300+ and getting fit after 40 #290

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • IM loving the cooler weather and the foods that go with it. I made a huge pot of veggie soup and it really fills me up and stays with me for hours.
  • Greetings, back from WW and happy to say I've lost another 1.6 lbs.

I'd planned to shoot for losing 2.2 to total 25 lbs gone, which would have been one of those mini goals that I aim for. Instead I mentally shot myself in the foot and gave into some fattening choices on Thurs. and Fri. By Saturday I'd gotten control back. PHEW! Does this happen to anyone else, making bad choices as you are near or have succeeded in reaching a goal? I'm finally recognizing this as a (not very good) pattern in my weight loss. It's like I'm telling myself I'm there (or almost there) so I don't have to do what's healthy anymore. I know most of the times I've started to regain have begun near or at goals. At least I'm now accepting that this happens and that this is where I need to be very, very careful.

I looked into the Dr. Oz thing but as you read into it you have to jump through hoops like getting a friend to join his program before you can be eligible for the million so I decided to avoid signing up. I'll just stick with WW.

Walrus: Change that "chug" from "I think I can" to "I know I can". Positive thoughts!!!!!

Angela: Hope you got some sleep and that your day will be shorter today.

Deb: Cooler weather should be here tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Can't wait.

I may be missing til after the weekend. Going to be busy, and on the road a lot!

Think success!
  • Good morning ladies, How are all of you? Doing well I hope!

I am back on low carb again. I can chew a bit better, thank goodness. I expect that scale to take notice.....

Another month is ending and I am still where I was weight wise....GRRR me!!

Ta for now, Ruth
  • have a good day everyone! Gotta go and cook breakfast for the family.
  • Ruth - glad to hear you're feeling better. I'm with you on the scale!
  • All you Trader Joe fans - what are the "must haves"? We had a store open here a few months ago - plan to head there today hoping the crowds have died down some from the grand opening phase.

Thinks are great here - looking forward to a lovely fall weekend. Losing the same pounds again for the upteenth (or more) time. I get so disgusted with myself when I do this - why oh why!

Stay strong!
  • Hey, Carol, hope you found some goodies at Trader Joe's.

Judy: Yes, the closer I get to each goal, I seem to lose focus and motivation.

I've been falling down on the job in terms of journalling and exercising the last two weeks or so.

On the up side, I haven't binged at all, and in fact I think that I've been under my calorie limit, as I've mostly been on auto-pilot, eating meals that I've counted so often that I know the calorie count by heart. In that sense, I do think I've reached a new normal.

Now I just want "new normal" to genuinely include exercise, so that I don't lose it the moment life gets hectic.

I'm beat... heading to bed soon....

Happy weekend all.

Angela
  • Wow, the first three weeks of the term have been intense. I've fallen down on eating and exercise. I'm not giving up, though.
  • Weekend is here - wish my plan were more formal than it is for today - two events that will include some food challenges - the first one DH and I have agreed not to eat at. We may show up fashionably late at the second one - after dinner. It's OK as it's not a formal sit down - just a meet and greet.

Stay strong!
  • I've been visiting friends who are camping at a dog show in the Finger Lakes since Wednesday. In their case camping is defined as a motor home with all the perks, TV, computer access, you name it.

I stayed home today after 2 days being outdoors in cool weather and on and off rain from early morning until bedtime. Stayed w/i points but yesterday forgot to pack lunch and ended up dining on fat free pretzels (Sure looks odd in my journal) while sitting at ringside watching agility.

Today it's windy, getting colder and colder, and raining. I opted to skip the show today and maybe go back for a few hrs. tomorrow. Today I'm eating regular meals and NO pretzels. :-)

I'm ready for a nap after lunch. Then I'll try to get something productive done.