Hello from Montana

• Hey guys. I've been posting on the Ideal Protein thread. Found this one and thought I'd check it out.
    I've lost 33 lbs on IP. Long way to go still but I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I'm hoping to be able to get out hunting this season. Last year I was so heavy it was almost scary out there thinking I might have a heart attack or something. General season opens on the 22nd. I should be down to 375 by then. That's about 40lbs less than last year.
    I'm also noticing how much more comfortable it is on my motorcycle. Doing things around the house is getting easier too, though I'm not telling that to the wife yet.
  • As you lose, you'll find yourself "stepping back in time". Old clothes fit again. The image in the mirror resembles how you remember yourself. You feel more mobile, like when you were young. It *is* worth it!
  • You're right. I have lots of old clothes that I kept to fit into someday. I'm already getting close with some of them. And I am more mobile. A month ago a flight of stairs would put me out of breath. At work I'd hope no one wanted to talk to me after going up. Now I go up and down with no problems. I also go for mile walks at break.
  • Darrel (tykesplace) - Congrats on those 33 pounds gone forever. Hope you make it out during this hunting season.
  • I will make it out. Opening day is tomorrow. In my first post I said I'd be 375 by then. Yesterday I weighed in at 377. Close enough.
  • Yay for better hunting health! My hubby is a very avid hunter, I understand why your weight would be detrimental. It's hard work slogging through those woods!
  • You are doing great Tykesplace. There are so many reasons to keep at it.
    We were on a pretty grueling hunt a couple of weeks ago that I would not have been able to complete even just a few months ago.

I love Daway's step back in time comment, I found it so appropriate yesterday. I found a really nice sports coat circa 1990 in my wardrobe that still looks fashionably good and my jaw almost dropped when I could fit into it. I actually wore it to work and got at at least 3 l"looking good" comments.
  • Yes, I found an old belt from the 1990s that did not fit when I began the diet. It's a little scruffy to wear at work but I've started wearing it on the weekends and for going walking. Just a little reminder to keep me on track.

I noticed a few days ago that my shadow is smaller than it used to be. Now that was a weird feeling!
  • Quote: Yes, I found an old belt from the 1990s that did not fit when I began the diet. It's a little scruffy to wear at work but I've started wearing it on the weekends and for going walking. Just a little reminder to keep me on track.

I noticed a few days ago that my shadow is smaller than it used to be. Now that was a weird feeling!
    Steady progress darway, i hear you on the time travel. Looks like you are pretty much there. Congrats.