Hysterectomy...need advice!

• Ok all you brilliant people... I have to have a hysterectomy on Nov. 29. Hypothetically speaking, I have 20 to 25 pounds left to go on this amazing diet! However, I'm questioning whether or not I can get to goal before surgery and phase out. My doctor feels I will need to take in a few more carbs and calories in order to heal better and faster. I understand his thought process (I work in the medical field...).

My losses are random at best. In fact, I lose more on 30 carbs or less per day. I know these last 20+ pounds are gonna be hard. I guess my question is... What would you do in my situation? Phase out, have surgery and restart... OR try to get these last 20+ gone and be phased out before surgery? Right now, I'm tired enough on 30 carbs or less per day...

Any help/opinion is greatly appreciated!

On a lighter note... I'm gonna have "grandpuppies" while I'm home and will get to love on them through my recovery from surgery! So excited!
  • IMO I would do as the Dr says. We know that our bodies already need more protein when we do any type of exercise so your body needs to prepare for the surgery. You need to be healthy so that you may recover quicker. Not saying to go overboard on Carbs but allow yourself this time to prepare. I honestly would phase out properly and start again once you are healed. When you get close to goal it usually takes a little longer and your losses become small so I honestly (IMO) don't think you would make goal, but of course I could be wrong. I am NOT trying to be negative by no means so please don't think I am. Maybe stay on the program for another month or like until the 15th of Oct then start phasing off but that might be enough time to get your protein up. Good luck in your choice and you will be in our prayers....Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing and what you decide
  • Wuv! I share your opinion with regards to the last few pounds being the hardest! I think it might be a good idea (like you said) and go for another couple of OP weeks and phase out properly. The thought freaks me out though! I want this to be my "last diet" and I'm on a roll with my weight loss, as far as dropping 35 pounds so far. I so bad wanted to be done by Christmas! BUT I do need to heal and be strong and healthy for my kids too.
  • Quote: Wuv! I share your opinion with regards to the last few pounds being the hardest! I think it might be a good idea (like you said) and go for another couple of OP weeks and phase out properly. The thought freaks me out though! I want this to be my "last diet" and I'm on a roll with my weight loss, as far as dropping 35 pounds so far. I so bad wanted to be done by Christmas! BUT I do need to heal and be strong and healthy for my kids too.
    EXACTLY!!!....remember the numbers on the scale are just numbers. Its about how YOU feel about yourself NOT the number on the scale!
  • I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago (major incision) and I would suggest really exploring staying on with extra protein added. I recovered very quickly but many are on rest for a period and the convenience of this food coupled with the reduced activity make it well suited. My sister lost 45 pounds on IP - 30 of that was on bedrest after major leg surgery. Her thought is with that reduced activity she really benefited.

I'm not suggesting to ignore the doctor but I would really explore the answer as you don't want to create more work for yourself unless it's absolutely required.

Best of luck with surgery - there is a good site with lots of tips - search "hystersister"