The Step Diet

• Good evening!

Has anyone tried The Step Diet before? It's a plan based on adding more steps to your daily routine and each week you add in more steps until finally at some point down the road you are walking 10,000 steps a day?? I tried it a few years ago and just loved it. I'm currently on a portioned controlled diet but I need to add in some exercise but I really hate to work out so after taking the kids to the park today and walking the trail I remembered how much I like to walk. So I dusted off my book and pedometer and plan on doing my "average" week tomorrow through friday (just take your normal steps each day with your pedometer on to get a starting average of daily steps for the diet so you can improve on that number in week 2)
    So anyway, it would be great to have some stepping buddies to do this with, so what do you say?
  • I found wearing a pedometer that 10,000 steps were not that hard you will walk several thousand steps just in your daily routine, unless you are a total couch potato.
  • Yeah with my desk job I'm pretty sedentary each day so I like getting creative to add in some extra steps and keep myself moving. Just anything to burn a few extra calories each week to boost my weight loss
  • After my base week I found I'm walking less than 2000 steps a day on average!! I didn't realize I was a slave to my work and desk like that! I often forget to take a lunch and just work through it and stay late, man I've got to get more active! So this starts my real week on the step diet, I add 2000 steps to my base which is 3848 steps a day so I'm excited to find more ways to get some movement in and in the next 12 weeks i'll be well over 10,000 steps a day so I'm excited to do this. If anyone wants to join me feel free! Its a great plan to move more
  • I have 2 pedometers sitting on my desk! Maybe I'll put them on and give it a try!
  • You should! Its a very easy way to get some exercise in, this week I've suprised myself with going over my steps by 2000 a day! Just by taking the kids to the park to play and I'll walk while they enjoy the equipment.