#261 Bale of Turtles Keepin' On!

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Hi again!

Thanks so much for the motivational replies What is a WW cheat sheet and where do I find it?

I'm feeling a little better physically so I can go into work and do physical therapy. I want to hold off on doing cardio on the machines since I was feeling kinda faint.

I have my motivation back though! I ordered a beautiful coat/jacket for the winter and fall that I want to make sure I fit into so I am definitely going to continue counting my points. I started counting them but want to count them for the entire day, not stop counting part way through the day. I have motivation to get the number lower on that scale, get into nicer clothes, feel and be physically emotionally better, so I am psyched to do this. Thanks for everyone being there for me.

I am there for all of you too!
  • Hey All

Off work now for a 5 day long weekend! Today boys and I are going to the Canandian National Exibition, will try to steer clear of the 30 different fried foods served on a stick!!!! There will be lots of walking so it will all work out in the end.

Can't wait for next week back to routine (of some sort!) Walking buddy will be back from vacation, will set up a gym schedule, and just get back at it!!!!

Today I will drink lots of water! or 0 soda! and walk ++++ It is hot here the humidity is back for a few days.

Glad everyone is checking in and keepin at it!!!!

Terri
  • Hi All,
    I am so happy that we are all chiming in and chatting. It's wonderful to know I"ve got pals like you working on the same things I'm working on.

Seabiscuit----so glad you've got your motivation back. It's so easy to lose. Here's a WW "cheat sheet" that is available online on the WW'ers site.
    I am a WW pass member which means for $40/month I can go to my WW mtgs. and I have complete access to WW online. Oh-----a cheat sheet is a cute interactive idea. In a category-----let's say pasta-----you have a plate. On that plate you can put and take away different choices to see how many points plus your final plate would be. For example, 1 cup pasta------5 points plus. Then add a sauce-----marinara or ala vodka or meat sauce-----then the total changes depending on the sauce. Then you can add meatballs, etc.
    It's fun and some of the amounts are surprising. I always thought the ala vodka sauce would be much higher in points than marinara-----turns out it isn't, so that was a good find. I think I'm rambling. Okay---choices, point and drag to plate, see point changes, remove or let stay until you end up with a plate that you would like to eat and the points plus aren't through the roof. I love the Chinese food one, too.

Hey, here's a tip my friend told me about with Chinese food if you're eating at home. 1/2 serving of steamed chicken and broccoli put into 1-2cups of eggdrop soup with 1/4 cup brown rice. It makes a very filling soup dish which is yummy. Gives you leftovers for the next day or you can split it with someone.

Terri, enjoy the vacation with your boys. Sounds like fun!

Cherry, I hear you loud and clear. You're doing great and offering positive feedback to us all. Thanks. Keep up the good work.

Life4evr, : weigh to go on your weight loss! I think WW's is inside your head and helping you to make good choices and you're doing great.

Princess, thanks for always being there, even though you could be stressed or tired, to start our day with a message. I really look forward to them.
    and

Bandit, how are you doing? I am so happy with your weight loss. You helped me want to get going again and lose some real weight. Thanks so much. :

I just checked a graph I made of my weight loss journey. My main weight loss occured in 2009. After that I plateaued again. Yes, I had hives and that made it tough, but I also gave in to too many food choices. This past week showed me that although it is very difficult for me, I can lose weight. I was often hungry and I know I couldn't be this intense for too long, but I can make good choices and when I keep the portions small, I can lose weight.

Gotta run and start my day. Looks like today and tomorrow will be beautiful weather and then a rainy long weekend. I expect the kids to be here through the weekend to wrap up the summer. Hopefully we can swim and BBQ. Have a great day!
    Judy
    234.6/194.8/180's and thinner
  • Good morning. I am on a three day off streak since I pulled a double the other day. So it got me an extra day off. I am having allergies so at least I get to rest.

Seabiscuit I know how hard it is to try to date while watching what you eat. The cheat sheets are good. Also I know alot of times I would figure out what I wanted and the points before I even left. Which helped alot. Also trying not to left the other persuade you into getting somethingyou had no intentions of getting in the first place. Know this from personal experience.

I have actually eaten breakfast so that should help me. No real plans today for me. Some laundry and cleaning and working on a blanket for my cousin that is long overdue. Hope everyone has a good day.

ETA: I had to change my tracker to my mini goal cause the main goal was looking a little intimidating.
  • Good afternoon everyone... I am very late getting online today, been super busy and was late getting in today. DH and I both went for Heart Scans this morning... we wanted to have them done as the first step on the road to better health. There are many centers and hospitals here that offer them for a very reasonable rate so even though insurance does not pay for them it was a very well spent 50.00 for each of us... gives us a starting point, now we just need to make appointment with our primary doctor for physicals.

It looks like everyone is doing really well - I have to run but will try and pop on again later if not then I will be back tomorrow morning.

Have a great day all!
  • Good morning everyone and very happy Friday to you all! Long weekend ahead and I really don't have a game plan in place, I have just not had time to think about it but I will do the very best that I can and get my butt moving and get some walks in.

Did not go to my meeting / Weigh In last night, I got home from work and was just so tired that I felt sick so I did not go and stayed home and rested instead. It would have been a gain and with that being said I need to get moving... I have one year to get 50 lbs off before I turn 50 - I have basically just been screwing around up until now and have just not been trying very hard if I want to be totally honest with myself so will use this weekend to get my plan in place and come up with an exercise plan that I can live with, etc.

That is my goal, to achieve a reasonable weight and get to a healthy overall level - so be lighter by 50 lbs and get my butt in for a full physical and deal with anything that results from that.

I sure hope that everyone has a safe and happy holiday!
  • Hi Turtles,

Princess, what a wonderful plan. You're doing what you need to do to get yourself where you want to be.

As I approached 50, I too wanted to get back in shape. I was tired of being overweight and went on Medifast which helped knock off a nice amount. I felt good and it was worth depriving myself of many foods to do that. However, with all the pressures of life and then my thyroid going wacky I regained plus. Not fun! So, here I am one more time trying to get the excess weight off and then dealing with maintenance when I get there.
    For the first time in a long time I'm willing to be hungry quite often during the day. I allow myself a snack/food every two hours and if I'm hungry before then I drink some water or have a cup of tea. This is working for me right now and I'm very grateful!

I am sending and to help all our Turtles have a great weekend. Here in the states we've got a three day weekend and it's my official "end of summer". I'd like to end the summer less weight than when I began and I've got a great chance to do that!!!!!

Good luck to us all. I'm keeping baby steps in mind. One hour at a time, one day at a time. One pound at a time.

(I talked to someone the other day who has a big salad and 1/2hamburger at a BBQ. Lord! I used to eat a hamburger and two hot dogs-----and if I got hungry later on, I'd eat more. No wonder I gained weight. I love the volume of food and that's what I have to change now.)
    Best wishes to all of us!
    Judy
    234.6/194.8/180's and thinner Reaching 189# is my next big goal.
  • Seabiscuit- I know what you mean about counting points. I have always had trouble getting through the whole day having written everything down. I am glad that you have your motivation back. Hold on to it and get moving!

Judy- I am doing fairly well with my plan. Some times I just do the flex with Nutrisystem so I dont get tired and add in the pre planned meals when i dont feel like thinking about it.

Princess, Bandit, Terri, and Life4evr- Looks like everyone is doing their best in working towards their goals. Hope everyone has a good weekend. You can have a great time and make better choices for yourself.
  • Hi Turtles,
    Cherry, good way to work your plan. You're doing great. I have also taken a bit of a step away from WW's for a short while to see if this other program can help me learn new eating ways and finally drop some weight.

See you all over at #262 Bale of Turtles Saying Good Bye to Summer
    Judy
    We've gotten long-----see you all there.