MRC Maintainers

You're on Page 36 of 36
Go to
  • Quote: I pulled a camaswa today...there were two brownies someone left at my house last night after a Christmas get together. I left them sitting on the counter for hubby to take to work...but he didn't. So I thought "if I leave them, I will make some excuse why I can eat them...and none of my family really needs them..." so I marched right out to the garbage and tossed those yummy looking brownies in there. It set me up for other great decisions today. I was starting to backslide after being sick with eating things I shouldn't. But I'm back on the straight and (mostly) narrow.
    nwcgina: good for you, you mentioned about being sick after eating things you shouldn't have, that happened to me last week, one day i went crazy and ate two big cookies, and other things not on plan and i woke up thru the night dizzy and felt horrible the next day, man i sure learned my lesson! I'm on maintenance now and doing really good!
  • I had maintenance weigh in today and stayed the same.. Not bad after going to Holiday parties this past Friday and Saturday. I made good choices and had wine at both evenings, with fat & carb blocker and did not gain, so am happy with that.

You gals are doing well on maintenance, be proud of yourselves.

Patzi
  • Yay Gina!!! I am so proud!! Hahah!
  • Cinnamon pita crisps...

If I don't have any other carb desserts during day like baked oatmeal,I will have 2-3 of the crisps with my yogurt pudding at night. Now.... If you can't eat just a few, don't make them. In the old days, I could not eat just a few, would eat them all. Sad, but true. I now never have more than 3.

To make pita crisps:.

Preheat oven to 425

Cut pita breads in half then in many wedges and put into bowl

Add cinnamon and splenda and butter spray If you don't want to use splenda, I use agave nectar, or could use SF maple syrup. Mix all well, trying to coat all the pita wedges and bake about 7minutes or until crisp. I check after 4 minutes, a they burn easily.The liquid to me makes them sweeter as the liquid sticks to the wedge better.

Also like these crisps, dipping into Peanut Butter 2 as a different treat.

Patzi
  • Got my weight back down to 151 after going up from Thanksgiving and my procedure. I had hoped to be down to 149 or 150 so I have a buffer going into Christmas, but I'm just glad to be back down.

I ran the ugly Christmas sweater 5K last Sunday (my first race since September, after 4 weeks off of running--and only 2 weeks getting back into it) and did great. I'm pretty sure that race helped get me back to where I needed to be on the scale, too.

Happy holidays--and much willpower--to you all!
  • Merry Christmas, all. I had spent about 2 days prior to this on a semi-binge Not overeating at meals, just constantly snacking on junk. Ugh! So today, even though it's Christmas Eve I've been trying to eat on the preconditioning menu...as close as I can. I haven't been perfect, but it's kept me from continuing in my old habits of mindless unhealthy eating. I haven't eaten like this in over a year. Geesh.

My parents did MRC with me and did great. They live about 600 miles away. They've both gained back quite a bit of their weight and I'm determined not to do the same.
  • Merry Christmas to all my friends here on Maintainers.. Enjoy the holiday.
    Patzi
  • Merry Christmas to all of my friends here. I am still alive an doing ok...I have a new plan set for January that should help me to lose the rest of what I need to be at a goal weight appropriate for me. It will be strict, but doable. Headed to Disneyworld on the 27th...I plan to be mindful, drink lots of water, and mostly HAVE FUN with my family.

Good luck to all at continuing to make good choices and no giving up to those struggling like myself....keep on keeping on! Here's to a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year of healthy living🎉
  • Well I didn't fair so well during christmas, went off plan and have had problems with cravings big time! I've gained 3lbs ugh!!! I went back on plan today but this evening i'm craving chips, ice cream, etc. Since i started stabilization and then onto maintenance I feel like the eating habits are creeping up again! They ween you off of everything and it seems like since i've gone off the supplements and added all the foods back in i'm not able to control anything, does anyone have any advise please!!!!
  • Quote: Well I didn't fair so well during christmas, went off plan and have had problems with cravings big time! I've gained 3lbs ugh!!! I went back on plan today but this evening i'm craving chips, ice cream, etc. Since i started stabilization and then onto maintenance I feel like the eating habits are creeping up again! They ween you off of everything and it seems like since i've gone off the supplements and added all the foods back in i'm not able to control anything, does anyone have any advise please!!!!

Any time you gain or feel like you're losing control to cravings, take a few steps back on your plan--whether it be to one of your stabilization stages, or back to the green menu. This is what I do, anyway. Some months I do totally fine on maintenance, and other months (like this one, lol), I bounce back and forth between maintenance, stabilization, maintenance, overindulging, green menu or metaquick, then back to stabilization/maintenance.

It's tough, but I think the hardest part is the realization that this is ALWAYS going to be a struggle. It does get easier much of the time, but I was very sad when I realized that going on maintenance still meant that I was never going to be able to relax and just eat--I always have to plan ahead and/or consciously make healthy/on-plan food choices. However, if I get to continue to be healthy, look good, feel good, and have more energy, then I guess I can handle that, even if it is forever.
  • Quote: Any time you gain or feel like you're losing control to cravings, take a few steps back on your plan--whether it be to one of your stabilization stages, or back to the green menu. This is what I do, anyway. Some months I do totally fine on maintenance, and other months (like this one, lol), I bounce back and forth between maintenance, stabilization, maintenance, overindulging, green menu or metaquick, then back to stabilization/maintenance.

It's tough, but I think the hardest part is the realization that this is ALWAYS going to be a struggle. It does get easier much of the time, but I was very sad when I realized that going on maintenance still meant that I was never going to be able to relax and just eat--I always have to plan ahead and/or consciously make healthy/on-plan food choices. However, if I get to continue to be healthy, look good, feel good, and have more energy, then I guess I can handle that, even if it is forever.
    Thanks teacher lady, I went back to the green menu for right now and thank you for the advice I love this forum everyone is so helpful
  • Time to start a new thread. The system gets cranky when the number of posts exceed 500.