Ideal Protein recipes & pix from Finland

You're on Page 4 of 29
Go to
  • Steven, You can also grate the cauliflower for a more rice like consistency. Then just microwave it for 3 mins without water or stir fry it.
    Your Chinese food look excellent.
    I am excited about the Chai Moose as I love Bengal Spice.
    You make our IP food seem so exciting!
  • Wow! I love all your recipes! I own an Ideal Protein Clinic in Iowa and have posted your link on my facebook page! Thanks!
  • Quote: Steven, You can also grate the cauliflower for a more rice like consistency. Then just microwave it for 3 mins without water or stir fry it.
    Your Chinese food look excellent.
    I am excited about the Chai Moose as I love Bengal Spice.
    You make our IP food seem so exciting!
    LOL I was all excited for a minute. I thought you really meant chai MOOSE and I went looking for it because I have a package of moose in the freezer. I thought, wow surely Finland does have moose and I could use a new recipe.

But of course, it was mousse which makes sense because chai wouldn't really go with moose. LOL
  • Quote: LOL I was all excited for a minute. I thought you really meant chai MOOSE and I went looking for it because I have a package of moose in the freezer. I thought, wow surely Finland does have moose and I could use a new recipe.

But of course, it was mousse which makes sense because chai wouldn't really go with moose. LOL
    LOL! Moose is an approved protein. I'll have to see what I can come up with. (And dont be so sure chai doesnt go with moose... I did a cinnamon, clove, cardemom, 5 pepper crusted moose served with lingonberry which was outstanding. :-)

Thanks for all the other positve comments. Even though some recipes come from other threads, I hope the pix bring them to live and encourage those "bored" with the diet to try something new.
  • Wow! I am inspired to eat something other than chicken breasts with steamed asparagus!!! I will try the beef stir fry tonight!! Thank you and keep those beautiful pictures coming!
  • Wow! I am so thankful for you "foodies" out there. For as much as I love to eat it, I hate trying to figure out how to cook it. And the pictures! Wonderful! Thanks for making diet food look so appetizing!
  • Quote: I just read Jordanna's recipe for this on the other thread and had to make them. (And to take pix to glory in their beauty!)

They were not only good, they were AMAZING. The normal omelettes are fine (if a little rubbery), but the addition of the egg whites and zucchini makes them incredible. (And makes 4 HUGE servings...and you get to eat them all!) I forgot to add the onions and didnt miss them.

My friends brought me a monster bottle of Tapatio Hot Sauce from the USA, which is great on these. (We dont have WF Ketchup here) Enjoy!

ZUCCHINI OMELETTE "PANCAKES":
    Another stealth way to sneak in extra veggies to start your morning (or lunch, or dinner) with a filling and delicious meal.

Ingredients:
    1pk of IP omelet mix (plain or herb)
    1 1/2 c zucchini, shredded
    (Optional - 1/2 c onion (red, white, or green) finely diced)
    2 egg whites
    sea salt & pepper

Directions:
    1) Shred up the zucchini onto a paper towel or clean kitchen cloth & drain out some of the moisture of the zucchini.
    2) Beat egg whites with a pinch of sea salt until fluffy
    3) Add the Ideal Protein Omelete mix and beat until blended
    4) Fold in the zucchini (and onions if using)
    5) Spray cooking pan with PAM or other non-stick spray.
    6) I use a 1 dl measuring cup to spoon batter into pan on med-hi heat
    7) Cook until crispy on one side and then flip and crisp up the other side

I serve with Hot Sauce (zero carb/ zero sugar/ zero fat).

Makes 4 large cakes and is really filling.

NOTE: Most coaches say egg whites (2) are "free" and will not negatively effect weight loss. But be mindful to not use daily if you find you are stuck.
    I just posted this recipe on my blog with a picture and I think yours look better than mine do lol

Fat Kid Zucchini Pancakes
  • Quote: I just posted this recipe on my blog with a picture and I think yours look better than mine do lol

Fat Kid Zucchini Pancakes
    jordanna, your recipes and creative ideas ROCK. (and I think your pic looks great.) But also feel free to steal any of my pix you want to post on your blog as well, since your ideas were the inspiration!
  • Hot Creamy Vanilla Chai Indulgence
    HOT & CREAMY VANILLA CHAI with "MARSHMALLOW" TOPPING:
    After making the fluffy puddings, someone on this board mentioned how much she loved her hot herbal chai tea which gave me this idea. It is the ultimate rich indulgence.

1. Add 2 Herbal Chai tea bags to 6oz hot water. (I use Celestial Seasonings "Bengal Spice" or Yogi Teas "Roobios African Spice") Let seep for 10 minutes.

2. Add a dusting of cinnamon, cardemom and nutmeg to the tea to taste. (I like it very strong, hence the 2 tea bags and extra spices. If you like it more subtle, use 1 teabag and less spices)

3. Pour tea into blender and add 1 packet Ideal Protein Vanilla Pudding.

4. Blend (being careful that the cover is not too tight to trap the steam and blow up on you!)

5. If you really want to splurge... in a separate bowl with a hand mixer, beat 1 egg white, a pinch of sea salt, 2-3 teaspoons of Splenda (or 1 drop Stevia vanilla creme) and a pinch of cream of tartar and beat until peaks form and hold a shape. I also add a dash of cinnamon and 1 tsp cardemom to this for a stronger flavor.

6. Pour vanilla tea mixture into two large cups. Heat in microwave if you want piping hot, but be careful that it doesnt bubble over.

7. Spoon on egg white "marshmallow" foam and enjoy.

Once again, instead of one tiny pudding, you blend it into two monster servings. Too good.

(As mentioned before, some coaches allow egg whites as "free" while others request to eat a bit less on your meat protein that day. This is excellent without the egg whites. They just add a sweet fluffy marshmallow layer which I will consider mandatory when Finland sinks into 24 hour darkness in a few months. :-) )
  • Ok, I have got to stop looking at your posts while I'm working.

That looks divine... I can't wait until tomorrow to try it.
  • Quote: HOT & CREAMY VANILLA CHAI with "MARSHMALLOW" TOPPING:

1. Add 2 Herbal Chai tea bags to 6oz hot water. (I use Celestial Seasonings "Bengal Spice" or Yogi Teas "Roobios African Spice") Let seep for 10 minutes.

2. Add a dusting of cinnamon, cardemom and nutmeg to the tea to taste. (I like it very strong, hence the 2 tea bags and extra spices. If you like it more subtle, use 1 teabag and less spices)

3. Pour tea into blender and add 1 packet Ideal Protein Vanilla Pudding.

4. Blend (being careful that the cover is not too tight to trap the steam and blow up on you!)

5. If you really want to splurge... in a separate bowl with a hand mixer, beat 1 egg white, a pinch of sea salt, 2-3 teaspoons of Splenda (or 1 drop Stevia vanilla creme) and a pinch of cream of tartar and beat until peaks form and hold a shape. I also add a dash of cinnamon and 1 tsp cardemom to this for a stronger flavor.

6. Pour vanilla tea mixture into two large cups. Heat in microwave if you want piping hot, but be careful that it doesnt bubble over.

7. Spoon on egg white "marshmallow" foam and enjoy.

Once again, instead of one tiny pudding, you blend it into two monster servings. Too good.

I make this too but, I use the vanilla ready to drink. I make the tea with 2 bags to 8 ounces of water and let steep til strong. I then add vanilla stevia, saigon cinnamon, and caradamom. Then I blend it with the ready to drink. I just use it as one large portion but, it could be divided into two settings.
  • I was wondering, are you making any IP adaptions of traditional Finnish meals, holiday, or "comfort foods"? So many of our recipes were generated because dieters were missing what they were used to and what they felt were comfort foods. With IP launching over there so close to the holiday season I wonder what types of things, flavor profiles in particular, dieters might be missing.

I am wondering if you can use the crepe packet to adapt a Finnish pancake recipe, or if a vanilla pudding or crepe packet could be adapted to make a muffin or "bread" with a cardamom flavor (sort of to mimic the Finnish bun flavor. What about a baked Rhubarb dessert with a maple oatmeal topping?

Just wondering.
  • Yum I'm hungry now. thanks. hehe
  • Quote: I was wondering, are you making any IP adaptions of traditional Finnish meals, holiday, or "comfort foods"? So many of our recipes were generated because dieters were missing what they were used to and what they felt were comfort foods. With IP launching over there so close to the holiday season I wonder what types of things, flavor profiles in particular, dieters might be missing.

I am wondering if you can use the crepe packet to adapt a Finnish pancake recipe, or if a vanilla pudding or crepe packet could be adapted to make a muffin or "bread" with a cardamom flavor (sort of to mimic the Finnish bun flavor. What about a baked Rhubarb dessert with a maple oatmeal topping?

Just wondering.
    Really good question. They are still in trial here with the full launch happening later this year, so I dont think its come up.

The Rhubarb would be brilliant, but fresh (and frozen) rhubarb wasnt available when we started...already out of season. The Finnish buns ("Pulla") are spiced with cinnamon and cardemom... thats probably the reason I gravitate towards those spices and the chai the most in may added spices. But most finnish comfort food is fish (which is allowed) and potatoes, potatoes, potatoes and bread, bread, bread (which is not allowed.)

Also berries in the summer (strawberries and blueberries.) Most Finns are addicted to coffee (though I dont drink it) and chocolate (which is my addiction...I was breast fed chocolate milk), so the shakes seem to be popular (we dont have RTD).

The soups are very popular in our group... the new Tomato Basil is great. (I heard they are not as popular in North America?). The flavored puddings have not been as popular here, which is why I loved the suggestions to try using as shakes, not puddings, and mixing them up. But luckily our coach lets us buy by the packet and if we buy a box and dont like it, we can return unopened product. So its much easier for us to sample everything and find favourites, or to try a new recipe for something we originally didnt like. (Some of our group re-tried and loved products they returned after seeing some of my recipes.. like the Rasperry/Lemon/Basil. Lemon alone didnt go over well, but the new dessert did. Funny.

But as far as meals go, the stuff I have been making for my meat proteins are probably in line with most Finnish comfort foods. (I have made a turnip/ rutabaga mash spiced with cloves and nutmeg which tastes a bit like a christmas casserole here.)
  • Quote: Really good question. They are still in trial here with the full launch happening later this year, so I dont think its come up.

The Rhubarb would be brilliant, but fresh (and frozen) rhubarb wasnt available when we started...already out of season. The Finnish buns ("Pulla") are spiced with cinnamon and cardemom... thats probably the reason I gravitate towards those spices and the chai the most in may added spices. But most finnish comfort food is fish (which is allowed) and potatoes, potatoes, potatoes and bread, bread, bread (which is not allowed.)

Also berries in the summer (strawberries and blueberries.) Most Finns are addicted to coffee (though I dont drink it) and chocolate (which is my addiction...I was breast fed chocolate milk), so the shakes seem to be popular (we dont have RTD).

The soups are very popular in our group... the new Tomato Basil is great. (I heard they are not as popular in North America?). The flavored puddings have not been as popular here, which is why I loved the suggestions to try using as shakes, not puddings, and mixing them up. But luckily our coach lets us buy by the packet and if we buy a box and dont like it, we can return unopened product. So its much easier for us to sample everything and find favourites, or to try a new recipe for something we originally didnt like. (Some of our group re-tried and loved products they returned after seeing some of my recipes.. like the Rasperry/Lemon/Basil. Lemon alone didnt go over well, but the new dessert did. Funny.

But as far as meals go, the stuff I have been making for my meat proteins are probably in line with most Finnish comfort foods. (I have made a turnip/ rutabaga mash spiced with cloves and nutmeg which tastes a bit like a christmas casserole here.)
    We have a few recipes to substitute cauliflower for potatoes. The potato salad could probably be adapted with more familiar spices. Also, the faux mashed potatoes would work. I did roasted rutabaga (swede) frequently when I wanted a roasted potato texture. ( I liked to do mine with shallots, a bit of splenda or stevia, rosemary, salt, peper, and apple cider vinegar. )

The Rhubarb recipe we have is good but it doesn't have a topping. It is possible to make the maple oatmeal with less water and some spices and maybe a touch of oil to crisp it on top of the warm rhubarb dessert.

Of course you will have to wait til the Rhubarb is back in season to try it.

The fish recipes are pretty easy to adapt or accommodate.

I loved the chocolate milk reference! very funny You weren't the only one!