Super Veggie Mix

• I am looking for some ways of incorporating the super veggie mix...
    Any recipes? What do you mix it with?
    I'm having a hard time overcoming the "greenness" of it
  • Quote: I am looking for some ways of incorporating the super veggie mix...
    Any recipes? What do you mix it with?
    I'm having a hard time overcoming the "greenness" of it
    You can mix with any of your HNS drinks...I don't tolerate the green real well, either...so I buy the fruit/veggie mix and add it to an orange HNS. Yum!

Tami
  • I tried to mix the Veggie Drink with my HNS and hated it. Then you're stuck drinking it because it's your HNS. I usually just mix it with about 3oz. of water, hold my nose and shoot it. That was in the beginning and now I can tolerate it a little more but still mix it with just a little water.
  • this is a dumb question but can't you just drink a V-8 or is that a total no no on this plan? i don't want to ask at the center and get yelled at! :-) if not, can i order this veggie supplement from Diet Direct?
  • I am guessing that V-8 has a lot of sodium...??
  • Quote: I am guessing that V-8 has a lot of sodium...??
    you can get low sodium V-8....it's so good! i add pepper, celery seed, hot sauce, throw a celery stick in there and have a mock bloody mary! :-)
  • Can't stand the veggie mix and I have a whole bottle (bought on Amazon)..thanks for the tips. I'll mix with my HNS when I get them.
  • Quote: Can't stand the veggie mix and I have a whole bottle (bought on Amazon)..thanks for the tips. I'll mix with my HNS when I get them.
    can you make veggie soup w/ it? add the chicken soup and the veggie stuff together and cut up some veggies, throw it all in the crock pot w/ some chicken :-)
  • It's a green grass based mix, so I'm not sure how that would work..
  • I have the veggie/fruit one and that stuff is nasty. The only way I can eat it is mixed with an HNS. Thankfully I only use it when I'm low on fresh stuff..
  • Quote: It's a green grass based mix, so I'm not sure how that would work..
    so it'd be like green soup? haha, that would be interesting. kind of like the blue soup that Bridget Jones made (Bridget Jone's Diary) :-)
  • Quote: can you make veggie soup w/ it? add the chicken soup and the veggie stuff together and cut up some veggies, throw it all in the crock pot w/ some chicken :-)
    Not unless you want a strong mint-flavored soup. :-) I've been wondered how to tone down the taste, too. One consultant told me to add lemon or lime juice and that helps a little.
  • Very Yummy....I bought the super fruit mix..(chocolate) and mix it with a "fiber" HNS...tastes like chocolate covered cherries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best of all, it is good for us! I have one every afternoon now...and it helps to keep me regular!