I am plus size ---what exercises would

• benifit me the most?

I usually walk. But I feel it doesnt have enough intensity for me.

I prefer to workout at home with dvds....I have one of the Leslie sansone walking dvds...Im soo bored of it.

I wold love some recommendations...

thanks
  • I LOVE the 30 Day Shred. It's not the easiest in the world but if you're looking for something more intense it's a great place to start. I especially love it because it has different levels and even within the levels there are different ways to do each exercise so you can modify it to your level. It's really a great place to start!!! Also you can just increase the hand weights if they start getting to easy.
  • I did all sorts of things, even at my highest weight, so I would suggest just trying things out until you find something that fits. I'm the opposite of you - I HATE workout DVD's because I find them so boring. I much prefer the stationary bike while watching a good TV show or being outside around nature with my mp3 player.

That being said, I'm a fan of Jillian Michael's kettlebell DVD (Shred it, I think?), Zumba (I look absolutely idiotic doing it but it goes quickly) and any of the Pilates/abs videos on ExerciseTV On Demand.
  • I would recommend Zumba, Turbo Jam, Jillian Michaels' dvds and The Biggest Loser dvds. They will get you sweating! I try to rotate those so I don't get bored.

Leslie Sansone is great but I got very bored with her.
  • I would recommend cycling and swimming. Both of these exercises would put less stress on your joints and give you a great workout.
  • Put some good music on and DANCE .... til you sweat!

If you aren't getting enough intensity with walking, walk faster, do some hills to get your heart rate up and sweat...