question for those who have lost a lot of weight

• Hi,

For the people here who have lost a lot of weight-I was wondering, did you need to drastically cut your calories as you got thinner? I currently eat about 1600 calories a day. I know I could lose faster if I cut it to 1400, but then I get too hungry, end up cheating and eating way more than 1600.

I also need to do more exercise. I'm currently riding my exercise bike 20 minutes a day, six days a week.

Thanks,
    Sherry
  • For me I havne't found the need to go under 1600 cals. At pretty much any weight even near goal you will still lose with 1600cals per day every day. If you want to lose a bit faster up the exersize by all means. I haven't so much changed my cals but my exersize as I've gotten slimmer and fitter. I started with 20mins now I usually get an hour in perday some times 90 mins. I think it's alot easyier to burn up an extra 200 cals per day then it is to miss out on 200 cals worth of food. Keep up the good work!

Kitty
  • I agree with Kitty... I haven't reduced my food intake (well, I am following the WW plan, so Points are reduced gradually), but I have definitely increased my exercise.