bingo arm ...um yea how to get rid of it...?

• so ive lost weight since i was preggo and i have that flabby stuff hanging now, i want to lose that and tone it before i lose any more weight.... suggestions? good workouts?
  • Congrats on your weight loss. Unfortunately, it takes a year to know just how much your skin will shrink after weight loss. even then, it probably won't be as much as you want. There is no risk at "bulking up" as a woman with weight training. You will maybe gain a 1/4 inch of muscle in a year with serious weight training. But what you will gain is strength, endurance and an empowering feeling - imo, much more important than looks.
  • Hi Candice, I know what you mean about the ol' bat wings. Those and my tummy have always been my problem areas. This video may interest you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB9-8UTW2AM It's from a woman that did T-Tapp and has lost several sizes with only a minimum of weight loss. She says she did this workout daily to lose a 1/4" per week on her arms for a few weeks in a row. Now, 1/4" may not sound like a lot, but for the arms it really is. I'm going to start doing it along with my Callanetics workouts.

Hope that helps.
  • Unfortunately you can't spot reduce! Caloric deficit (eating less than your body burns each day) is the only way to lose fat, but unfortunately we have no say over where that fat comes from. The body decides.

I wish it weren't the case- I'm 7 lbs from goal and I still have flab under my arms, boo!

Strength training is good for many reasons- it can help the body look more toned, it's important for joint and bone strength, etc. But neither strength training nor cardio will help spot-reduce fat deposits.
  • I used to have a lot of under arm flab, so I started doing push ups and dips every other day. I've had to wear a lot of strapless dresses lately (sooooo many weddings) and the pictures are actually coming out okay

Because I'm not using any additional weights with the exercises (just my body weight), I get a nice toning effect.
  • I, too, have been doing mainly push-ups for my arm exercises. I also do some sort of tricep exercise (usually extensions). My arms look pretty good now---MUCH better than they were. I've been doing this since June.
  • thanks everyone for the info and i will check out that video Sandy thanks )