IP Daily Chat Wednesday 9/21

You're on Page 2 of 8
Go to
  • Crazy busy morning, but I screwed up and I need some advice from all you wonderful IPers!!

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep I realized that I hadn't gotten the chance to eat my nighttime snack. At that point I didn't feel like getting out of bed to fix something (it was past midnight) but today should I eat an extra packet or something?

I'll be back later to catch up!!
  • 80 lbs Wuv!!! You are inspirational!

I had probs with the Big C this week. A cup of Smooth Move tea did not help this time. I finally drank a dose of metamucel lady night. I know that's not recommended on IP but really, nothing else was working. The metamucel worked and I'm feeling much better today.

We had a very busy weekend. Spent all day Sat at a fair in my town. 7 hrs in the hot sun pushing my boy in his stroller. Then a BBQ in the park Sun, with more running around. It was the most activity I'd had since being on IP. And I stayed OP the whole time. Well, Mon and Tues I felt kinda weak and hungry so I allowed myself an extra pkt on both days, inc GASP!!! - 2 restricted on Mon! But I'm down 3 lbs just since Fri so I think I did the right thing in listening to my body.

I wish everyone a wonderful Hump Day and thanks for all the support!!!
  • Quote: hmm...I have WI tomorrow and my own scale (which always weighs less than the DRs) has me UP from last week. Clothes are looser, but this is slightly frustrating. NO CHEATS at all either! Sigh....I'll know more tomorrow AM...trying not to dwell on it but still a bit annoying.

carrie
    I hear ya! I'm having that kind of week myself. It will all even out in the end but it's so frustrating isn't it!

Quote: Good morning everyone,

Great to hear from you all

I still have only -1 pound for this week. By tomorrow, it will be officially my 12th week on IP and I would really love it if I hit -40 pounds (I'm minus 39 now)! My plan for today is to have a raw salad with plenty of lettuce for my veggies at lunch instead of the usual boiled vegetables that I eat mashed with an IP soup and for supper I will have another salad with two boiled eggs. I don't know about you guys, but I feel whenever I eat eggs for supper instead of meat, I tend to lose weight the day after. (yes! I do weigh myself everyday, and don't believe I can ever change that, I get paranoid if not).

What do you think?
    I weigh myself everyday too and I record it in a little calendar I have so I can see fluctuations and such. I also eat eggs every Wed night before a weigh in. I've been frying them though. I had eggs last night because I had to be at a volleyball game at 5 and was in a hurry and my aunt gave me heck because it wasn't Wed yet.
  • I will be reporting my WI before I leave, I can't leave y'all hanging....haha

Startingover, I would do my restricted in the morning, not at night. My coach said the restricted has more calories in it and if you have it in the morning you have all day to burn it off. I believe there are a few of us that have our night snack late. I have mine around 10:30-11 then go to bed at midnight or so. It has not affected my weight loss at all.

Well I am off to my WI....report back soon!!!
  • Quote: Crazy busy morning, but I screwed up and I need some advice from all you wonderful IPers!!

Last night as I was drifting off to sleep I realized that I hadn't gotten the chance to eat my nighttime snack. At that point I didn't feel like getting out of bed to fix something (it was past midnight) but today should I eat an extra packet or something?

I'll be back later to catch up!!
    I wouldn't myself. Last week when I finally went out for dinner there was no way I could fit in the night time snack. I felt sooooo full all night. The only issue I have is feeling really hungry the next morning. Don't take my advice though because what I do isn't always the right thing.
  • Good morning,

Still home today with daughter, fever finally broke last night (very mild at 99.7) after fevers between 102-103.6 since sunday, this morning she has a rash on her face and torso but its only a heat rash from the fever. Might keep her home tomorrow too even if she's better to give her a chance to recuperate and they have friday off. Poor thing...how sad thought that even at 10, she's all happy that being sick made her lose 3-4lbs this week from not being able to eat (and she's barely 100lbs and 5'2").

scale not moving, driving me crazy! this morning i was all happy seeing 258.6, i was dressed minus pants, so i put my WI pants on and i was 260 and those pants weight nothing, so i take them off and try again, and again it gives me 260! How can i go up 1.4 in a matter of 1 minute!

I haven't had any peppers this week to see if it would help and it has done absolutely NOTHING so i'll keep not having them for the rest of the week but i'm going to eat my peppers again starting next week!
  • Woohoo, lost 2 pounds on my 13th Weigh in!!! She said I lost 2 1/2 inches but she made two mistakes in her math and I only lost 1 1/2 inches. I'm happy though.

Everyone else, hope you all have great weigh ins!
  • Hi there Cinammon in Brantford! I used to live there myself! Now i'm over Burlington way - so glad you started too. Glad to hear your first day was bareable, actually I loved my shake this morning - it was surprisingly satisfying.

All the best!
  • Today is my second weigh in. I feel good about it. I can actually see a difference in my body, hoping for a loss after last weeks McDonald's event. So stupid. Been OP all week since then. Took awhile to get back into ketosis. Yesterday after breakfast and lunch I felt sick to my stomach. I was OK after last night snack.

My husband is off for moose hunting season. He had his name drawn. I hope he gets one. That means that for 3the days I can eat supper when I want and not wait for him to get home.

I'll check in later. Good luck to all those who weigh in today. I'm rooting for you wuv!

WI#2. -3.6 lbs!! Total of 11.4 in 2and weeks even with my meltdown
  • Good Morning from a Newbie
    good morning all,
    I am new to posting. i have been following threads for the last few weeks tho. I am a doctor, IP coach, and IP success story. 2 years ago I lost 60 pounds on IP and now pushing for the additional 15 that I should have pushed for back then. I want to say that this forum has been so helpful. I wish I would have known about it during my first weight loss road. It would have been much easier. I have since passed along the link to my dieters so they have more support during this journey than just me!! Everyone on here is an inspiration!! Keep up the good work!! I look forward continuing to follow the thread for more tips recipes and hints!!!
  • Good morning everyone!!
    Quick note of thanks to wildflower for the UTI post last night. I'm not that far gone yet, like I said things just don't feel quite right in the bladder area. It is good to know though, so much easier than taking meds and having them throw the entire system out of whack.
    Best of luck on 80lbs today Wuv!!!
    Welcome "newbies", you really won't find a better support system than this! There are just so many of us here you won't have an issue that someone hasn't already dealt with in one form or another. No one ever said the road to good health was going to be easy but these people right here sure lighten the load.
    Have a great OP day!!!
  • Wooohoo!!!!!.......80lbs GONE!!!!!!!!!.......i loss 2.5lbs!!!!......i am soooooooo excited.
  • Quote: Wooohoo!!!!!.......80lbs GONE!!!!!!!!!.......i loss 2.5lbs!!!!......i am soooooooo excited.
    YAY WUV!!!!!
    You go girl!! hahaha
  • Quote: Wooohoo!!!!!.......80lbs GONE!!!!!!!!!.......i loss 2.5lbs!!!!......i am soooooooo excited.
    Congrat!!! That is awesome!!!
    Congratulations Wuv!!!