300+ and getting fit after 40 #290

You're on Page 4 of 7
Go to
  • Hi all, I've been MIA just because school has been so overwhelming Yeesh!

Eating has been fine, but I haven't been finding time to exercise. My scale is a little lower than my ticker, so I'm thinking I'll have a nice loss to record next Monday. When I get out of the 290s, I'll be lower than I've been in nearly 10 years.

Welcome, Donna, and Smitten.

Heather, sorry you're feeling overwhelmed already. We're on week 4 and it doesn't seem to me to have slowed down yet.

Okay, I'm having some soup for dinner and then doing some cleaning and getting to bed early... I was up SOOOOOO late last night grading.

Have a great OP Thursday, everyone!

Angela
  • It's very quiet here - hope it means everyone is OK!

Headed to Portland, OR with my entire immediate family to celebrate my oldest brother's 60th birthday. My dad hasn't flown in over 30 years - wish us luck.

Have a great weekend!
  • Have a safe trip Carol!!

I had a great day yesterday and the scales are going down again. Tom is gone so I should be ok for a few days.
  • I guess everyone has abandoned ship. LOL! I know where I have been, where are all of you?

I had extensive dental work done Wed. and haven't felt much like visiting. Ouchie. Root canal etc. No fun!

I hope you are all out having a really great time. Fall is in the air and it feels wonderful. Take care my friends. Ruth
  • It's a cool weekend and I love it. Spent most of the day doing stuff outdoors. I've got to force myself to do (some) laundry tomorrow or I'll be digging out the undies about which my mother would say "Don't wear those out of the house. If you end up in the ER you will be so embarrassed!". I'm always promising myself I'll do a load a day but it just doesn't happen. I always have time in the evening but to my brain evening and laundry just don't work together.

Anyway I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend and Ruth, I hope you feel better soon.
  • Hey, Ruth, hope the dentist at least gave you some good painkillers. THey really should...

I've been around, but just running like mad to keep up with the semester.

Judy, we started around the same place, around the same time, and we've made almost exactly the same amount of progress! Maybe we're long lost twins.

Debbie, I'm glad your scale is headed downwards again.

Hope the weekend is going well for everyone.

Angela
  • Good morning all, I woke up with a head ache and I am not eating well!

No the dentist didn't give me pain killers. I don't like taking them or any meds for that matter. Just do what I have to.

Hoping for a better Monday. I have another tooth to be pulled Thursday so You will probably hear me whining again. LOL! It is one with a crown on it....there goes a lot of money for nothing. They seldom last long.

Hope your weekend is going well. Ruth
  • ? Anyone at home?
  • Im here....I had a good weekend with my daughters and grandson.Did great with eating on sat but yesterday I made bad choices and feel bloated and heavy today. My grandson is up to 20lbs and it makes me realise just how much 20lbs is. My arms are sore today from lugging him around so much. I need to get the 20lbs I regained back off my body.
    Ruth- hubby had 2 teeth pulled on thu. Hope your feeling better!
    judy- At my house if it doesnt get done before noon it most likely wont get done at all.
    angela and heather- hang in there I know its hard with classes.
    Carol- did you have a fun trip?
  • Happy Day!

It's sunny and cool out. Hurray!

Yesterday I went to visit a friend with a goal of taking the rear seats out of my Element and storing them in her barn. The seats are strange. If you want to leave them in the car they have to be laid flat and then flipped up sideways against the sides of the car. They then block almost all of the side windows and I didn't like the lack of visibility this caused. Since the dog crate takes up so much space I'd never use the seats anyway. We got the first seat 3/4 unlatched and it was sticking. We just couldn't get it completely unattached. (Talk about frustrating!) Luckily my friend had a handy man there for another reason and he hopped in, whacked the latch and popped the seat right out! TThen he removed the second seat and toted them into the barn. Thank God for strong men. Gotta love 'em. We visited for a couple hours then I came home and did some housework.

Today it's off to the store for fruits and veggies. I've discovered if I have pineapple with my meal I stay full for hours so it's become a staple of my diet.

Hey Angela, you're right. We must be separated twins. Can't believe how close we are in our losses!

Welcome Smitten and Donna!

Everyone have a great day.
  • Good morning all! Back from Oregon - what a short and long weekend it was! Need to introduce veggies back into my vocabulary.
  • Debbie, we were posting at the same time. I measure weight loss in dog food bags! It's amazing how much they weigh and therefore how much excess we carry around every day. Can you imagine it? I carry three 50# bags with me everywhere I go. It's no wonder my knees hurt all the time!
  • I am here, although clearly it's taken me a while to get back on track after Labor Day It was so, so difficult coming back from our amazing holiday in Alaska that I was pretty depressed for about 2 weeks. Then Labor Day weekend, and all the family that entailed, but I think I'm back now I have goals, goshdangit! Filling in for someone at work, so working more hours, which is good, but also sitting at my desk longer each day, which is bad. My trainer officially had his last session with me last week and introduced the person he's recommending to replace him, but she hasn't contacted me yet, and I'm conflicted about it. I know I should. I just also know -- particularly after training with her once -- that we're not a great match. We'll see how the chips fall on that one. I'd like to think that I can do it on my own, which is how I did it before, but I really, really enjoyed training with my former guy, and I'm going to miss that in a huge way. It's been really fabulous getting so strong and CONFIDENT. Phooey.

Anyway, trying to stay positive, stay active, and stay motivated. I do fine when I have a plan, it's when I'm off schedule, dining out, or try to wing it that it all goes haywire.

Wishing you all a great Monday and a fabulous week!
  • Good morning chicks, I am sitting here at the computer this morning doing some thinking. LOL!

Did you ever think to yourself how ridiculous it is for a grown woman (ok, an old woman in my case) to have so little, or no control over eating? I mean how can that be? We take control of everything else in our life that needs handling, or I do, but when it comes to food...it rules! I am tired of it! Rant over!

I guess you get that I am not controling my eating. Today is another day and I will be OP! Have a great day ladies. Ruth
  • YOU GO, RUTH!

Your rant echoes my thoughts. I can add to it. Why is it always the day before weighing in when the lack of craving control is at it's worst?

Yhink I'd better go plan the day's meals right now.