I'm so so tired.. all the time

• I have been more "strict" with my diet.. and It's starting to ruin my life. lol I eat enough calories a day, but I'm eating A LOT less than I used to and I just feel tired. I have headaches, I can hardly keep my eyes open, bla bla bla. I know cutting out the caffeine isn't helping. But I'm trying so hard to only drink water. I also have been trying to take vitamins daily along with upping my fruit and veggie intake. I excersice in the morning and would love to jog around the block when I get home (espeically since its so cold here now) but by the time I get home. I'm completely drained. I've been working ALOT too (which I do know is part of the reason I'm so tired) I have an 18 month old who can be crazy too of course. But that's just part of it..

I just need to know how to stay energized. (without caffeine, or other supplements)
  • Hi. No suggestions, but when you find out, PLEASE let me know!

I'm right there with you, sweets! Maybe we'll get some good responses!
  • Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions, either. I know it was the right thing for my weight loss to give up diet soda, but I sure did like the energy it gave me, lol.
  • Hmmmm...sounds like you have a LOT on your plate. Did you ever think you're just tired all the time because you're burning the candle at both ends and ANYONE doing all that stuff would be exhausted! Short of stimulants, working out, working a lot at your job, and working at being a toddler mom is probably just going to make you tired! What a great thing you're doing, though! I am constantly amazed by people like you who are so motivated! Do you think you could reintroduce just a little caffeine- I've been drinking coffee with sugar free syrup and a little soymilk in the mornings and it really keeps me going for very few calories (and it keeps me from getting a caffeine withdrawal headache). Hopefully once your body gets used to not drinking caffeine and eating less sugar, the fog will lift a little. Drink lots of water- even mild dehydration can lead to fatigue. I know you said you're eating enough calories, but are you spreading some of them throughout the day so you don't get blood sugar crashes? Have you been tested for a thyroid problem lately? The normal range is often criticized as not being "normal" for everybody, and you might find that you need a little supplementation- it's a common problem for women. Also, have you tried taking B vitamin supplements? B vitamins really do help me with energy, and I'm not the type to really notice much of a difference with most other kinds of supplements/vitamins. Good luck!
  • When your 18 month old moves out you will be able to get more sleep and then you will feel better......

I think you describe alot of the population, you have an 18month old that in itself is enough to tire anyone out, plus you work as well, enough said! Of course your tired!

It is hard to stay awake sometimes, and the only thing I can suggest is make sure you get enough sleep. With a young one and a job that can be a challenge as well.

Sorry the news isnt better. But keep doing what you are doing though sounds like you are doing amazing!
  • Thanks ladies yeah I know what You mean. It is hard!! Saving up for Baby # 2 (thats why I'm losing weight) and a house.. PLUS Hubby tells me I need to quit my job and work part time because he thinks work is stressing me out. wahhh. Can I just come home, put on pjs, eat saltines, and watch NCIS on the couch. PLEASE
  • How many calories did you drop in one go? You mention that you are eating a lot less than before, perhaps its a combination of that and cutting out all your caffeine at once, it'a likely to be a noticeable (noticable?) difference. Might be a good idea to pick one of those things and do it gradually, then start the other and do it gradually, so you have a bit of time to adjust and get used to the change. You do have a lot on your plate and sometimes its important to do things slowly, make sure you do have time to relax and chill out, because no one wants to end up exhausted and burnt up, especially when you should be enjoying your 18 month old!

Sorry if this isnt written well >.< Just got home from work and sort of brain farting my 2c in
  • Quote: How many calories did you drop in one go? You mention that you are eating a lot less than before, perhaps its a combination of that and cutting out all your caffeine at once, it'a likely to be a noticeable (noticable?) difference. Might be a good idea to pick one of those things and do it gradually, then start the other and do it gradually, so you have a bit of time to adjust and get used to the change. You do have a lot on your plate and sometimes its important to do things slowly, make sure you do have time to relax and chill out, because no one wants to end up exhausted and burnt up, especially when you should be enjoying your 18 month old!

Sorry if this isnt written well >.< Just got home from work and sort of brain farting my 2c in
    To be honest.. i don't actually know how many calories I've cut back on.. I am thinking probably around 300 a day. Which doesnt seem like a lot. but probably is?? I know.. I keep trying to just relax and chill but I'm afraid if I don't go all gungho (??) about it I won't get any where.
  • I hope things get better.
  • Get your iron levels checked too!
  • Something that might work for you that works for me is treating your calories like money. You want the most bang for your buck. When you go grocery shopping next choose foods that are more likely to keep you full for a few hours, rather then the ones that you KNOW will have you sitting there at 10:30am saying "OMFG WHEN IS LUNCH?!" I have plain greek yogurt with kashi granola in the morning (and a bunch of splenda to make it sweet..) and that keeps me full AND energized for my mostly busy mornings. It certainly helps me to keep energy up.. I hope maybe it will help a little for you!
  • It sounds like you're just BUSY. I have a similar schedule as you do, minus the 18 month old, and honestly I applaud you for doing it without caffeine.

I've re-worked the types of calories I eat - I have a lot of lean protein, and I'm getting my carbs from fruits, vegetables and whole grain bread. I pack my lunches/snacks for work and I always have 2 servings of fruit in there - if I find myself getting sleepy and I don't want coffee, I have some grapes or apple slices. It works for me.

However, if I get less than 7 hours of sleep at night, I need to have coffee or some kind of caffeine. Have you tried green tea? I get the kind that also has fruit in it (Green tea w/ mango, green tea with peach, etc) and it doesn't really need sweetener.

Good luck