I need a substitute for the Crispy Cereal!!!!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • You are in phase 1 until you reach 90% of your goal
  • Quote: You are in phase 1 until you reach 90% of your goal
    so I stick to restricted food? no cereal?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get it right.
  • Quote: I get very confused with all the IP language. just want to make sure I understand. I am in week 3, what should I eat?

1/2 cup of Kashi or Protidiet Protein Soy Cereals - Honey Nut?
    and can i already used unsweetened almond milk?

sorry, just clarifying, don't want to make a mistake this early, but getting bored with breakfast.
    This is just my opinion BUT: If you are in PH1 I do not recommend the Kashi cereal, that is WAY too many carbs. I would YES eat the Honey Nut Cereal that seems to be a very good (unrestricted) alternative.

For the Unsweetened AlmondMilk, also my personal choice based upon good judgement. I am not afraid to add the 15 calories and 1g fat that come with the .5 carb. But do note I use it instead of having the 1oz of skim milk allowed each morning. Hope this helps some and I haven't confused you more!
  • Quote: here is the info on the Protidiet Pancake

With 6 carbs and 15g protein and 1g fat I don't think it is restricted, but I am not sure:

N u t r i t i o n F a c t s

Serving Size: 1 Pouch Servings Per Container: 7
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 90 Calories from Fat 10
    Total Fat 1g
    Saturated Fat 0.5g
    Cholesterol 40mg
    Sodium 390mg
    Potassium 75mg
    Total Carbohydrate 6g
    Dietary Fiber 0g
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 15g
    Thanks! seems like it would work as unrestricted. It would be very close to the IP Crispy Cereal, especially by the time the egg whites are added for those using it as a pancake (i.e. me )
  • Quote: This is just my opinion BUT: If you are in PH1 I do not recommend the Kashi cereal, that is WAY too many carbs. I would YES eat the Honey Nut Cereal that seems to be a very good (unrestricted) alternative.

For the Unsweetened AlmondMilk, also my personal choice based upon good judgement. I am not afraid to add the 15 calories and 1g fat that come with the .5 carb. But do note I use it instead of having the 1oz of skim milk allowed each morning. Hope this helps some and I haven't confused you more!
    you made it perfectly clear, thank you!!!
  • Quote: I get very confused with all the IP language. just want to make sure I understand. I am in week 3, what should I eat?

1/2 cup of Kashi or Protidiet Protein Soy Cereals - Honey Nut?
    and can i already used unsweetened almond milk?

sorry, just clarifying, don't want to make a mistake this early, but getting bored with breakfast.
    I was toldl 1 oz of milk a day, hardly enough for cereal and no soy or almond milk.
  • For substitute items you can check newlifestylediet.com or netrition.com or lindora.com

The crispy cereal is an IP thing that is not really easy to find a substitute. realize that it is probably only 1/8 to 1/4 cup of rice krispy like pieces in about 1/4 cup of protein milk when substituted. Use portion control and you can probably use any high protein cereal that is whole grain and low carb.

Nature's path makes a few in the optimum line that are high protein. They also make a rise crispy that is high protein. Just remember. When we open the little silver packet, the crispies probably only measure out to1/8 t 1/4 cup. They are more for texture than anything else. The protein is coming in the milk powder so, use the "milk" of about 4 ounces or so of any protein ready made drink or a scoop of protein, made thin and poured over the cereal.

As for the pancakes, recipe thread 1 has a recipe for a unrestricted alternative pancake recipe that uses carbquick which, can be bought at netrition.com
  • I use the crispy cereal to make buns. Anyone know any good subs for that?
  • Nashua: Snackergy chocolate caramel granola. 14g carb (2g fiber), 11g protein. 3g fat, 130cal.
  • 3 products I can substitute with...
    I'm looking to do a trial on substitutes...what could replace a breakfast shake, lunch soup, and snack?
    I have no idea how this site works so any help would be great!!
    THanks so much.

Quote: For substitute items you can check newlifestylediet.com or netrition.com or lindora.com

The crispy cereal is an IP thing that is not really easy to find a substitute. realize that it is probably only 1/8 to 1/4 cup of rice krispy like pieces in about 1/4 cup of protein milk when substituted. Use portion control and you can probably use any high protein cereal that is whole grain and low carb.

Nature's path makes a few in the optimum line that are high protein. They also make a rise crispy that is high protein. Just remember. When we open the little silver packet, the crispies probably only measure out to1/8 t 1/4 cup. They are more for texture than anything else. The protein is coming in the milk powder so, use the "milk" of about 4 ounces or so of any protein ready made drink or a scoop of protein, made thin and poured over the cereal.

As for the pancakes, recipe thread 1 has a recipe for a unrestricted alternative pancake recipe that uses carbquick which, can be bought at netrition.com
  • SOS on IP substitutes!!
  • Quote: SOS on IP substitutes!!
    Head on over to the Alternative Products a That Work on P1 thread... The second post gives you the nutrition info you need to compare alternatives to make sure they fit IP. Then head to Nashua Nutrition or any other site recommended and look for shakes, soups bars, etc that fit the correct profile.

On Nashua, I use ProtiDiet, ProtiThin, weightloss Systems and HealthSmart brands and then just select products that match IP.

There are TONS of items that will work.