Daily IP Questions Thread-Sept 17

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Post all of your IP related questions here!
  • Phases 2 & 3 before vacation?
    I'm going to England on the 30th. Though I am taking IP food with me, I will be enjoying cream teas and other food in moderation. I see my coach 4 days before I go but I think I should be changing things up a little before that apof in prep for the trip. What should I be doing? Phase 2? Phase 3? I know about Phase 2 but where can I find info on Phase 3?
  • Quote: I'm going to England on the 30th. Though I am taking IP food with me, I will be enjoying cream teas and other food in moderation. I see my coach 4 days before I go but I think I should be changing things up a little before that apof in prep for the trip. What should I be doing? Phase 2? Phase 3? I know about Phase 2 but where can I find info on Phase 3?
    This is the P3 info sheet. There is lots of info about P2 and P3 in the phases sticky. Many people choose to do a mini phase off before vacation so that they can indulge a little while away. Sometimes eating off plan without phasing off has unfortunate GI effects

Since you're leaving soon, you could do a few days of p2 and then a few of p3 to prep take your body out of ketosis more gently.

• So I have a question about peppers. I've been eating a lot of them this week since they're so simple, and I just noticed on my sheet where it states "Green Bell Peppers". Well I've mostly been getting red , yellow, and orange ones. Is there a difference? I looked up the carb count on My Fitness Pal and it said only 3 carbs per cup for the red ones. What do you eat?
  • I eat all of them, hasn't hendered my loss at all.
  • Quote: I eat all of them, hasn't hendered my loss at all.
    Thanks!! I do eat the green ones, but if I have to many it gives me heartburn. Plus I like having color on my plate aside from green and beige, lol! Glad to know they're okay too
  • Quote: So I have a question about peppers. I've been eating a lot of them this week since they're so simple, and I just noticed on my sheet where it states "Green Bell Peppers". Well I've mostly been getting red , yellow, and orange ones. Is there a difference? I looked up the carb count on My Fitness Pal and it said only 3 carbs per cup for the red ones. What do you eat?
    I've been eating lots of red peppers too but i found out yestereay that they're 9g of carbs per cup. On My fitness Pal, i looked and found "Peppers - Sweet, red, raw (Generic)" and they're 9g of carbs. I picked the sweet one vs just red peppers are i think they're considered sweet.

I'm cutting them out this week to see if it makes a difference.

Here's the info, i think i'm allowed to copy this.

Nutrition Facts
    Peppers - Sweet, red, raw
    Servings: 1 1cup shopped
    Calories 39 Sodium 3 mg
    Total Fat 0 g Potassium 314 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 9 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 3 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 6 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 1 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
  • Can anyone provide a link that has a review showing IP is healthy? I found something on live strong but it didn't say it was specifically healthy.

Also, what do you do for dry skin?
  • Quote: So I have a question about peppers. I've been eating a lot of them this week since they're so simple, and I just noticed on my sheet where it states "Green Bell Peppers". Well I've mostly been getting red , yellow, and orange ones. Is there a difference? I looked up the carb count on My Fitness Pal and it said only 3 carbs per cup for the red ones. What do you eat?
    When I started IP 1 year ago, only green peppers were considered "Select" Veggies. All other colored peppers were considered "Occasional" (twice per week) veggies. The new 2011 Phase I sheet lists all bell peppers as Select veggies.
  • Quote: When I started IP 1 year ago, only green peppers were considered "Select" Veggies. All other colored peppers were considered "Occasional" (twice per week) veggies. The new 2011 Phase I sheet lists all bell peppers as Select veggies.
    Well that's good to know I have the old form (I know that because the meat requirements are the old ones) so I bet it just hasn't been updated yet.
  • Quote: Can anyone provide a link that has a review showing IP is healthy? I found something on live strong but it didn't say it was specifically healthy.

Also, what do you do for dry skin?
    I use omega's and that seems to help with the dry skin. That and a really good moisturizer.

I think you need to do a lot of research and decide for yourself. I believe in IP but there are always going to be two sides. The body goes into ketosis every night when we sleep, additionally a ketogenic diet was and sometimes still is prescribed for epilepsy (although it can be much higher in fat). Make an informed decision for you. I decided it was for me. . Good Luck!
  • Thanks Movingon for opening the thread today.
  • Quote: Thanks Movingon for opening the thread today.
    No problem! I like the idea of having this thread, so I'm happy to help keep it going.
  • Quote: I use omega's and that seems to help with the dry skin. That and a really good moisturizer.

I think you need to do a lot of research and decide for yourself. Good Luck!
    Thank you, Ishbel. Have you heard of chia seeds? The lady in the HyVee health department is very passionate about them. They have omegas, a little protein and fiber. I started using them again yesterday. Do you use IP's omegas?

My husband asked me if it was safe. I couldn't find anything that convinced me either way so I was hoping someone could point me to a reliable source. I am reading a book by Gary Taubesthat is very convincing. A big difference is that he doesn't believe in low fat. I have added a few almonds a cuople of times a day. I am hoping that will help.

Thank you for the thread.
  • Quote: Thank you, Ishbel. Have you heard of chia seeds? The lady in the HyVee health department is very passionate about them. They have omegas, a little protein and fiber. I started using them again yesterday. Do you use IP's omegas?

My husband asked me if it was safe. I couldn't find anything that convinced me either way so I was hoping someone could point me to a reliable source. I am reading a book by Gary Taubesthat is very convincing. A big difference is that he doesn't believe in low fat. I have added a few almonds a cuople of times a day. I am hoping that will help.

Thank you for the thread.
    Have you read Dr Tran's book about Ideal protein? there is a PDF version on the daily chat at the very beginning..here is a link
    http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/IMG...re_Dr_Tran.pdf