I just love diet pop!

• Really never thought I'd say that!

The carbonation helps me feel fuller longer and the caffeine helps keep me going in the afternoon. I don't drink much really. I didn't even have any yesterday. When I'm having a 'hungry' day I usually drink a soda or two.

What tricks do you have to help keep the hungers away?
  • Water.

Popcorn.

Kind of sad, but really, that's what I've been doing so far.
  • I like Myntz breathmints - vanillamynt. I buy them at trader Joe's and when I feel hungry, I suck on one of those. Three pieces is 5 calories and a tin survives over a month (there are 75 pieces in a tin).
  • Oh, and I just recently discovered sugar free jello for when I want something sweet and to fill my stomach. Two servings is 40 calories and does the trick.
  • Well I actually take a moment to reflect on how long it has been since I ate and if it is actual hunger I am feeling. if I am actually hungry, and not a thousand other reasons that make me want to eat, then I have my snack. If I determine that it is not actual hunger then I think of what I actually want (a nap, some exercise, to vent, to cry, something to do, etc) and I try to give myself that.

I have lived too many years not truly listening to my body and giving it what it actually needs. I am trying to not do that anymore. Oh and sometimes it is actually chocolate that I want/need and I have some (emphasizing some I just work it into my snack/meal.
  • I really try to avoid hunger (snacking regularly) because that's when I'm the most vulnerable. That being said when I want to eat out of boredom/stress then I chew on gum or grab a cup of coffee.
  • I drink Zero Calorie Power Aide, it fills me up. Have to watch the sodium in it if that is a problem for you but it works for me.
  • Pepsi Max. I will eventually cut it out when I've lost a lot of weight, but for now, it's working, and I'm slowly changing myself. I've tried changing everything at once, and it always backfires, so for now, I'm trying really hard to ingrain portion control, and not snacking just because I want something yummy or just because it's there.

I also avoid eating most of the day (If I can). If I eat too early, I'll want to graze all day, so I usually will have a small snack meal in the middle of the day (like fruit and Greek yogurt, or something junkie if I'm craving it), and then a nice-sized dinner (like two burritos with lots of veggies in them), and maybe a small dessert if I'm really craving it.