How long to gain muscle?

• I was wondering how long it takes to gain muscle.
    I have been working out for 2 weeks mostly hard weight training.
    I have been eating healthy for 54 days and I noticed the last 2 weeks my weight has not been going down as much as the other weeks. I notice my clothes getting bigger on me so I am thinking I am actually gaining muscle under my fat. Is 2 weeks too short a time to actually gain muscle or could there be another reason.

Thanks
  • You might have gained a little muscle but it is very likely that you've lost some fat. Congrats!
  • uh... no
    you definitely havent gained muscle in 2 weeks.......... but strngth training, ESPECIALLY WHEN FIRST STARTING, can really make the scale act wonky and slow down (or even gain for a bit) its all related to water retension however
  • Thanks
  • Size change is likely due to water retention which almost everyone experiences when starting a training program.

As an overweight male (correct?), you are at a distinct advantage - a high muscle mass due to carrying your weight and optimal genetics for fat loss/muscle building due to testosterone and other hormones. Keep pushing! Great job
  • Thank you
  • Quote: uh... no
    you definitely havent gained muscle in 2 weeks.......... but strngth training, ESPECIALLY WHEN FIRST STARTING, can really make the scale act wonky and slow down (or even gain for a bit) its all related to water retension however
    this is a big reason i dont weight myself!!!