Just a suggestion, notification boxes for quotes or alerts

• I know I'm a newbie on this forum, but I've really enjoyed the support here.

I'm very active on another, non-weight loss related forum, and one of the things I really like there is whenever you are quoted in a post, the next time you are "active" on the page, a little box pops up on the bottom of your page & tells you you've been quoted, if you click on the box, it will take you directly to the post. You can also set up "alerts" with keywords, and the same box pops up to tell you someone has posted about your keyword.

I don't know if this is something you would be interested in adding to your site. It's just a really nice feature, and is a way to follow your threads easily.
  • Quote: I know I'm a newbie on this forum, but I've really enjoyed the support here.

I'm very active on another, non-weight loss related forum, and one of the things I really like there is whenever you are quoted in a post, the next time you are "active" on the page, a little box pops up on the bottom of your page & tells you you've been quoted, if you click on the box, it will take you directly to the post. You can also set up "alerts" with keywords, and the same box pops up to tell you someone has posted about your keyword.

I don't know if this is something you would be interested in adding to your site. It's just a really nice feature, and is a way to follow your threads easily.

i agree with this.. i never know if anyone has commented on anything ive written i have to try and remember which forum and which post to look and see and if youve commented on quite a few that day it can get confusing
  • You can "subscribe" to threads. If you go into your User CP -> Edit Options -> Default Thread Subscription Mode you can set what your default setting is. For example, I have "No e-mail notification" selected. When I reply to any thread, I am automatically subscribed to that thread, but don't receive e-mails when new replies are posted. When I log it, I go to my User CP and see a listing of all my subscribed threads with updates since my last post.