Biggest Loser Season 12- Are You Ready?!

You're on Page 6 of 21
Go to
  • Quote: Can't stand some of their product placements. Most of the stuff they push as snacks is pure junk! Why not push Greek Yogurt which is full of protein and not full of crap!.
    because greek yogurt doesn't have a big enough budget
  • ^ Sad but true.
  • Ennay-you are absolutely right. I do understand it is a business and it needs to make money to stay on the air. But you would think they would go after ligit sponsors with products who would really help their viewers.
  • Excited to watch tonite!
  • Good episode this week.

I was happy for Mike, seems the draw to win those tickets was a lot more motivation than Ana's training. Of course I'm sure she finally deserves some credit from me considering the blue team finally had a good week. =)

I'm tired of the black team winning everything too. Mainly because I really dislike John after the way he acted last week and watching Antone cry every week is getting so annoying.

I felt so bad for the red team. It was really touching to see how close they've all gotten and how much they care about each other. I hope next week is better for them. I think the boys on their team really need to step it up.
  • I'm NOT tired of seeing Black win. I'm rooting for black.
  • I think that Dolvett is not as knowledgeable at weight loss as Bob. I am guessing that his background is more about physical conditioning, body scuplting, etc. and not as much having to lose large sums of weight. So I think he's a good trainer in the gym and he knows how to motivate his team, but I don't know that he's giving them the dietary information to get them to the point where they can drop the weight as quickly. Because those were some CRAZY numbers for the black team last night!

And I'm thinking maybe Anna went to Bob for some pointers because she seemed to be doing a better job of training her team too. She definitely pushed them harder and I wonder if Bob (or someone else) told her that it was ok to push them more - I think it would be hard to understand the appropriate limits without the experience both on the show or as a trainer overall. I think Dolvett does know the limits and gets a lot out of his people in the gym, but they need to work on the food. I'm sure they will split the teams at some point and I would not be at all surprised to see current Red team members start to be extremely sucessful with more input from other trainers, they do seem to be pretty motivated and hard working.
  • Quote: I'm NOT tired of seeing Black win. I'm rooting for black.
    I'm rooting for black too (my own age group!) but I am still not a big fan of John so I won't mind if he's the first to go when Black does lose a week.

My favorite is Jennifer - she has such a great attitude and even with the injury, she's doing amazingly well. And I think she's very pretty and will be drop dead gorgeous when she loses the weight.
  • That was a tough elimination last night. The whole Red team is so young and has some of the biggest issues as far as health goes. I'm not sure who I could've voted for in the same situation. Something about Ramone is quite compelling to me. I haven't put my finger on it yet...

Black Team is my age group, and the fact that a lot of them are motivated by their young children is so awesome. That they are trying to live for their families is so powerful. You can see it everytime Bob pushes them by using their children's names and telling them to do just one more because So-and-So is watching. I think that, in some ways, they have an advantage because they are so much heavier as a group that it takes more energy to do what they do. In theory, I would expect them to burn more calories and lose more weight...

Blue Team...so happy for them. I'm glad Anna changed it up a little with the circuit. The threat of having only 2 players left motivated her, I think, to think a little outside the box and really motivate her group. I loved how at the end of the forth quarter they had burned an average of what? 8-900 calories? And Bonnie's reaction at finally getting 7 pounds, and her little speech about "getting off the couch and do something no matter how old you are"...I won't lie, I teared up a little. And I think having fewer team members is a blessing in disguise since they don't have to put up the big numbers to have a higher percent of weight lost as a team.

I can't really say which team I'm going for. They all have stories that touch me on some level.

I agree that John is the snake in the grass of them all, though. I'd watch my back if I were any of them...
  • I'm Blue Team Age. I honestly don't have a favorite yet. I'm also a retired teacher and am not happy with John. It bothers me a lot to see educators acting the way he is. I want him to set a better example for his students and athletes.

I felt sorry for Antone. That had to hurt when the other contestants were thrilled to see the NFL players and weren't that excited about his being there. But then maybe it's a good thing they aren't putting him into that celebrity category. It make help keep him safer during eliminations.

I could go on and on. I'm really enjoying this season and am looking forward to seeing the "new" contestants toward season's end.
  • Biggest loser is such an inspiration - I don't care if it is couples, old vs. young, etc... It helps me to lose and I love the show..!!!
  • I agree, Lisa.
  • Quote: That was a tough elimination last night. The whole Red team is so young and has some of the biggest issues as far as health goes. I'm not sure who I could've voted for in the same situation. Something about Ramone is quite compelling to me. I haven't put my finger on it yet...

Black Team is my age group, and the fact that a lot of them are motivated by their young children is so awesome. That they are trying to live for their families is so powerful. You can see it everytime Bob pushes them by using their children's names and telling them to do just one more because So-and-So is watching. I think that, in some ways, they have an advantage because they are so much heavier as a group that it takes more energy to do what they do. In theory, I would expect them to burn more calories and lose more weight...

Blue Team...so happy for them. I'm glad Anna changed it up a little with the circuit. The threat of having only 2 players left motivated her, I think, to think a little outside the box and really motivate her group. I loved how at the end of the forth quarter they had burned an average of what? 8-900 calories? And Bonnie's reaction at finally getting 7 pounds, and her little speech about "getting off the couch and do something no matter how old you are"...I won't lie, I teared up a little. And I think having fewer team members is a blessing in disguise since they don't have to put up the big numbers to have a higher percent of weight lost as a team.

I can't really say which team I'm going for. They all have stories that touch me on some level.

I agree that John is the snake in the grass of them all, though. I'd watch my back if I were any of them...
    Yes to all of this. I really like all the teams and I have a hard time finding one to cheer for. I was cheering for the blue team this time around simply because I didn't want them to lose another member but beyond that (and not counting John) all the contestants really seem to be working hard this season and seem to have some interesting background stories.
  • Did anyone else burst into tears when Jennifer got on the scale and saw that huge loss?! I totally did.

The Red Team doesn't have my sympathy because Vinny and Ramon are slacking off. Jessica has lost as much weight as Ramon and she weighs a 100 pounds less. That's just ridiculous. He was all "I always shoot for the stars" and I was like 7 pounds? No, no you don't. That's the kind of weight loss I would expect in a couple of weeks, not week 3.

I am so glad no one else likes Johnny. What a jerk!

I felt the calorie burning challenge was total BS. Of course Black would win. That's simple physics. They have a larger overall mass and therefore burn more calories on average. What were the producers thinking? I am glad they decided to turn down the prize.

Anna still underwhelms me. She's like a cheerleader who is trying to act mean but is just... meh.
  • Quote: Did anyone else burst into tears when Jennifer got on the scale and saw that huge loss?! I totally did.
    Me too!

I think she's probably one of my favorites so far (not that I'm biased because I've been limited also due to my knees ).