Anybody try the 5 minute snack diet?

• It's only supposed to be a dollar or something like that, but I hate to even try anything anymore unless I hear good things about it. I started to read about it in another forum but can find the post now.
  • Save your dollar You can find loads of information on this website as well as from our vast community experience, all for free!

As far as books go, we only recommend published books that you can flip through in a bookstore to determine if it's right for you. Cost isn't a factor of a quality diet book, but paying even a small amount to a stranger for something completely unknown doesn't make sense.

If you are looking for healthy snack ideas that take 5 minutes to make, Eating Well magazine has a good article on their site at http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_me..._minute_snacks

Good luck!
  • Thanks for your response. I've tried many diets of recommended books over the years. They worked in the beginning but I wasn't able to stay on them for more than a few weeks. I appreciate the link, but just snack recipes is the last thing I need. I need a program that I can stay on for a long time, even if the weight loss is slow. There is a lot of great stuff on the site. Can you recommend just one that might work for someone who has trouble sticking with anything for longer than a month? I really can't afford a monthly fee or buying expensive food right now. I don't know any of those diet people personally so they're all strangers to me. A dollar is just easier than $25 right now. Thanks Suzanne.
  • Have you checked your local library? Or local thrift stores? My local thrift store tends to have a lot of eating healthy books for $1-$2.

I personally think The South Beach Diet is a really good eating plan. I am in generally in favor of low GI diets as they help you feel fuller on less food.

I know a lot of people also like the Sonoma diet/Mediterranean diet but I have no experience with those.

Also, have you tried calorie counting? It is free and many of our members have utilized calorie counting in their weight loss. Fitday.com has an online journal that you can use for free.
  • Calorie counting is a great idea, Nelie!

You can choose the foods you like to eat, just try to make wiser choices (fruit instead of candy, as many veggies as you can, avoid fried foods, etc). Just measure or weight them and keep track of the calories. It's probably the easiest diet to stick to. The best thing is that you are in control and you know what you are getting

If you want something that is laid out for you, I agree with nelie that the South Beach diet is a good one. Our SB forum has the lists of approved foods, as well as tips for sticking with it and loads of recipes. You can read about it and decide if it's for you for free