Happy Hour!

• OK! I'm sure this has been discussed, but I didn't see anything from what I've looked at so far (aka I'm a newbie).

So... my coworkers and friends and I like (and by like, I mean LOVE) to go to happy hour and kick back with some adult beverages and de-stress once a week. I can (usually) keep away from the bar food.. but those beers taste soo good!

So my question to all of you chicks out there that enjoy happy hour is this: How do you handle happy hour? What's your skinny beverage of choice??
  • Vodka gimlet -- vodka and lime juice -- isn't a bad choice.

Although I don't really drink -- I have a diet soda and enjoy that, LOL
  • Thanks shanhat! Is there soda water in that?... I'm not much for shots
  • I am in the same boat. Omitting drinking all together (although I did cut down ALOT) just wasn't going to happen! I normally go for MGD 64 with a lime - for some reason I like it much better with the lime and have gotten a lot of people hooked on it. My other go to's are vodka and club with a lime. OR a skinny margarita which is basically tequila, a splash of triple sec and a few lime wedges (or several depending on how strong you like your drinks).

If you are drinking in home - the skinny girl brand margarita and sangria are delicious. Enjoy happy hour!
  • Yum! Will try those ideas Ona! Thanks
  • Here are some links to recent threads about alcohol:
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
    LINK
  • Munchy! You are the best!
  • I've just discovered Zilch margarita mix - www.zilchmixers.com

They're packets of powder that you mix with tequila & water or rum & water. I am definitely NOT a margarita snob, but I really like these. I usually ask for extra lime.

If I'm really wanting gin & tonic, I've found that gin & club soda with lime is an acceptable bar substitute. Bars never have diet tonic.
  • Cremesicle shots so yum
    I found this delicious cremesicle shots recipe and they are only 70 calories!

Makes about 2 shots

Ingredients:
    1 oz. orange juice
    1 oz. half & half
    1 oz. Voli Orange Vanillia
    Splash of Grand Marnier

Directions:
    Place all four ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds, ensuring that the mixture is ice cold. Strain into two shot glasses and enjoy!

Calories: 70 per shot

you should def try this sometime

otherwise I usually try to go for drinks with low cal vodka's like Voli vodka. It has electrolytes and its flavored.
  • One glass of wine and club soda for the rest of the time unless it's too expensive... i will order water without a problem. i'm not usually invited to the happy hours though. shrug.
  • Try vodka and diet soda with lots of lemon! Also, I've tried Voli vodka lyte which is really smooth and only like ~50 calories. Good luck!