Exercising less but fitter than ever?

• Does anyone else find this to be true - that you can exercise less but still be fitter than ever?

I had to cut down on the frequency and duration of my workouts due to time constraints with school starting with my sons and I'm as fit if not fitter-looking than when I was exercising like a madwoman all summer. I kept thinking that I would somehow backslide and gain some weight or lose muscle if I cut down some but not so. I think I've finally found the 'sweet spot' for me, lol. It's nice to realize that I don't have to spend every waking moment of my day exercising. I'm definitely working out 'smarter' now. How about you?
  • Err. I don't feel fitter. In fact it feels like my body is not adjusting right to not working out so much. I'm feeling tired way more when I was exercising like a madwoman I got the best sleep. I need to find the happy medium.
  • It actually took me about a week and a half to adjust to the new schedule. You'll find the happy medium - it just takes time. It's different for everyone.