So guilty after eating carbs!

• So I had a grain today and oh my do I feel guilty! Does that ever go away?? I made chicken quesadillas with a 100% whole wheat tortilla, lg cheese, chicken, tiny bit of turkey bacon, lots of tomato, green tomato salsa and raw onion and I feel like a slob now! . I quess I could have stuck in some more veggies, but please someone tell me it wasn't that bad! Lol.
  • It wasn't bad! lol. I feel this same way sometimes, even if it is a whole wheat, because carbs are so demonized. I do, however, remind myself that my body needs fiber and as long as I regulate my carbs and take in healthy ones I should not feel bad. Does that help at all?
  • That's helps except for the lol after you said it wasn't bad!!! Lol
  • The lol wasn't laughing at you though, it was laughing at the way food and eating makes us feel. It so funny, I just read someone's post about feeling guilty for eating too much healthy food, and I do this to. I feel guilty over eating too much healthy food, carbs even if they are whole grain, I sometimes feel like I can never do enough, but then I just have to laugh at myself and think oh wow, stop this, you are doing great, celebrate your healthy choices. Sometimes I have to laugh at the expectations I hold for myself because I lose sight of my goals in the midst of all those rules and taboos.
  • At least what you had was healthy. I drank a few beers on Saturday. DH and I were at a local club and everyone was having so... much fun. Hadn't had any alcohol in ~ 2 months except for 1/2 glass of champagne @ a wedding. I actually felt buzzed after 2 small draft beers. I should have eaten a ww tortilla instead!
  • It is normal! And you did good (I just eat a salad at some point with my snack or something)!!! Don't feel guilty for doing the right thing. Remember, Ph2 is something to LIVE ON!!!