this weight thing, and smoking, really makes me mad that i havnt been able to get a handle on it. i feel like a weakling...

the most embarrasing... because i am so lonely, i made out with a 26 year old kid last november... he said he wanted me to lose 100 lbs and he would date me...and i actually considered it ...omg...how humiliating...26? and im not good enough to date fat but would have to lose 100? i am so mad at myself for actually considering it... when i lose weight, it will be for ME...NO ONE else... the cheeky bugger lol

wow...that feels good to type it out...albeit a little humiliating lol...im sure there will be more later
  • I confess that I didn't join this forum for a long time, just because I didn't like the name.

I confess that I hide this website from my husband & co-workers because the name feels a bit humiliating. Or maybe just too descriptive.

(Even though I AM a "fat chick." Sigh.)
  • Hmmmm...

~ I confess also to always looking around and seeing how I compare to all the others. Even when I'm comparing myself to someone 20 years younger, I always seems to never measure up - even if I'm at a good weight.

~ I confess I secretly get upset with friends who do lose weight and look great. I know it's my own frustration with myself but it feels like ugly jealousy.

~ I confess that for a woman in her 40's, I should feel more comfortable in my own skin - but I don't!

~ I confess I'm gonna get injectables to help with the neck up
  • Gosh...here goes
    I confess that after losing 145lbs I want some attention. I'm not getting it from DH so hope to get it elsewhere...
    I confess to hating my naked body, despite working out four times a week
    I confess to being obsessed by the smell of pizza. My family had pizza for dinner and I had a plate of broccoli. I had a hissy fit !!
    I confess that I'm not cured - this problem will remain with me until I die. I am obsessed with food.
    Feeling sad
  • Problems...
    This is so interesting to read. Since we are all on different stages of this journey I can't help but learn from each of you wise ladies.

"starbrite" says that even now, when she is within 10# of her goal weight, she STILL obsesses over food. I find this upsetting because, as a person on the starting end of the process, I would like to think that it gets easier as I go along. Like a new habit becomes just part of your daily life and you don't have to consider it much.
    To hear that, most likely anyhow, that will not be the case is upsetting/frustrating/maddening all at once. Know what I mean?
  • I confess that I compare myself to 20-something and 30-something women who are in fabulous shape, perhaps athletes, but who obviously have spent a fair amount of time creating and maintaining their well toned physique, and I allow myself to become discouraged. Even though I was never an athlete, was never in very good physical shape and only became totally serious about physical fitness about 2 years ago, and don't look half bad for a woman my age and level of fitness.

And healthyangie, I have used injectables and it was money well spent. I need a re-do.
  • Quote: I confess that I compare myself to 20-something and 30-something women who are in fabulous shape, perhaps athletes, but who obviously have spent a fair amount of time creating and maintaining their well toned physique, and I allow myself to become discouraged. Even though I was never an athlete, was never in very good physical shape and only became totally serious about physical fitness about 2 years ago, and don't look half bad for a woman my age and level of fitness.

And healthyangie, I have used injectables and it was money well spent. I need a re-do.
    We sound an aweful lot alike! The injectables are going to be my Christmas present to myself. No more debating .... Thanks
  • I don't know what injectables are...

Syndehat, I think it gets easier in some ways but still hard in others, it's good to have a healthy fear of re-gaining, if you don't you're destined to go there.

I wanted to mention to Guacamole, I read the first page and skipped to the last, she was going to delete if no one responded in a couple days, I wonder how she feels this thread has been going on for a YEAR or so! Wow, what a great thing she did starting it, thanks!

I confess - deep, deep down I'm scared s***less about gaining back, even though up front I'm sure this is going to be the last time I have to lose this much.

I confess - watching extreme makeover weightloss edition, I got scared about skin surgery since everyone of them had to have it, but since I'm slow and steady it seems my skin is responding well. maybe it's just because they lose so much so fast...

I confess - I used to be a secret eater, eating something in the car, stopping somewhere to throw out the wrappers so DH wouldn't know I had something in the car, even if it wasn't that bad.

I confess - I have a little fear of becoming addicted to weight loss, I really want to be fit and healthy, I don't want to succumb to doing something for fast loss that will throw me off the lifestyle change aspects, I fear the addictive aspects of my food problems could show up in an unhealthy way down the road.

thanks!
  • I confess that I have been dreaming about food lately- specifically candy and cookies, and I wake up with horrible pangs of guilt as if I'd actually eaten them. I have to remind myself it wasn't real and that dream calories don't count.
  • I have also purchased food and thrown away wrappers before anyone could see them. Or I've hidden food so, a) no one else would eat it and, b) no one would know I was eating it. Like an alcoholic hiding bottles. I'd eat in private.

Injectables would be Botox, Botox-like products, and injectable fillers. I did Botox and I'm saving for fillers. Fillers are quite a bit more expensive.
  • kelijpa - I had forgotten about that! Yeah, for a few days I was left hanging and thought about deleting this thread! I'm glad I didn't.
  • I posted too much, so I'm un-posting that. But it was good to get it off my chest, anyway, after all these years.
  • thanks for the info twinieten, I was wondering

and thanks again guacamole for the thread!
  • I confess that now that I'm so close to my goal weight, I feel smug. I look at the people who called me obsessed and the people who have told me I'm doing things wrong, I'm not healthy, I need to stop losing weight....the negative feedback, the negative people... I look at them and I feel vindicated. And yes, I feel smug. I have accomplished what I set out to accomplish, and they're pretty much the same. They're talking about what they want to do, but they aren't doing it.

Maybe it's true that I'm not obsessed. I'm determined.