$$$* Weekly Chat - week of august 29 to september 4th *$$$

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • Still around, finally feeling a bit better. Well, sickness-wise. Other things... my boyfriend has had his CV put forward by a recruiter to a job in Wellington. We live in Auckland. Wellington and Auckland are a 1 hour flight away, but a huge drive away, so I'm not sure what this means for us but I'm trying to be positive - and also trying to remind myself that he hasn't even interviewed yet, let alone got a job offer, so I shouldn't get ahead of myself.
    Again, sorry for no personals. I'm exhausted but as I said, I will be right back on top of everything next week - including exercise I hope!
  • Good Morning Ladies!

Okay so I haven't worked out ONCE yet this morning (it's about 9am here) and that really upsets me. The battery on my car died so I spent the first hour and a half of the morning getting a new one and taking it to my husband's school so that the auto shop teacher could take out the old one and put the new one in for us lol! Oh well, I am going to do Insanity during DDs first nap, and then go to the gym after her second nap so it will work out. Oh and weigh in this morning was..................154!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! !!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I am so freakin happy I can't even express it lol! I don't think there are enough dancing carrots or crazy happy faces to show just how proud I am that I made it this far in just over 2.5 months! Wow, HEALTHY BMI WOOHOO! Okay sorry, had to put that out there lol! The 140s are so close I can't wait! So that was an amazing feeling this morning before all of the car blahs . But it will keep me on cloud 9 the whole day I think no matter what happens haha. I hope everyone else has a great weigh in this week too .

Rainbow-hope that you are feeling better soon so that you can hop back on track and that you can totally rock it out!

Kawaii-I know I posted last night too because we went a little dead over the last 2 days lol! I hope that you get bragging rights soon, it sounds like this diet is totally helping with the carb cravings which is great for the long haul! Keep it up, you can do it

Alright, so I will probably come back later and do more personals if people post later in the day. I hope we all havge a great Thursday, the weekend is so close! Woohoo!
  • *waves* Hello! I'm here! Stuck in the middle of a stretch of night shifts, but will post tomorrow.

YAY MUNSTERMOMMY! You earned it!! Also, thanks for being so supportive and consistent. You set a great example for us all. Those kiddos of yours are lucky to have such a great role model!
  • morning girls! it’s Friday here and I am in a FABULOUS mood!!

guess, why? guess why? 79.0kg on the scale this morning!! wooohooo!!! I think I may rival your happy dance, munster! that’s like 1kg down. I’m so happy. also I’m a bit worried and I will explain to you why…

So the diet I’ve been doing is the “4 hour body”, and basically, it goes like this. you can eat only meat (fish too), beans, and vegetables. oh and eggs too. but as much as you want. screw the calorie-counting (which made me a pretty happy camper). you are even supposed to have a really big breakfast, and it is seriously the first time since I have been teaching in japan, that I can go through the whole morning without feeling hungry. it’s amazing. so yeah anyways, everything else, you CAN’T eat. sounds hard, but… you get to have one cheat day a week, where you can eat WHATEVER you want… he suggests Saturday (and it makes sense… going out, meeting friends…) and so that means tomorrow. now, apparently what happens is that you will gain crazy water weight, and then it will go back down in the beginning of the next week, and you will keep losing more before the next cheat day. this calorie spike day is also supposed to help you never plateau. anyways, it kinda sounds too good to be true, and since I’ve been struggling so hard to lose any weight this summer, I’m really worried about my newly loss kilo and I almost don’t want to have this cheat day… but I’ll do it anyways and see what happens…

rainbow: good luck for the bf stuff… like you said he doesn’t even have the job yet so let’s not stress before it happens!

munster: don’t stress too much about not working out one morning in like… what? months? and congrats on the 154!!
  • Kawaii-YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY 79kg!!!!!!!!! I know that is like the magic 154 for me that I have been dying to get to! Great job! I know, I just hate having to work out later in the day, it is really difficult with the LOs (especially since hubby literally left at 7am and won't be home until after midnight from work ). Oh well, I did Insanity at about 3pm then hit the gym after picking up DS from his half day preschool (he got to eat his dinner there and veg out for a bit, he was super happy lol!) so got the workouts in and did fine! Thanks for the encouragement though, it's nice to know that you and the other ladies are rooting for and supporting me .

FPSJ-Awwwwwwwww thanks . That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me literally . I so want to portray what a good role model is for my babies so that makes my night! No problem on being supportive, I know how hard it is, and really want to try to be there for everyone who needs a pick me up, I was born with this energy and excitement for fitness and health so why not share it and help other people to realize their love for it too? I know that you will do great this weekend, and that you will be awesome in your race . I hope that you see some good numbers scale wise too .

Ladies, will do more posting/personals tomorrow, hoping everyone has a great Friday tomorrow (unless you are having it now ). Talk to you all again soon (I hope ).
  • CONGRATUMALATIONS MUNSTER AND KAWAII!! Bet you both feel AMAZING!

So happy to hear how you ladies are progressing =).

I'm doing ok, I've been slipping up a bit this week as I mentioned, just trying to not let it get to me and keep moving. I think it's because I was losing a 1 lb a week, then all of a sudden I lost 2 lbs and now I feel like I should be losing every week you know? So now that I'm stalling I feel guilty. But I shouldn't have that pressure on myself - these things take time! Just want to keep moving forward and see what happens.

I've got the day off today, YAY! So I'm going for my long run of 5 miles and basically going to sort my life out! Meaning, I want to make a meal plan of healthy foods to stick to, the nutrition guide that came with Insanity makes a lot of sense to me, and talking to some other ladies here on 3FC they've confirmed that it's a great way to lose weight and eat right. If I can get a good meal plan going so I'm not constantly counting calories, then I think I'll be good to go.

It'll probably take some time to compile, but I really want to start eating right because I've got to a point now where I actually WANT to. Before I thought "Meh, I'll just eat whatever and exercise" but now the health freak inside me is coming out of hiding and wanting to have a say! It's a strange transformation, one I thought I'd never experience, but I'm happy it's happening.
  • Good morning!

I finally made it to the gym yesterday morning. I actually had a pretty good workout...judging on my sweat anyway. Ha!
    Starting this month I am only weighing in weekly and man, it's hard not getting on that scale in the morning. I had to talk myself out of it today.
    School is keeping me so busy. I still have a ton of stuff to do this weekend. But, hey, only 11 weeks before Thanksgiving! And then I'll have a couple of weeks after that and I'll be done for this semester and halfway through my senior year! Woohoo! I think class days are easier for me to stay on plan too because I plan my lunches and snacks and I'm staying busy through the day and not wanting to eat all day like I would be if I was sitting at the house.

Riestrella - Let us know what you decide on your eating plan.

Kawaii - Congrats on your loss!!! I think I would probably be scared of the "cheat" day too, but apparently, whoever came up with the plan knows what he's talking about, so go for it!

FPSJ - Night shift...yuck!

Munster - Congrats on getting to your 154!!

Rainbow - Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Don't stress yourself over the bf job situation. Everything will work out in the end.
  • Hi ladies! Haven't been around much this week but I've been doing pretty good. I'll try to do better about posting next wk. There are always excuses but this wk has been a blah week.

I didn't weigh at all this past weekend due to the fact that I ate at coldstone on Fri. and McDs on Sat---had a moment of weakness. Got on the scale Mon. and was down a lb tho! Woohoo! The number on the scale hasn't changed much since then and I don't figure it will since TOM's close.

sgregg: I love Dirt Cheap too! And to answer ur question I usually go to the one in Tupelo. I've never been to Amory's before.

By the way if there are lots of typos, look over them. I'm at work and posting from my phone.
  • I've been wondering about you, Bama! Glad to see that you are still around! Woohoo on your 1 lb loss! Just get back on track. Last week was my blah week. We all have them.
  • Good Afternoon Ladies!

Okay so got both the Insanity and the gym workouts done before 11am this morning, which makes me super happy! Had to get those other workouts done last night and I hate that! working out at night makes me cranky lol! I'm still a little high off the weigh in yesterday, but I am hoping that within the next 2 weeks I can break the 150s...I would be beyond ecstatic! So I have to be amazingly OP and workout super hardcore (I think I am going to add in some different weight training at the gym 3 days a week combined with the cardio/circuit weight training I do already) to see if that will help burn some more cals . Both the LOs are down for their naps, I have cleaned the whole house top to bottom (in anticipation of bro in law and fiance staying here starting tonight) and totally need a rest period lol! Eating lunch right now (omg STARVING haha) and then going to snooze a bit before everyone wakes up! I hope that you all are having an amazing Friday and that everyone has an OP but SUPER FUN WEEKEND!

Rie-Thanks for the congrats . I am super excited about the 154, that is the mini goal I have been looking forward to since I started! The next mini is to get into the 140s so hoping that one comes soon . Don't worry about a little bit of eating slip up, you would have to eat a crap ton of cals over in order to really gain anything. I get you on how you think "oh I'm running a ton I can totally eat that and still lose" that is how I was when I was training too. I almost never lost any crazy weight (granted I was already close to my current goal weight but still) because I knew I could pretty much eat whatever without gaining lol! It will still go down, but the diet part is vital to losing. I do the nutrition guide with Insanity, and trust me, IT IS AMAZING. It really is a healthy eating plan for life. I basically eat a crap ton of veggies, some fruits, lean protein, and whole wheat everything and I mix it up. I don't follow the recipes exactly but use what I have on hand or what is fresh and on sale at the store. I have been following the calorie allowance, and the eating plan since Day 1 of Insanity and it is what has helped me lose so well in the last 2.5 months. Good luck on your 5 miler you will do great!

sgregg-YAY for working out lol! I know how hard it is to fit in school, LOs, working out, eating, homework, and the list goes on! If you look at your day from the outside there is never enough hours to get it all done lol! But you are doing great! Keep it up, and thanks for the congrats on the loss .

bama-HATE TOM haha! I just don't even look at the scale at that time either, totally not worth it haha! Yay on the loss! I am excited for you that the scale is moving down well . I hope that you continue to see smaller numbers, and I'm cheering for you !

Alrighty ladies, I am hoping that we can get into next week well and all see good losses and beat the evil scale lol! I am wishing us all happy OP days (especially since I know with family in town there will be lots of eating out, here's to making the right choices lol!). Talk to you all again soon .
  • Hey all!
    Woof, I have the nastiest schedule this week. Oh well, just gotta keep on truckin.' I just reviewed my "daily weigh" record for August... and I essentially maintained the exact same weight. Go figure. I'm starting to wonder why I am so fixated on this particular lower number? Weird. I've been reading a lot on the Chicks in Control forum, and learning about how a change in perspective can be beneficial-- meaning, remembering that your weight at any given point just reflects how much fluid, muscle, bone, waste, etc is in my body at that time. It's not a concrete thing, just a guide. Focusing on overall wellness just might be better!

Anywho, after the race I'll be mixing up my workouts, and perhaps that will jump start a loss, in combination with working on more well adjusted eating. We shall see!

Did well at work. No temptation = no indulgences. hahaha. Small steps....

Kawaii
    -YAY for the loss! Glad your new eating plan is working. Hope your cheat day is within reason and fabulous!

Munstermommy-
    You're welcome I mean it! I know we're only virtual buddies, but still. It seems like you've really got a great outlook. Love it! Isn't a clean house the best?? Wishing you willpower for your eatin-out adventures

Riestrella-Ahh, I love a good life plan. Doesn't it feel great to get organized and have a good mind frame? I've got to get on that myself. What's the insanity eating plan like? Let us know how it goes!

sgregg-So glad school is going well! Yay for getting to the gym, too. You must be so tired at the end of the day. Keep up the good work!

bama
    -Hey hey! No worries about your "blah" week. We all have 'em. I feel like I struggle one way or another in each and every week, but the key is moooving forward! I don't weigh after I have something indulgent, either.

Off to get my lil' 5 miler in and some upper arm weights.... doing my longest run EVER in the morning, and my longest run before the race. 10 miler baby!!

I'll let ya know how it goes....

Hope you're all feeling strong, happy, and healthy this week

-FPSJ
  • hey everyone, so i figure im really dehydrated since i drank 1.5L pepsi max last night and have peed once since lol xD So ive drank 1.5L water today and now i feel like its about time to pee. Going to make more of an effort to get 2L in a day >.<
  • Good Morning Ladies!

Okay so I fell into the crazy busy yesterday and didn't get to post . I'm sorry! Basically the in laws got here and we had a ton of stuff to do. I went to the gym with them yesterday (bro in law owns a gym and is a crazy personal trainer) and they kicked my butt! It was amazing lol! I don't get to work out with him often because he lives about 4 hours away from us, but it was fun to do something different than the usual Insanity and the workouts that I do for myself. Eating has been a bit difficult, we went to pizza Friday night (I restricted myself to 2 pieces, so stayed within range) and yesterday we went to Mexican food for lunch (ordered grilled shrimp and boiled black beans-good job there!) but the sodium from those things killed me lol! I haven't eaten enough to gain but man am I retaining water lol! I hope that everyone has had a great weekend and that we keep up this next week!

FPSJ
    -I love it when the house is super clean, but it doesn't happen too often with the 2 LOs lol! Thanks for the will power encouragement, I have done pretty well so far (one more day/night to go lol). Maintaining is much better than gaining so don't get down on yourself! I think you are right about focusing on wellness, my goal weight is just that-a guide I THINK I would feel and look good at, not necessarily the end all. I really hope the 10 mi went well, and that you are having a great weekend!

Icon-I hope you got more water in . Have a great rest of the weekend .
  • Had been eating more "actual" food lately... had some banana bread this morning. Bad me. But... after spilling TWO things of juice (and then my third and last one spilling because my grandma was trying to move it), I just gave in and had a piece. And honestly... really not all that good. I liked the cherries MUCH better.

So yeah... 202.6 this morning... and I'm taking this scale back to the dorm with me. This scale is nice... and more accurate. It doesn't do only .5 or .0 with me...

Oh... and I have a date!!!
    http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...have-date.html
  • hehe Serbrinder i hope you have lots of fun on your date. I'm also finding that some foods just aren't worth "cheating" for and i don't enjoy them as much as i used to.

In the past week i have refused chocolate cake, muffins and scones because honestly all i could picture was a pack of butter going straight on my tummy/butt/legs etc. I did however give in and have chinese take-away last night and you know i enjoyed the soup and should have stopped there because i didn't enjoy my deep fried shredded chicken in sweet and sour sauce but i forced it down anyway because my bf had bought it and i felt bad about wasting money...... stupid i know. At least i avoided the prawn crackers.

Not had a very good day today. Feeling a bit yucky and emotional for some reason - even had a little cry to myself when NOTHING was really wrong i just couldn't stop myself. Guess it must be hormones or something since that tom is getting close. I'm all over the place today. One minute i'm bouncing off the walls and the next i want to hide under the duvet and not come out.

Roll on tomorrow when i can get down the gym and space out for a while.